main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Katie Lucas - A New Hope?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheNewEmpire, Dec 12, 2010.

1. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007
    Is Katie Lucas our best hope for great star wars now and in the future?
    Could she one day take over the empire left to her by George and continue the legacy?

Something that was siad recently on last weeks clone wars roundtable podcast got me thinking about this. Katie seems to know what the fans want, and she seems to want to give it to us. Could she one day work on the live action TV show as well, p[erhaps even commissioning more SW movies somewhere down the line...
    Other than writing does Katie have any other skills useful to SW.

Does George's other kids have any involment with the clone wars?
    Are any persuing work in the movie business?

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I don't know what their plans are, but I'm with you here -- I'd love to see Lucas's kids do more with the franchise. I'd also like to see more interaction between Katie and the public, because up until now she's been hiding in the shadows. If she did more interviews, that would be great. I'm interested to see where she's coming from when she works on these projects.

3. DMan304

DMan304 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 10, 2004
    I don't know about all of that, but I do know that the few episodes she's been attached to have been really good.

4. MandalorianDuchess

MandalorianDuchess Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2010
    I think becoming more involved with creating SW stuff can be a very daunting idea, because the moment you do something the fans don't like, there'll be lots of fanboys and disappointed fans all over the Internet criticizing every single thing the person does. We know it has happened with GL, and personally I wouldn't want to see fans becoming equally critical of Katie, ever. (Based on the new CW episodes shown at the recent screenings, I don't think that is likely to happen any time soon, I hope).

But if KL is fairly thick-skinned or just doesn't really mind some criticism from the fans (because I'm sure eventually it might come) then it would be great to see her becoming more involved. And it does make me wonder if she wants to stick with the writing side, or if she ever will become interested in directing some SW project (either animated, live-action TV, or even theatrical features in some very distant point).

5. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Yes, jump on any bandwagon while it gives you what you want. Then, when there's a single episode that doesn't live up to the standard, jump off the bandwagon.

6. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I'm always very wary regarding things like this. On the one hand, Katie will have insight into the franchise that's probably unrivaled by anyone else, save GL himself. However, it does make me wonder whether or not she's too biased to properly run things, whether her vision and ideas are too similar to her father's. Moreover, were she to gain greater control of Star Wars, it would bring up the question of whether it was due to her talent, or due to her patronage (and I know she's not GL's biological daughter, but in this case, that really doesn't matter -he raised her, and that's probably had more sway in her life than whoever she's related to by blood).

It will be interesting to watch and see if she continues to work on TCW.

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Well, she wrote the trilogy that is the epicenter of Season 3, so that's probably a pretty good sign she will be sticking around.

She wrote "Jedi Crash", which was a pretty decent episode.

"Sphere of Influence" with Melching, which was middling.

"Assassin", which despite having the problems of being a "prequel" episode, was one of the better episodes of S3.

8. TheFiffis

TheFiffis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2010
    So far I've been a big fan of her episodes. I heard that she had read some of the comics to prepare for the Opress arc which is a very good thing. It means she's willing to do the research needed to write some good stories. I hope she has plans for the future of SW cause, as sad as it is, ol' Georgie boy ain't gonna live forever. And I would feel a lot more comfortable knowing that the future of SW was in the hands of someone who grew up around it, has taken an actual interest in the story of it and seems to care.

Cause it would be terrible if SW fell into the wrong hands. If you think special editions are bad...imagine SW remakes in the 2050. It would be the end of the world. Literally. The Earth would zip into the sun and we'd all be roasted.

So very terrible.

9. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    I don't know about you but if I had a parent that could pretty much fund any story I wanted to tell and help get it made it into a movie the last thing I?d do is waste time with Daddy?s dusty old ideas. I think now that she has proven herself we will soon see her getting her own pet film project off the ground on her father's dime and I say bring it on. Maybe she has something to do with this musical about fairies that we have heard rumblings about.

10. TheFiffis

TheFiffis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2010
    I completely forgot about that. That makes a lot of sense actually.

And to think I thought that was gonna be something to do with Willow (I still hope).

11. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005

So...she wrote an episode about herself being kidnapped while her little brother helped save the day?

Strange.

12. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007
    Some of the best stuff coming out of the clone wars is down her her involvement. I hope we she her on the DVD/Blu-Ray special features. It would be great to get to know her a little better...

13. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    WILLOW 2...come on Katie make it happen!!!

14. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Bah! Sphere of Influence was a great episode featuring some enjoyable sequences between Chu Chi and Ahsoka showing the latter working on her Force powers and carving up battle droids; plus Chairman Papanoida shooting first in a bar shootout like an inside-joke to the whole "Greedo shoots first" controversy.

15. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    o_O

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    More like The Phantom Menace... :p

But really, I still don't know what she is capable of. Jedi Crash was a good episode, but the rest of her work was nothing great. Not saying it wasn't good, but just not great. I have yet to see the Opress arc, but from what I've read, it could be the beginning of great episodes to come under her writing skills. The fact is there is still few material from her to decide if she's a new hope or not.

17. Foltliss

Foltliss Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 19, 2010
    If she wrote the Opress Arc, I'm ten times MORE "on the fence" than I was before. I've heard some awesome things about it... and some things that make me seriously consider eating a jar full of thumbtacks.

18. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    She's definately got talent, but Sphere of Influence and Assassin were definately not the best episodes, Assassin especially. I cringe at Ahsoka's on-off visions, and her and Padme's sudden best-friendship. The rushed, predictable plot didn't help, either.

19. Foltliss

Foltliss Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 19, 2010
    At the beginning of the Assassin episode, I had my fingers crossed, hoping the visions meant Ahsoka would die.[face_praying]

Alas, it's too soon for that.

20. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    It would be quite the rumblewagon then wouldn't it?:p

She did do Jedi Crash right? Because the opening of that episode was phenomenal.
    I'd like to see what happens if she takes over the franchise in the future.

21. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Yeah, I thought the visions would be more substantial than they were. But all we got were clips of future events in an episode that isn't all that great to begin with. [face_tired]

22. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I beg to differ, Assassin was horrible.

NO tension at all, visions-on-demand and as anti-climactic as it can get.

Jedi Crash wasn't very special either.

I'm supportive of the idea of George's children continuing the legacy. If they can, remains to be seen...

23. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    I loved "Assassin" and "Jedi Crash". I just don't get what the beef some fans have with them is all about.

24. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Whatever. Assassin was by far one of the best episodes so far this season. You make it sound like "visions-on-demand" is somehow a new precedent. Luke has them in ESB. Anakin has one in AotC and RotS. Yoda has them "on-demond", sometimes clouded by the Dark Side. As for tension, I guess we should also say that TPM and AotC has no tension either as we know Padme, Anakin and Obi-Wan cannot die at all in those movies. Amirite?

25. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    Just curious, which episodes of the series did you like Humble_Jedi?