KC, MO KC Newsletter

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by LukeSkiewalker, Apr 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeSkiewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey everyone. I have been thinking about doing a KC newsletter. I have limited time but I think I could do one at least once a month if not every other week. Let me know what you think. If you want to receive it give me your email address. I am hoping to have one ready for this Friday. Any suggestions on content will be welcome as well.

Bradley
    MTHFBWY
  2. JediDBM Jedi Master

star 2
    I am all for it, send me your email address, I have a few suggestions, I will email them to you on my lunch break this evening. My email address is: JediDBM@AOL.com
  3. clonedmenace Jedi Knight

star 2
    sounds exciting! i'm clonedmenace@yahoo.com :)
  4. LukeSkiewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    I think I am going to have the Newsletter go out the first Friday of the month. That gives me about a week from now to put something together. If anyone has anything they want to see in the newsletter please email me. info@KCStarWarsFans.com
  5. JediDBM Jedi Master

star 2
    How about a couple of trivia questions in each one, and then the answers would be in the following months newsletter? Kind of like they do with the cross word puzzles in the Kansas City Star. That gives me an idea for a new topic here, which might generate a little more activity. Stay tuned for a new topic.
  6. LukeSkiewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Just a reminder the first newsletter is going out this Friday. There will be a chance to win a prize for correctly answering a trivia question. If I don't have your email address and you would like to be on the mailing list please drop me a line.
  7. LukeSkiewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey everyone-

The first issue went out today!

If you did not receive a copy and would like one please send a request to: info@KCStarWarsFans.com

The newsletter will also be archived on the web at a site to be determined later.
  8. LukeSkiewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    If you would like to submitt anything for the next Newsletter please submit by:

May 31st, 2003

The next issue will go out:

Friday June 6th, 2003

Thanks everyone!

MTHFBWY
  9. LukeSkiewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    If you would like to be eligible to play the trivia contest for May please Submit your answer to trivia@kcstarwarsfans.com by:

Friday May 30th

Remember the winner receives a sealed JediDex.

FYI you don't want to miss your chance for the next issue either. From my personal collection it is!
  10. Orli_Bloom_fan Jedi Knight

star 1
    What if our parents aren't comfortable with us giving out our email address online? If you will be at the BBQ we can talk there, but if not, my AIM is miniaayla.
  11. Taz_Jinn Jedi Master

star 4
    humm... good idea this is...
    altimate_joker@classicnet.net

yes... reach me there you can.
  12. MonkeyFett Jedi Padawan

13. LukeSkiewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    FYI on the 3rd issue.

normally it would go out this Friday. And honestly I usually wouldn't have it finished by then. However I had the foresight to realize that I was going to be extremely busy the end of the month so I finished it about 3 weeks ago, Except for 2 things. 1)I can't put meeting highlights in until we have a meeting. So I will release it a week after our next meeting. 2) One of the new features "The add-to story" has not had any submissions. I might write for that but I already have the Costumer article and I would like to have others contribute as much as possible. I love making the Newsletter and will continue to do so as long as there is interest in receiving it. For that reason I encourage everyone to submit something. if you need a copy of the first 2 issues send a blank email to info@KCStarWarsFans.com

On another related note ONLY 1 person has answered the trivia question correctly. For this reason I will have the same question in the next issue with a hint as well. Once you see the hint anyone should be able to answer correctly. Also to be fair the person who has already answered correctly may not answer again. You know who you are :)
  14. clonedmenace Jedi Knight

star 2
    hahaha... who could that be?
  15. LukeSkiewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    The 3rd issue should be sent out on Friday July 25. All I need to do is put in our meeting Highlights. Also as I said before there will be some repeated items because no has submitted anything for them. In Addition, don't forget to answer the TRIVIA!

The winner gets a picture of Yoda signed by Frank Oz with a COA
  16. Laynel Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm looking forward to getting it(the newsletter that is). Though I won't be able to read it for another three weeks. :)
  17. LukeSkiewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    UPDATE:

I realized that the polls for our name and for the CR end on Saturday...So I will send it out as soon as those polls close so the information is as up to date as possible.
  18. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Yeah, I'd like to get that. solojones1138@cs.com

-sj loves kevin spacey
  19. WarmasterDan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'd like this.
    my e-mail is warmasterdaniel@yahoo.com
  20. Qui-Gon_Glenn Jedi Padawan

I'd like to get a copy of this if I could. My e-mail is qui-gonglenn@prodigy.net
  21. Laynel Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, whatever happened to the one we were supposed to get after the meeting? Or did I just get skipped again? :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.