main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Katie Johnson

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by F16WarBird, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    It is with an extremely heavy heart that I have to let everyone know that Katie has ended her battle with cancer. She passed away at 5:20pm today.

Please keep Al, Kathy, Allie and the rest of the Johnson family in your prayers.

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/cujo/extras/Jesusper20withper20littleper20one.jpg]
    "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand." John 10:28

2. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
  3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
  4. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    The little angel has gone on to a pain free place where no one can harm her. She's with God now, and he will take care of her now like Albin & Kathy did here.

:( @};-

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I didn't know her, but I'm really sorry... :( :( :(

@};-

6. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm sorry to hear the sad news.

7. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    She's in a happier place now.:_|

8. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I'm kicking myself about not helping spread the word about Katie's battle sooner, but FWIW, I posted about her demise on a few other Star Wars-related boards in the hope of generating a few donations to help defray the family's final medical and funeral expenses. I also intend to make a donation of my own.

9. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Albin, Katie's father posted this today.

10. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
  11. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Sorry to heard that. I was browsing the JC and I found the news. :(

I did not know her or her father, but my prayers are with the whole family. @};-

12. GenerationX7

GenerationX7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2002
    I'm sorry to hear that. My prayers are with her family. @};-

13. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    @};-

sorry for the loss its sad to lose a child suddenly my prayers and thoughts go out to the family @};-

Link

Theres an open guest book or if someone wants to make a donation I found a website where they doing both

R.I.P. Katie

14. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Wow, I don't know what I'm supposed to feel. Upon first seeing the news, I felt very angry. The last I had heard, (at C3) she was recovering quite well and that something or other had reduced itself by over 50%. Now she's gone and the only thing I can think of is seeing Katie at C3 (via tape) and Mr. Johnson crying when the fundraising check was presented to him. I feel angry that in the end, our efforts were not good enough to save her, (although I'm not saying the efforts were in vain as they immensely helped Katie and her family be more comfortable in the final stages of her life, as well as financially support the medical proceedings) Reading the letter Mr. Johnson wrote really brought open tears to my eyes. I am glad Katie got to pass while watching a movie she and her family had enjoyed and in the presense of family, supporters, and most importantly god. May she reside peacefully in the loving embrace of god's hands.

"Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it.....White shores, and beyond, a far green country fading into a swift sunrise.......(Rest in Peace Katie Johnson. May the good graces of our lord and savior Jesus Christ be with you always)

15. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Typho: The last I had heard, (at C3) she was recovering quite well and that something or other had reduced itself by over 50%.

one may have been reduced, theres a chance that they could've missed another one :(

cancer can be accellerated, my mom had it less then a year and she died a month after we found out, the day we found out that she had less then six months to live, she died the next night. the urine infection killed her before the cancer did :(

Its unpredictable, I've heard this happen more then a few times, they would begin to get better, but once cancer comes back theres no second chance. I remember someone who did get better from her treatments for Lieukemia, she died a few years ago because it came back.

Radiation and chemo is just a short term remedy for most. I'm not surprised that Katie died suddenly.

At this point, even a simple head cold can become deadly because your body is weakened from the treatments.

16. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    I saw this on the Rebel Legion site...I'm terribly sorry :(

But it's good that her pain is finally over :)

May God bless your family,
    Mallory

17. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    I just got home. I would've been home late last night but I had to stop in VA to crash for a few hours because I was physically and mentally wiped out.

It was a beautiful service. Everything about the day said Katie. From the melody of "SpongeBob Square Pants" before the service started, to the look in everyone's eyes as they said goodbye in their own way. The Reverend performed an outstanding sermon. Knowing that Katie loved to pinch people's noses and say "Honk", he left us all with a mental image of Katie tweaking the noses of the Apostles as she was welcomed into Heaven. I never want to forget that image.

When they played Jay's tribute video, there wasn't a dry eye to be found. While the day was tragic, it was also magical. It is something that I will carry with my for the rest of my life.

Katie's Memorial Video

18. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Thanks Joe for the video.

You're right, not a dry eye here watching it. :_|

So sad and touching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.