main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO KC Official Logo contest.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LukeSkiewalker, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Hey everyone. I think it is about time for us to have a logo for our FanForce. [cheers, applause, and general aggreement heard in the background]

Okay good. To help spawn some interest we're going to have a contest. At our next meeting we will judge the best logo and the winner will get a free tee-shirt with the new logo on it. [Groups eyes open wide as if it were Christmas morning]

I figured you would be interesting. Now here are the rules:

1. DO NOT USE A COPYRIGHTED IMAGE IN THE LOGO e.g. Rebel Alliance symbol, Imperial symbol, Old Republic symbol, Golden Arches, etc. However, borrowing is fine. I beleive Phoenix FF is a good example of this. Lucasfilm has been very lenient with all the FF's but that could change so lets not make it an issue.

2. It doesn't have to be a work of art. I'm sure some of us are better artist than others. I am looking for a general sketch for our logo. We can always have someone else make it look professionally done. In fact one of my students is a really good artist so I could probably have him make the final draft.

3. Be creative.

4. HAVE FUN with this!

[walks away from podium. Excessive applause ensues. Audience screams "ENCORE!" and bangs on seats. Returns to podium]

Sorry I only do one show a night.

[Audience boos and hurls a Bantha at the stage barely missing the most esteemed speaker]

MTFBWY

2. Laynel

Laynel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    :)

Question : If we can't use the Rebel Alliance symbol, how are we supposed to show who we are? I don't understand what you mean by borrowing.

Edit: What's up with the faces?

3. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Well you can still borrow from it. For example Phoenix uses the same genral shape but the inside has like the arizona flag and other stuff.

Like I said before be crative!. Chicago doesn't have any of the tradional SW images but they still have a nice logo. This can be done.

4. clonedmenace

clonedmenace Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    cool! lol too bad i'm not artistic... lol...

hey, laynel, you have to put a space before a smiley... :)

5. Laynel

Apr 30, 2003
    I'll have to check some of the other ones out.
    Uh...yeah Menace, I knew that. *Eyes keyboard. Wonders what she did with the enter button*

6. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    If you check out the 'Fan Force' section of the Icons, you can see some more examples of fan force logos.

~H~

7. Laynel

Apr 30, 2003
    Thanks Darth. I'll have to take a look at those.

Uh Menace, please don't take me seriously. I was kidding because I really had no idea I needed to do that. As someone once said "I was born to speak all mirth and no merit." Anyway, if anything I say comes out sounding mean I'm sorry. I'm never serious in those cases, but mean it to be joking. Only I can't use voice inflection on the computer. Yeah, I'll shut up now.

8. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    lol it's all good :)

9. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Just a reminder that this is still going on.

10. JediDBM

JediDBM Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2003
    so has a logo for KC fanforce ever been decided on? if so what does it look like?

11. EricIsBacchus

EricIsBacchus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 16, 2003
    ^^^^^
    Good question. I have a cool idea but I'm going to need help to make it.

12. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Just thought I would show everyone a logo I just made

http://earnfreegroceries.us/kcstarwarsfans/index.html

EDIT: Sorry for the pop-ups in advance. I haven't paid my hosting for a while so they put a bunch of crap on your site. Anyway to block pop-ups download google's or msn's pop-up blocker. They are both free and don't contain spyware.

13. purpledroid

purpledroid Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2004
    i went and signed the form! so, i'm set until further notice.

14. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I have a question. Are we looking for a logo as in a whole title thing or just something small like something that could fit in an icon?

-sj loves kevin spacey

15. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Well...

I say go for both! Honestly though If you are only wanting to make one or the other go for the large logo so we can put it on T-shirts and stuff. And I do mean large as in 2000 x 2000 (or Equivilant) would be the minimum. Wheras an Icon is going to be about either 50x50 or 100x100 (I can't remember which) Anyway I would much rather see us have a good "big" logo than just an Icon. Also depending on how graphically intensive the logo is you can just resize the picture to be "Icon" Size.

Hope this clears that up. If not let me know.

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, it does, thanks. I understand your reasoning and agree with it. If we make a big logo, then we can modify it for icon use if we want anyway :)

Do we know who is working on a logo, if anyone? I'm not exactly sure if I have any ideas for one... I just wanted to know because if we do get one it might be nice to include it in the banner. However, we can always add it in later.

Which reminds me, I'm about half-done with the banner right now. Of course, the first draft of the banner, which I'll check with you Luke after it's done ;)

-sj loves kevin spacey

17. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    The only thing I have worked on is what I have on that website and the logo I used in the newsletter in the past.

Also I don't know if anyone knew this or not but FanForce has two new official logos. There was a contest a while back and the logos below where chosen as the winners.

[image=http://www.cloneweb.net/fanforce_black.jpg]

and

[image=http://www.cloneweb.net/fanforce_white.jpg]

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Those are really cool logos. I like how they changed around the Aurabesh letters so they looked semi-normal where most people can read them. However, I can read normal Aurabesh so I was like 'hey, why are those m's upside-down s's?' :p

-sj loves kevin spacey

19. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    I kind of felt the same way. My wedding band has an inscription in Aurabesh that reads: United by the force.

:D :D :D :D :D

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    :eek:

Wow, that is what I call hardcore ;)

And peopel think I'm weird when I can easily translate Aurabesh used in forum banners and such :p

-sj loves kevin spacey

21. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    lol psychos... ;-)

i can read Aurebesh, but not quickly. i'm just special like that...

yeah the end.

22. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Okay well I broke my own rules but here is a logo...

[image=http://www.heartofthealliance.com/images/hotalogo.jpg]

What do you all think?

23. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    For all of my volunteering enthusiasm these days. I have NO graphics skills whatsoever. I'm even more hampered by the fact that I can't find my Fireworks disk so I don't even have a decent image program on our new computer. What ever you all can do is fine by me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.