main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Kecen's EU fanarts (updated 6-18 VONGMIX album art)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by kecen, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Eh, I have an ample collective of Star Wars fanart on my Deviantart page. If you search "Grievous" or "Kaleesh" etc....it will turn up. Be sure to check the scraps gallery too.

click

Recent Updates

Philosophlanger Beach Day
    Basically, two of Kalee's version of shapers. They study donut shaped crabs and protocists.
    Ampersand in Misaal To (Female YV warrior OC)
    Blue_But_Beautiful colored the original lineart too.

Chained to the Coral Desk (same OC)
    My relationship with the Star Wars fandom.
    Asajj Duvall
    One of the OC's from the Beach Day picture cosplaying Asajj Ventress.
    Yes, Sheela.
    My OC Grizhabel'd from my fanfiction "Yun Yammka in Escrow" with two Kaleesh jesters named Vuolasi and Blartagh. Reference to the Dresden Dolls, hint hint.
    Saba Sebatyne
    Done on a request by Blue_But_Beautiful for a Barabel.
    Vergere and Onimi
    Striped stockings are my penchant.
    Mara Jade and Mara Lambec
    ...as are female YV warriors. I draw them too often even though they all look like men.
    Random Kaleesh

The rest of the YV fanart....
    http://embracethepain.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=ficart&action=display&thread=1168653794

I'm willing to do an art trade with someone who can draw my OC Elmira Val XP
    The only rule is that you have to give me your half of the art trade first...I hate it when I get ripped off when the other person doesn't give me their half.

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello kecen, and welcome to the Fan Art forum! Quite a nice collection of pieces here--and yet more Yuuzhan Vong art! It's great to see more interpretations of those enigmatic aliens! I didn't have time to look at everything (time is exceedingly short for me these days), but the selection you've included is great--your linework is very bold and yet sketchy--a nice effect--and your coloring looks great! Keep up the wonderful work, and we'll be looking forward to more! Again--welcome!

FF

3. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Yay, nice to see you have a thread here now too, I don't think i've commented on your Asajj Tribute pic yet either. Fantastic work! It's in that Kecen style thats very original and it has a slight humerous feel to it too, I love the colour use and the character choice too ;)

4. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Oi, I have more art up.
    The first is of my OC's younger sister (not biologically speaking), Mufinlaf, and an infant. Not her infant, mind you.

The second is of Elmira and some girl in a wetsuit. It's got a story, too!

5. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    About time I updated. Although I feel like spamming for having two posts in a row due to no replies XP

And here's a picture of two Yuuzhan Vong warriors exchaning pleasantries. I put more effort than usual into this one. And the commander looks like "unmasked Grievous" XP

Blue_But_Beautiful mentioned this fanart over at her thread, I thought I should post it with mention of such ahahaa.
    Intendant Pattern Baldness

I also drew a Yammosk being petted. I wonder if they're warm.
    Yammosk Language Translator

I also got the idea that Yuuzhan Vong would buy spice weasels for each other.

I figured domain Val would revere Yun-Ne'shel, due to my plot point that they selectively breed with each other.

Since I saw the "real face" of General Grievous (action figure), I figured I shouldn't be calling my Kaleesh concepts "Kaleesh" any more because I'm protective of my character designs. Oh well. "Sheela Le'salde"

In response the this "real face", I drew my OC doing mary sueish things with Qymaen jai Sheelal

6. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Ai i'm slow on the uptake, can't say thanks enough for the surprise art of Nia :D Awesome inspiration for that little tale ;)

I really love the ones with the Yammosk in, really nice surreal and airy quality to it, and also the one mentioning Yun-Ne'shel, brilliant stuff and in keeping with your original style too :)

7. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, don't worry about doubling for a legitimate update, kecen--that's always allowed! It's only naughty if you're just posting to "up" your thread.

These are great (left some comments on dA, too!)--you certainly have a good sense of humor to accompany your artwork, which is always good for me! :p Great colors, and having the little "blurbs" with the pieces helps get us up to speed on the scene you're illustrating. The "Mail Order Grievous" one had me giggling pretty good! ;) :D

FF

8. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Blue: Remember OOP? Ai, I think that battle droid launched me into all matter of unspeakable territory. I wonder how many favorites I'd get if I posted another Grievous picture XD

Falcon: Ai, I like to blurb. I think I got the inspiration from Luminatii to include writing with my art because I'm not dedicated enough to go into full-length fanfiction...

9. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    OOP! Who could forget that excentric battle droid? That fic was actually as sweet as it was mind boggling lol. You should definantly sketch a portrait pic of him :)
    I own a small battle droid figure that we all reffer to as OOP actually XD

10. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    Those are good, kecen.

11. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Loi? What is this? A new commentor? Ahahaha, thankyou for the positive consideration.

12. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I'm so lazy when it comes to updates. But here they are.

Young Shedao Shai and Deign Lian
    A classmate had rather odd comments, but take it as you will. Shedao Shai sure beat Deign Lian like a pillow in Dark Tide II.

Because she colored my fanart here, I made my colored version of Blue_But_Beautiful's "All Is Forgiven In Victory" in return. Beware, there's kissing!

From the Diary of Mufinlaf, a possibly non SW picture that could be interpreted as two Yuuzhan Vong and a Right Whale Dolphin. Mufinlaf is jealous that her sister hangs out with Mr. Right Dolphin so much.

Ghost of Two Summers a quick sketch of Grievous done on shipainter. Enough said.

"Recognize Me Sheela?" says Oranda, who is really Ronderu Lij Kummar. Featuring pre-cyborg Grievous as a little grrl (because my Kaleesh are protogynous)

Flour Baby, Eel Babies, featuring pre-cyborg Grievous and Sheela the Easter Platypus, beloved emblem of sentient jelly planet Udinika.

