main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Keep It" (AotC Alternative Ending, A/P)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by leia_naberrie, Mar 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Title: ?Keep It?
    Timeframe: Attack of the Clones
    Characters: Padmé Amidala, Anakin Skywalker
    Genre: Corny 8-}
    Keywords: Episode II, missing scene
    Summary: A scene that ought to 8-} have taken place at the end of Episode II.

Disclaimer: Goes without saying. 8-} Lucasfilm owns all the rights to Star Wars. I don?t. No infringement is intended or profit to be made by me.

A/N: This fic was entirely inspired by a scene in the film 'The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers'. It's the closest thing I've written to a cross-over fic. Another unbeta'd shortie, [face_plain] I denied my baser instincts and stayed up to write one of the random plot bunnies that always seem to come into my head just when I'm turning down the bedspread at night. :(

A/N2: Padmé and Anakin's characterisations are a little off. ;) It is an AU after all. 8-} There are some parts that are too corny for words. If this fic was sugar, it would be the syrupy kind that gums to your teeth... 8-} You have been warned. :cool:

[b]?KEEP IT?[/b]

The gentle breeze teased the petals of the red carnation plants, drafting their fragrance in circles of melancholy around the silent couple at the balcony as it played its bittersweet tune above the still lake.

She was incandescent in white, her pale skin glowing against her dark long hair, her tiny frame dwarfed beside his imposing height; his dark robes were almost indistinguishable from the surrounding night, his golden hair glinting against his tanned skin.

They held hands, fingers as intertwined as their souls. Blue eyes stared into brown, a gaze filled with such poignant expectation that the breeze quieted, stilled, the very air seeming to hold its breath for them.

She finally spoke.

?You have the chance to be great and glorious, to use your gifts to do much good in the galaxy, and to fulfil your destiny. I cannot take that away from you.?

The words were said with love, and it echoed in her eyes, in the tears that stood in them.

He swallowed, forcing down the lump of panic. When he spoke, his voice was harsh.

?Padmé...?

She smiled sweetly.

?It means ?flower?.?

The mundane answer startled him.

?What??

?My name. It means ?flower? in Naboo. I come from a planet whose symbols are the earth and the sea. Your name is Skywalker. You were born from the air. You were meant to walk the skies.? The tears slipped, fell and her fingers were free of his.

He grasped for them but they flew out of his reach and hid in the refuge of her throat. He would have grasped for the woman herself but he knew that like her hands, she had already slipped away from him.

?Why are you saying this?? He gasped. He wanted to grab her shoulders, draw her to himself, make her feel the mortal lesions that were breaking open in his soul at her words, even as she refused to acknowledge her own wounds, her self-inflicted pain.

She pulled her hands from her throat, letting one fall and reaching for his own with the other. For a moment, he dared hope she had come back to him and his fist closed desperately over her palm. Then he felt the rough thread resting in softness and he looked down.

His ribs closed over his heart.

?I am a Senator. You?re a Jedi.? Each word was enunciated with the precision of arrows aimed at a target. ?It was a dream, Anakin, nothing more.?

The tears were rivulets of silver on her face. Her gaze fell to their hands, to the carved pendant of japor snippet that hung from the worn thread.

?This belongs to you.?

Like the release of an indrawn breath, the air broke its stillness. Sighing, it touched the couple, lifting hair, tracking pain along the paths of tears on cheeks.

He forced his heart to keep beating even as d

2. jedilauren266

jedilauren266 Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2003
    great story!

did i get the first post?
    yay i got the first post! :)

3. Jaster Mereel

Jaster Mereel Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 1998
    That was quite good, although sad...

4. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    jedilauren266; Yep, you did! [face_laugh] Thanks for reviewing... :)

Jaster Mereel: :) Sad is good.

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I liked this one. The imagery was quite lovely and it wasn't too sugar sweet. Nicely done.

6. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Good job, although I can't agree it's the way AotC "should have" ended....

7. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Hmmm..... why could you be writing this... :p

Lovely though. :)

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautifully done. You captured the emotions of lovers who simply cannot be together because their roles in life will not allow it. Poignant and sweet, very nicely done!

9. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Oh... wow, just, wow! :eek:

Don't tell anybody, but I think you've just certified yourself as my favorite writer on the boards with this one, leia. The imagry of the two lovers and their ephemeral emotions for each other was fantastic.

I have to say that if you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have recognized it as inspired by LOTR.

Again, well done. :)

10. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    You have a very interesting way of switching the male/female sides of the original argument in the Two Towers, and, no, it's not that sugary. More stories of this quality would certainly be welcome.

11. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    I like. :) Very rich and colorful. It seems to have the same purity as its inspirational scene - where everything except the primary characters just fades into a beautiful background.

12. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Sob! Sob! That's so sad! It can't end that way for them. Nooooo!

Beautifully written, though completely heartbreaking!

13. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    :_|.

Even sadder than canon, if that's possible.

--MissPadme

14. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Well written as always. :)

I didn't think it was too sugary.

I just think it's a terrible ending. :_| I mean, really, who needs three years of the Clone Wars to destroy Anakin's soul when Padme can just crush him right then and there? :mad: That darkness surrounding him without her isn't metaphorical...

Neat plot bunny, though. ;)

15. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    So sad, but beautifully written. Wonderful imagery. I loved it.

16. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    dianethx: Nicely done. :) Thank you!

stacysatrip: I can't agree it's the way AotC "should have" ended... One against! (See my post to VaderLVR64 below)...
    [face_laugh] And permit me my little joke... ;) It depends on how you view the role Padme played in Anakin's turning... [face_plain]

RebelScum77: why could you be writing this... :confused: I have no idea! 8-}

VaderLVR64: You captured the emotions of lovers who simply cannot be together because their roles in life will not allow it. :_| :_| :_|
    And one for... ;) (See my reply to stacysatrip above.)

Knight-Ander:

[face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

Lordban: no, it's not that sugary. You should see some of the stuff I usually write... [face_devil] More stories of this quality would certainly be welcome. What a nice thing to say... :) Thank you!

Reihla: I loved that scene in TT! :) Thanks for saying this came close to it.

Dally: ***puzzled over your tears*** honey, it didn't end like that! :confused:

MissPadme: Even sadder than canon, if that's possible. [face_shocked] No way! [face_laugh] And thanks for reviewing!

DarthLex: I just think it's a terrible ending. Well you certainly don't mince words, do you? :D who needs three years of the Clone Wars to destroy Anakin's soul when Padme can just crush him right then and there? <gasps!> :eek: :eek: You do not know the import of your words! :eek: Thanks for reviewing though, despite your strong feelings against! ;)

Gina: I loved it [face_blush] Thanks

17. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    Beautiful... But count me as against! ;)

This ending was really great but it leaves me frustrated... And you're right the real one is more tragic. Tragic is good. ;)

18. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    Padlei:
    Tragic is good. :) A girl after my heart!

19. Jedi_Bant

Jedi_Bant Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2004
    How sad.... but how well written! I *loved* that scene in LOTR even though many fans didn't like Arwen's role but I did and I like the way you've reversed it because of course, it's Padme that's the *rational* one here and Anakin is the *immortal* and Anakin gave Padme a pendant. Oh, I hope you continue this because it is so promising and different!

20. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    Jedi_Bant: Wow, you're popping up everywhere! :) ~~~I *loved* that scene in LOTR ~So did I! :D I had no problems whatsoever with Arwen's role either, but I hadn't read the books then. ~~~ it's Padme that's the *rational* one here and Anakin is the *immortal* and Anakin gave Padme a pendant. ~ You caught that didn't you? ;) ~~~ Oh, I hope you continue this because it is so promising and different! ~ :) Let's see! Thanks for reviewing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.