main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Keep Track of the Number of Times You've Seen Revenge of the Sith.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthBrian, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediNyt

JediNyt Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    2. Gonna see 3 at 6:30 today.

My personal opinion about not letting younglins see ROTS is that this is a once in a lifetime experience that will never happen again. Even if the movie scares you a bit I personally think that's ok, it's Star Wars and it's all worth it and think of how you'll feel many years from now when you remember that you were there and saw the last Star Wars in the theaters. You'll remember this forever.

Even I get a little frightened when I see Anakin burn, burning is a big fear of mine, but I'm glad I saw it, it was perfect. Being desensitised to violence makes one stronger I believe. Prepares you more for real life encounters, even if just a little.

But that's just my feelings on the matter, I'm no parent, but I can understand if your worried that your child may disrupt the theater with screaming and what not, in which case perhaps it's best not to bring them. Your probably right, being a parent is a hard job.

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I can't speak for "being a parent," but I actually warned my dad about taking my mom to see it. Sounds weird, I know, but I don't think my mom could handle it.

Granted, I'm still having a hard time with some parts. I'm having trouble sleeping a bit just because the image of the kids keeps popping into my mind. :( And burning Anakin... *shudders*

*sigh* Still at one.

Am going tomorrow for b-day! :D

3. Emerald_Beacon

Emerald_Beacon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    Yeah... if not for three moments in the film, I think most older kids (eight and up, perhaps) would probably be okay with it...

The purge of the younglings (the sincere plea for help, answered with the ignition of a lightsaber... it's still chilling to think of)

Anakin bursting into flames (and worse, seeing Obi-Wan look back in pain, knowing he can't risk saving his 'brother')

The rather gruesome scene where Vader recieves his prosthetics and armor (watching a horrifically burnt body writhing in pain was a bit much... though hearing the first gasp of his respirator gave me serious goosebumps)

I'm trying to decide whether or not to tell my co-worker that it might be OK for her kids to see it...

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    7 times

As of yesterday, I have seen it 7 times, Leia twice, and Collin twice... Lauren only .20 times.. she always falls asleep in movies. I am taking a break today, I am so totally exhausted from the line event, and just thinking about the anniversary party at my house next week, exhausts me even more. LOL

5. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    3rd time tonight at 9:45 digital showing at Edwards Mira Mesa 18.

6. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    edit: crap..I meant to post this on the other thread not this one..kinda silly to move it now..it has a spolier..sorry.

Gavin is heart broken that we didn't bring him yesterday when Jon and I went to see it. I think with some prep and some creative not really answering the question we may be able to show him it. But I'm not sure if we'll bring him to a theater to do it. I forgot how loud it is in a theater and believe it or not we are thinking he'll not like the noise more than the things going on in the movie. Since they don't actually show the younglings getting killed I don't think 2 and 2 will go together and we'll just ignore it kind of thing. He's got a strong since of what is real and what is pretend when it comes to things on TV/movies.
    Right now we're starting to read him the children's adaptions of the books, the ones with the picutres. Starting with 4 then 5,6,1,2,3 because I think that's the way they should be. Luke in ESB finding out Vader is his father isn't the same when you know already;)

7. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Four time, headed out for five in a bit.

8. micdavis

micdavis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    4 times so far.

5 and 6 tonight.

Matt look for Brian, Jeremy and I at the 9:45 tonight.

If you're sitting at home doing nothing. Come to the movie.

6:30 as well.

9. vkyoshi

vkyoshi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2003

might catch it sunday or next weekend.

10. FLY_JEDI

FLY_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    We missed you at The Line, Paul!!!

11. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Only a parent knows what their children can handle. I know that Mitchell does not understand a lot of things and he will get bored with the talking parts of the movie. The image of Anakin burning is very graphic and some kids will definitely have nightmares at that - even Sean, my older son, said that he thought Mitchell shouldn't see it because of that.

Every child is different, but if you've ever had a kid with night terrors (screaming hysterically but they can't wake up) you would understand why it is better to be wary about this movie.

Again, even George Lucas said it wasn't intended for kids under 10 - and he's a father so he should know. I am, however, going to approach Mary Franklin (some time in the next month or so) about getting an edited version that kids under 10 would be able to watch. It would really only involve cutting about 3 scenes.

Hey, they did it with Saturday Night Fever back in the 70s.

12. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    5, 6, and 7. WAs going to go to the 9:45 showing (which would have been 8) but I was feeling kinda nauseous so I played it safe and went home.

Mara_Jade_Fan posted on 5/20/05 1:51pm
    thinking about the anniversary party at my house next week, exhausts me even more. LOL
    [hr][/blockquote]

Ohhh...um...when is that again? [face_worried]

13. JediNyt

JediNyt Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    Three.

14. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Well, today was supposed to be 2. Suitemates were all ready to go, then they all realized that they haven't seen 1 & 2. :p

But it's all right: we're going to watch 1 & 2 today, then we're all going to go on Monday.

A bit sad, sure, but at least I'll spare the people around me from my coughing. :)

15. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    1 - Midnight showing on 5/18/05
    2 - 9:00 showing on 5/19/05
    3 - 9:45 digital showing on 5/20/05
    4 - just now on my computer [face_devil]

16. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Twice thus far! I still need to see it in digital.

--MissPadme

17. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    jacemathem posted on 5/21/05 5:59pm
    1 - Midnight showing on 5/18/05
    2 - 9:00 showing on 5/19/05
    3 - 9:45 digital showing on 5/20/05
    4 - just now on my computer [face_devil]
    [hr][/blockquote]

The MPAA and LFL will be knocking on your door shortly. Paul Ens will unleash the hounds first thing Monday morning. Nice knowing you. [face_tongue]

18. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    I meant the words. "Revenge" "of" "the" "Sith".

Oh my! They're they are again! #5! :p

19. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    #2 today, will see it for the third time tomorrow.

20. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
  21. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
  22. redsith17

redsith17 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2005
    Number 2. Gotta play catch up

23. CaptPanakaBacca

CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    0! Can u believe it? I had family business more important than the movie this past week. This week though!! anyone seen it at any of the UltraStar theaters? If not it's Arclight Cinerama Dome on Tues.

24. IceManHG

IceManHG Jedi Master star 1

Feb 22, 2005
    Saw it the second time at 7:00pm at Regal 18 in El-Cajon with my parents. I saw my cousin there after not seeing him for 4 years. He was gojng to see Kicking and Screaming with his GF lol.

25. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Dune_Sea_Hermit Jedi Master star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Digital -- 3
    Film -- 0
    Bootleg -- 0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.