Spot the Genuine, a lesson about the difference between female Yuuzhan Vong in Holodramas versus the real deal. I snatched the idea from SusiebBeeca on DA XP

Swim With Scapans, a lesson about refilling prescriptions featuring my made-up dolphin people, the Lysaegic Imperials. Not Yuuzhan Vong ripoffs, I swear. There's a mermaid sea witch...

Nei Rin Lineart
    She's the shaper from Legacy #12, The Ghosts of Ossus. I still think Liaan Lah could be female. There's dolphins by the way.

"Sleep My Sister"
    Two OC's. Inspired by the Hungry Lucy song "Bound in Blood"

Aunt Mildred and Elmira
    Commander Miraal Dresh always made her distant relation go on dates with bald males in hopes of breeding further hairless crechelings. She failed to do so.

Forkwaith, Granddaughter of General Grievous
    She has no mammary glands. And has tattoos. And has a snake staff. And runs a chocolate company.

Wetsuits Galore
    Look at the backview!

Disapproving Class
    These might just not be Yuuzhan Vong because I made up all the character designs from scratch. But if it makes you want to look, you can think they are :>

13. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Wow Kecen, you really like the Vong, don't you? Excellent job on everything. I especially like your Vergere drawing. I laughed at your 'Two Vong exchanging pleasantries'... I thought "Are the Vong ever pleasant?" [face_laugh]

Great job!

AG88

14. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Ah, but the Yuuzhan Vong are somewhat pleasant when they're dating. Yep, Elmira is a grrl. "And that is why a grrl is called a tease and that is why a guy is called a sleaze" says the song "Shores of California" by the Dresden Dolls.

15. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Great collection in this update, kecen! I really like your "sketchy" linework--it's very unique and recognizable! Great work with the colors, too!

FF

16. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    *should be updating whenever new art is posted*

I colored the sketch of Nei Rin on shipainter. I plan on showing this to Jan Duursema, unless I'm not supposed to.

"A Hint of Succulents"

17. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Art dump time!
    Lethargic Afterritual (Yuuzhan Vong, Bluetail Jedi)
    I did this as part of an art trade with karabbackilla (the link to her gallery is on the description). I'm really proud how it turned out (although the colors could be darker).

"Yun-Ne'Shel" work-in-progress
    Well, she's not the actual goddess (her name is Shaelasalde and she isn't a Yuuzhan Vong or part of the SWU). But you can pretend this is Star Wars fanart if you really want to XP

Radio Tagg'd
    More almostbutnot!Vong. In universe, they're Yuuzhan Vong warriors. Out of it...they're not XD
    Photoshop practice, this is.

Grizhabel'd Walks to Work
    The Yuuzhan Vong rocker from my fanfiction, Yun-Yammka in Escrow. She works at the Holographic Museum of Improbable Animals for a living because some humans hired her as a vocalist/tuba player to get press attention. You can read what I have so far on my profile. I need to update the fic but I think it's unpopular due to its lack of skilled writing/jumping through writing styles.

Udding Saving Sheela
    Ah, more of my infamous female Grievous musing (with matching attire!). I was reluctant to upload this for a year, but eh it's good now. San Hill is in it...

Have You Seen My Sister Elmira?
    "She's flirting with the commander..."

Andolyrus
    My space dolphin character. He likes posing as military officers.

Orv Dessrx
    Teltior Jedi OC, done as part of an art trade (see the other half here)

Sketches of Ugly Things
    See insert for picture of Liaan Lah as a kid :3

Front Row (comic)
    Please download the .zip file or look at the link to livejournal to read this comic. It's something I did for a contest that includes my not!Vong characters XD

What an enigmatic title! Puppy-eyed Yuuzhan Vong almost lovers.

Say No, Pottergit!
    Death sticks are baaaad for you.

Aquatic Rainbow Sketches
    Featuring Vua Rapuung and Mezhan Kwaad, whom writing fics about warrants positive attention for making people who hate Yuuzhies like them because they are making out! Go read the fic "Tell No One" for details! Oh, and I also drew a Mon Calamari and stick her in.

Sleep, My Sister
    More of the Val/Veller sisters XP Aren't you sick of them now?!?

But wait, there's more. "The Remaining Hairpiece"

Now I need to work on another comic about something something.

18. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Saint Skannenis, dolphin saint of lusty warriors. This was a request...

19. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
  20. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    I really like the deep sunken modeler, it's definantly all completely your unique style thats very illustrative, you should try illustrating for fiction and suchlike :)

21. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Ai, you suppose I'd get into a banner then?

22. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love the colouring and the figures

23. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Eeek, a new visitor! Thanks, I'm working on more interesting poses/perspectives in my art. It seems the most intersting compositions come unconsciously, rather than on purpose (on top of that, on lower quality paper).

Thought I'd post a picture from my 2005 Grievous era, since it seems to be rather popular.
    Grievous, tentacles, uh-oh.
    I loved to dress Grievous in skirts back in 2005. S/he's an alien, right? Mabye miniskirts are standard on Kalee (remember that picture of Qymaen with Ronderu?)

And another, this featuring Qymaen. It's mushy and sentimental and has a sarong. Too bad I couldn't write a fanfic to it. Well, my writing skills have improved over time so maybe I could try a ficlet.
    Reunion

Oh no, grrly Grievous! Again! Forgive my immaturity in approaching the matter/intolerance to those to deviate from gender roles. This was two years ago.
    Earfin Flower!

24. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
  25. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Those are so cute! I especially like the anteater one [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.