main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Katie

Discussion in 'Archive: Philadelphia, PA' started by Reaper63, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    I have just learned of Katie's Passing today. I am forwarding KAthy's latest Update on Katie, and all I can say is God Bless this little Angel

Hi all,

This is Kathy. I'm writing to inform you all that Katie has beaten her
    battle with Cancer. Katie passed away at 5:20pm Today. Myself Al and
    Allie are trying to hold it together as best we can. We would appericate
    no phone calls for a few days.

Katie's Funeral will be at 4:00pm on Friday at Riverland Hills Baptist
    Church here in Columbia.

On behalf of myself and the entire family thank you for all you support
    and prayers. Please keep Al and Allie in your prayers as well as Katie's
    mother and step father. Al will be intouch soon.

Thank you
    Kathy Johnson

2. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

What a sweet girl, she will be remembered forever. My thoughts and love go out to her entire family.

3. Jedi180

Jedi180 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
  4. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    My deepest sympathies to all the family.

Katie will live on in the hearts and minds of the hundreds of people she touched all around the world.

May you rest in peace little angel.

5. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Katie isn't in pain anymore. She can stand on her own two feet. She can laugh & sing.
    Katie can dance. Katie can run again!

KATIE CAN FLY!!!

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/cujo/extras/Jesusper20withper20littleper20one.jpg]
    Katie went home.

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand." John 10:28
    In memoriam of Katie, Fandom Philly's website will be blacked out until Monday morning.

http://www.fandomphilly.org/

Please keep Al, Allie, and Kathy in your prayers.

6. Donlon

Donlon Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2005
    :( My sympathies to the family.

7. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I have said my peace on the 501st HQ boards but here I will just say I am glad that Katie in at peace now. :(

8. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    [image=http://www.skaught.com/501st/proofs/HM_Katie.jpg]

I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep now.

9. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    :_| :_| :_|

My deepest sympathies to Katie, Albin, Kathy and the entire Johnson family. Let Katie rest in peace, and be at peace in heaven. All of us extend our condolences to Katie.

10. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    :*(

Such a sweet angel...

11. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    My thoughts and prayers are with her family at this time. May she find eternal happiness now.

12. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    This is from Cherie.
    The PayPal can be sent via www.forKatie.org

If you choose to send flowers, the church's address is:
      Riverland Hills Baptist Church
      500 St. Andrews Road
      Columbia, SC 29210
    Thank you.

13. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    This was posted this morning by Al.

I will be at the funeral tomorrow. I will extend everyone's condolences to the family and let them know that they're in our thoughts and prayers.

14. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Katherine Johnson

IRMO ? Memorial services for Katherine Cameron ?Katie? Johnson, 7, will be held Friday, August 12, 2005, at 4 p.m. at Riverland Hills Baptist Church. Feel free to wear something pink in honor of Katie. Caughman-Harman Funeral Home, Irmo/St. Andrews Chapel, is in charge. Memorials may be made to the cancer research center of one?s choice.

Katie died Tuesday, August 9, 2005. Born in Columbia, she was the daughter of Albin Johnson and Beverly Myers. She had just finished first grade at Nursery Road Elementary. She was a member of Riverland Hills Baptist Church. Katie enjoyed swimming, reading, math and playing with kittens.

Katie is survived by her father, Albin Johnson of Columbia, mother, Beverly Myers of Columbia, her step-parents, Kathy Johnson and Glenn Myers, both of Columbia, sister, Allie Johnson of Columbia, and step-sister, Emily Kaht of New York.

http://www.thestate.com/mld/state/news/obituaries/12353912.htm

15. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    In lieu of flowers and the ability to get down to her funeral, Darren and I will be making a donation to Make A Wish in Katie's name. I wish we could make it to the funeral. Thank you Joe for reposting Albin's post. Reading it gave me a huge lump in my throat, but I needed to hear that Katie passed peacefully.

~Nicky

16. JediMom3

JediMom3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Words could never express my deepest sorrow to the Johnson family. My prayers are with them. Heaven has a precious new angel to cherish.
    God Bless Katie and the Johnson family.

17. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    I just got home. I would've been home late last night but I had to stop in VA to crash for a few hours because I was physically and mentally wiped out.

It was a beautiful service. Everything about the day said Katie. From the melody of "SpongeBob Square Pants" before the service started, to the look in everyone's eyes as they said goodbye in their own way. The Reverend performed an outstanding sermon. Knowing that Katie loved to pinch people's noses and say "Honk", he left us all with a mental image of Katie tweaking the noses of the Apostles as she was welcomed into Heaven. I never want to forget that image.

When they played Jay's tribute video, there wasn't a dry eye to be found. While the day was tragic, it was also magical. It is something that I will carry with my for the rest of my life.

Katie's Memorial Video

18. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    I'm glad to hear that Katie received such a beautiful reception. She was definitely deserving of it, and the video was just a tear-jerker. I can only imagine how wrecked you must be right now Joe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.