main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Keep Moving - Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Action Moving Monday Mush Mania, One-Post

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ardavenport, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Title: Keep Moving
    Author: ardavenport
    Timeframe: pre-Episode I, pre-TPM
    Genre: drama, mush humor
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, OC
    Keywords: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi, negotiator, Jedi, youngling
    Summary: Obi-Wan goes along with his Master while he pursues their back-up plan for their current mission.
    Notes: The characters and first appeared in the story Jedi Dreaming. Typo is my middle name, with missing words and errors that spell checkers do not catch being my speciality - if you see any, just post a reply or send a PM with the what and where and I will kill them with no mercy.
    Disclaimer: All characters and the Star Wars universe belong to George and Lucasfilm; I am just playing in their sandbox.

A long hair tickled under Obi-Wan Kenobi's nose.

His Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, turned his head. The hair shifted away.

Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.

Obi-Wan cringed at the noise of his Master's heavy boots on the stairs. It sounded loud in the narrow back stairway. And the motion jolted him with every step, though he supposed it would be much worse if he could properly feel anything.

Qui-Gon looked to his right. The hair came back. Hairs this time. Irritating as they were, Obi-Wan could feel them. The paralytic might be wearing off. But he still could not move.

Dingy walls, a low ceiling and lights flashed by his watery, open eyes. Qui-Gon had to run hunched over in the cramped Gwordish back corridor.

He suddenly stopped. Obi-Wan's head flopped back, his eyes staring upward.

FFFFFFZZZZZZZIIIIIIIHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

The lightsaber hissed on, loud in the confined space.

A small swarm of tiny, black many-legged crawlers meandered on the rough, blotchy ceiling less than a finger length from him and Obi-Wan hoped that none would drop on his face or hair because he could not move to brush them away.

SSSSccrrrrreeeeee-drrruuuhhh-uub-uuur-uub-ub-ukr-ub-ub-ukr-ubukrubukrubukr-ub-ukr-ub-ukr.

The lightsaber crackled and squealed as Qui-Gon cut another hole.

Thump!

Qui-Gon cleared the hole with a quick, sharp Force push. The sudden jolt ephemerally echoed through the whole length of Obi-Wan's body splayed over his Master's broad back, his arms around his neck. Despite his immobility, he still felt the Force, strong and vibrant, but his paralysis left him detached from the flow of strength that his Master so freely used for their escape. And to carry his stupid, twenty year-old Padawan slung over his shoulders.

Obi-Wan would hear his Master's admonishments 'to be mindful' for quite some time after this mission.

The curve of the new hole in the wall, still red hot, passed close by his head as Qui-Gon stepped through. His Master had been careful to keep anything from touching or bumping into his head, but Obi-Wan would check for bruises in other places later, when he could move again.

Qui-Gon stood up to his full height, pausing in this new place. He ran.

His boot steps echoed in the cavernous space, with only a few lumen panels above amidst black shadows and conduits. Chrome and smoothed colored surfaces with round reflectors and dark transpari-screens passed by. They were in a vehicle storage area. Racks and racks of enclosed Gwordi-sized speeders, tucked away for later use.

An engine rumbled to life. And another, echoing in the distance. This was an active garage.

Senses tuned (the Force could still aid him in that), Obi-Wan listened, but there was no warning that anyone else in the garage was looking for them. Yet.

Qui-Gon stopped suddenly, throwing Obi-Wan's head back again. Seeing only blackness and dull silvery ventilation ducts above, he wished that his Master would stop doing that.

In his mind came a faint flicker of an apology. And a reminder of their need for haste. This close, in physical contact, the Force easily transmitted the traces of his Master's thoughts to him. Obi-Wan sighed his own apology.

If he had only been more mindful - -

FFFF

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Poor Obi, always getting into trouble, or at least difficulties, with Qui-Gon to the rescue Very enjoyable.

3. azizah

azizah Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2006
    Great story as usual,and just what I needed.

The droid asked Qui-Gon what type of packaging he preferred, but he declined any and pushed the cart out toward the open exit. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I imagine Qui-Gon usually brings his own bags, but he should have thought to go through the quick check line.

Nooooo, Master, no!

Qui-Gon could sense Obi-Wan's objection. He was just ignoring it.

Poor Obi-Wan, he wouldn?t have listened even if you could talk.

Great job.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Another of your truly enjoyable moving at a high pace vignettes. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are always in trouble but I like it.

5. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Valairy_Scot, azizah, earlybird-obi-wan:

Obi-Wan is so......... rescue-able. :) But he has to put up with Qui-Gon moving fast to do it. Thanks all for reading!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.