main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Keeping Faith (a Jag/Jaina fic) Ch. 31 UP!!!!! 2/14!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jagfellover, Aug 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Oh wow. I started reading this a long time ago, before I was a member. I found it the other night and was excited. I lost the link. I absolutly love this fic! I love Jaina's goddess behavior! I'd put all the parts I like, but well, I'd be here all day. :p Last thing I had read was my poor Jag was sick and Jaina was pregnant, then she healed him, Soontir found out, and I lost the link! The J/j moments are great! [face_love] I love Han's reaction. Thracken's punishment was amusing.

Excellent job! =D=

2. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    eagerly awaiting your continuation.

S.

3. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    HURRAY!!! I thought you'd never finish this! It's a miracle! :D

-Vicster

4. jagfellover

jagfellover Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2002
    Yay, I'm glad some people still want to read this. By the end of the week I'll have the first five chapters reposted, but I've been adding things in and editing what I had before. Some of the chapters have no change at all, while others will have huge new chunks. It'll be up by Saturady evening.

Toodles!

Oh and UP!

Danielle

5. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    *cheers* I'm looking forward to it.

6. jagfellover

Jul 28, 2002
    Okay, here's chapter 1-5 with the modified scenes. The battle scene is more elaborate and I've tried to cut out some of the duplicate text from chapter five, since I didin't really feel we needed Jaina, Kyp, and Jag's POV on every scene. Once I get some of my Anthropology work done, I'll post chapters 6-10 with modified scenes, including a new scene with Gavin Darklighter and a call to Merth Tresson's family. I hope you like it. Criticism is appreciated!

Danielle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Chapter One

Lieutenant Jaina Solo, Trickster Goddess, and Twins Suns Lead grinned as she flew in the sim with the rest of her squadron. Twin Suns was crushing the opposing squadron, the Rogues, quite easily. Seven members of the Rogues had already been killed and another was receiving a bashing from Twin Suns Five, Voort saBinring, Twins Suns own Gamorrean, nicknamed Piggy.

?Lead! Hard to Port!? yelled Twin Suns Three, Colonel Jag Fel, Jaina?s secret boyfriend. Trusting him, she jinked immediately to her left, and avoided the torpedo that Rogue Four had launched at her. Four shot past her before managing to turn around and attempt again to kill her.

?Thanks, Three. Alright Suns, we?ve only got three Rogues left. Let?s finish them off.? Jaina said after she had followed Rogue Four and blasted him away with the help of Jag and Twin Suns Two, Jedi Master Kyp Durron. Leaving two of the Rogues for her squadron mates, Jaina quickly branched off towards Rogue Lead, Colonel Gavin Darklighter, while Jag and Kyp fell in on her left and right flanks. Twisting into a barrel roll, the Colonel avoided a pair of shots from Jaina?s ion cannons before finishing his roll with both Jag and Kyp in front of him. Realizing he was trapped, the Colonel shot his torpedoes at Kyp, before juking hard to the right in the hopes that Jaina, who was right behind him, would crash into Jag. Instead, in a weird sort of aerial ballet, they both turned just before collision and then crisscrossed to come in on either of the colonel?s sides. Kyp, who had finally disposed of the torpedoes, came up behind the Colonel, and at the same instant all three of them fired, causing the Colonel?s ship to explode into a fiery ball.

Within two minutes, the rest of the Rogues had been killed off and the sim ended. Twin Suns had only lost one of its members during the fight, Twin Suns Eight, piloted by Merth Tresson, a young but promising Coruscanti born human. He had said prior to the sim that he was feeling slightly ill, but he had wanted the opportunity to wipe a few Rogues off the boards, so Jaina had let him fly. He had been killed about five minutes into the half an hour sim and Jaina wondered if she should have just sent him to the med station to begin with.

Jaina had noticed the tension lately between her own pilots and those of the other squadrons. Because she was playing the part of a Goddess, she got the best of everything, as did her pilots. This caused a lot of jealousy between her squadron and the Rogues, who had, for a long time, been the pet squadron of the military. So she had told Colonel Darklighter that there would be a sim between the Rogues and Twin Suns, and the Rogues would see who was best. And now they most certainly had. Jaina couldn?t help but feel a little smug that her squadron had beaten the Rogues, whose talent was legendary, and whom Jaina had been a member of only two years previously.

Jaina popped the top of her sim and climbed out. She saw Merth sitting on a bench, and he was smiling, though he looked quite sick. Grinning she walked over to him. Though she still had to act like a goddess, it was her responsibility as squadron leader to look after her pilots. As she walked over to him she could hear her squadron mates and the Rogues exchanging playful banter.

?Hey you okay kid?? she asked the eighteen year-old, putting her hand on his shoulder. His pale blonde hair looked matted and his normally rosy face looked pale and pasty. She wondered if he had food poisoni

7. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Jaina remembered this joke he had told to her, with Jag and Kyp nearby. ?So Jaina, how does a person know if a Jedi is a boy or a girl?? Merth had asked. Shrugging, Jaina had said, ?I don?t know, how do you?? ?Why you ask them to show you their lightsaber of course! Unless you?re Kyp, ?cause his is too tiny to tell the difference.? [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

=D=

8. jagfellover

Jul 28, 2002
    UP!

Thank you Fel's Goddess for being the only one who has read the new post! Yay, someone cares!

Danielle

9. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    I started reading this a long time ago, before I was a member on here, and lost the link. I found it last week was excited. I love this!

10. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    awww man... that was good... i really need to catch up on all these fics around here. I have been gone way too long...

Kyp wanting a kiss too houw cute!!!![face_laugh]

11. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    OMG nice to see you back jagfellover! It has been a LONNNG time!

Great job on the rewrite!

12. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Bumping up. :p

13. Arryn_Fel

Arryn_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2004
  14. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    *gives thread a kick up to page 1* :p