main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Katie Johnson Update

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Those of you in (and some not) the 501st are aware of the disease afflicting Katie Johnson, the little girl of Albin Johnson, founder and LXO of the 501st. I just read this:

If you are a praying person, keep them in your prayers. If you're not, keep them in your thoughts.

Most of all, wish Katie godspeed to where she's going.

My heart is saddened. I couldn't imagine what my life would be like without one of my children.

2. Commander_Clem

Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Thanks Bob for the update. My wife and I are very sadden by the news. If there is any effort being put forth in behalf please let us know, we would like to help.

Thanks

3. Lord_Melkor

Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2005
    i'm sorry to hear this and i do not know much about her situation but what type of cancer did she have...i ask this because i know what her family is going thru...a year ago tomorrow my sister lost her 3 year old little girl to terminal brain cancer.

solrac

4. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Katie and her family will be in my thoughts.

It is a very sad day when a parent has to bury a child. I could never imagine life without one of mine.

5. jango_junkie

jango_junkie Jedi Master star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    I am very sorry for them. I know what its like to go through that and it is very hard. My thoughts and prayers will be with them.

6. Lord_Melkor

Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2005
    her family is also in our thoughts and prayers

7. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    for Katie's friends and family - my most heartfelt condolences. @};-

8. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    I've been following this for a long time, and Katie will be remembered by so many people. She touched a lot of peoples lives with her strength, and determination. I would highly recommend going to the website they have that's linked from the 501st page, and learning a little more about Katie. God speed Katie you're in my prayers.

9. black_8ight

black_8ight Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2004
  10. cyndilt76

cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    this is so very sad. my heart goes out to the johnson family.

11. Shaak_Vi

Shaak_Vi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    That is so sad. I first heard about Katie at CIII. My thoughts and prayers are also with the Johnson family.

12. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    This is so sad. Clem told me last night, and I almost cried, thinking about their loss. I looked at my little one and thought about how fortunate we are. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a child.

13. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    What saddens me is there are some idiots out there already (yesterday) trying to get a memorial patch done....and are wanting to contact the parents to get approval to do it! This is a time to mourn...not commercialize....

I did not even want to bring this up yesterday...cuz I was so friggin pissed by it.

14. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    some people just don't get it.

15. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    They definatly need to hold off. I know when Chanel died and MJF was getting the stickers done it was a way for her to work thru the loss since she was extrememly close to her. But with a child, they need to wait and respect the families wishes to not be contacted. I really hope the money they will be making will only go to the family for the memorial bench and their expenses. But for some - it may be the way they are trying to work thru their grief.

okay, onto my other thoughts. I haven't posted earlier because I keep finding myself crying - even now - when I think about the families loss. I don't have any children but I can't even imagine how much pain her family is going thru at the moment. I never knew her personally but I have been keeping up with everything thru the forkatie.org site and it hurts to think that someone so beautiful has left us all behind. But I can say that she was a beacon of why the 501st and groups like it are around.

The love and thoughts that were shown to her in her final days from her family and beyond was amazing to me. I spoke with my mother about it last night and told her, "there are times when I just can't stand the world I live in and then when tragedy strikes a group like the star wars fans, I am stricken by the amount of caring that is shown for those that are suffering."

I don't pray but I have been thinking a lot about the family and wish I could send them what strength I have to get them thru this.

16. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Katie's dad, Albin, founder of the 501st, posted this today:

17. black_8ight

black_8ight Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2004
    What!? Who the hell was this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.