main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Katrina Work Party

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    The Arkansas and Memphis congregations of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are organizing trips down south to help with the clean-up the next two weekends. I am going. Anybody who wants to donate their time is welcome to come with us.

I don't have many details yet--don't even know what we will be doing, or where we will be going yet, but when I do, I will post more. If you want to help, let me know and I will help you sign up.

Thanks,
    Jacob

2. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I guess I never posted more...[face_blush]

We went to Hattiesburg, Mississippi. It was a great experience. The ride was a littl boring as I didn't have a book or my computer, but we got a lot of work done and the company was good. Nobody got seriously injured.

I don't think I have ever actually chopped down a tree before. I have chopped some up before, but some of the trees we had to clear were broken in half or severely bent, so I had to chop them down. I think I cut down 5 trees in addition to the many we cut up.

Going back again this weekend. I think we are going to Hattiesburg again, but I don't know.

3. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Good to hear that you guys are helping out. Wish I could go, but I am in no state to chop down a tree right now...or do much of anything. I guess I could sit in a lawnchair and supervise...but couldn't make a 6 hour ride. You're in my thoughts and prayers, that you may be able to help out and arrive and return safely.
    God Bless
    Bacon

4. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    this weekend was postponed.

5. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    Wish I could have a free weekend, I feel I should go down there and help out since some of my relatives are from Louisiana and lived down there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.