main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Keeping in contact.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by KOB, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    So do you keep in contact with the people you met at Celebration III?

I have tons of emails and quite a few people on instant messenger. This Memorial Day weekend was an extra special treat! BADKARMAJMC333, IEatPoodoo, -E-, and I spent the weekend together. OldjediMasterYoda had planned to fly in and join us, but couldn't at the last minute. :(

Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics of BADKARMAJMC333 getting strip-searched at the Arch for joking with a security guard about a bomb on his leg :eek:, but here are pictures we did take. (At least the ones we can show in public.... ;))

The crew's Memorial Day

(BTW, the dancing pics are to a song I wrote that they fell in love with.... :D)

2. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Other than this board, I have spoken to Zuckuss on the Eastern Rim board and thats about it. Have spoken to Nalini and her freind David via email but, sadly, no one else. Stupid me failed to write down email addresses.

3. SaberClaw

SaberClaw Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2004
    I have had troubles too. My wife and I met a local guy who was very kind, and I have spoke to him 2x via phone, but he doesn't seem to inspired to keep his end of the friendship. We also met Darth Gamma who is in CA and have exchanged emails with him. There was a Garrison trooper who wanted some of our pics, but after delivery have heard nothing. Kinda depressing really.

4. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    Hey Eddie, what about the phone call or my botched e-mail?

5. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Sorry, r2. You and I communicate via our board all the time so I didnt count that. But yeah, spoke with r2fu2 just last night. :) By the way, got a post card/letter from Barry Holland in the mail today. :)

6. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    Cool.

7. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Mikey (r2fu2) gets ahold of me every now and then.......

8. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Make sure he lets go!

9. IEatPoodoo

IEatPoodoo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    The Memorial Day weekend reunion in St. Louis was AWESOME!

Just being around them again was... intoxicating... plus, I drank a lot (as you can probably tell from the pictures).

So far, since C3, I've been fortunate enough to hang out with Skinnee, BADKARMA, E, and KOB! You guys already feel like family to me, and I'm sure we'll be seeing more of each other in the months and years to come (hopefully, you guys think that's a good thing as well) :p

Edits: Spelling after drinking is hard!

10. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Looks like a bloody good time was had by all. Jairen and I are just saving for C4 so we can see you all again.

11. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Looks like a bloody good time was had by all. Jairen and I are just saving for C4 so we can see you all again.

And if it IS at my house, now you know what to expect! ;)

Love you too, Poodoo!

12. Jedi9181

Jedi9181 Jedi Master star 1

May 2, 2005
    I met one couple at C3. They gave me there email but sadly I miss placed it. There also from Connecticut as I am. We were planning to one day go to some places in NY that he knew of to find sw items. I hope they read TF.N and see this.

Peace.

13. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Where's that damn flight booking service to St Louis?!?!

Party at KOB's!!!!

[rock_hand] LOL!

14. BADKARMAJMC333

BADKARMAJMC333 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2004
    Memorial Day weekend update. 2 days later and 10 pounds heavier.

Well I had a blast this weekend. So many stories to tell.

It would not be a C3 reuion with out meeting celebities. So me and IEatPoodoo were on are way too St. louis on Friday and we found out that Jeromey Bulloch, Daniel Logan and Amy Allen were at a local movie theater signing autographs. So we went to check that out. As we walk in we see a bar in the theater and our jaws drop. We were like how cool is that. Then we went to meet the C3 celebs, and surprizing enuff they remembered us. Got some good pics with them, now how cool was that.

Then we got on the road, stopped off at a hooters along the way. Got a pic with all the lovely ladies that worked there.

Finally got to -E- house. Crashed out that night.
    Met up with KOB the next day all four had a cook out at -E- house. And of corse I was the grill master (pats myself on the back for that). After eating we to this place called City Museum. This place is hard discribed, its like a Mcdonalds playland on acid. If your ever in town you got to check it out.
    www.citymuseum.org

Partied till we'd passed out at KOB house. Sunday we went to the Arch of St.louis. That was a fun expirence for the fact that I got allmost arested for making a bomb comment. YEAH, that was real smart of me! LOL! So after all that drama we went to eat then went to see ROTS on a mega movie screen. And if things could not get any better, they served beer at the movie theater. Now how great is that!

Then we'd picked up another member St.Louis FF and went back to party some more all night again. And I'll tell you what! It could not get any better than getting drunk and playing SW Trivia Pursuit. What a bunch geeks we were, we got all the question's right. LOL!

Sunday we got up. Had a little BBQ cook out at KOB place. And I must say the best damn BBQ suace I ever tasted. I liked so much I had a empty bottle of Crown Royal filled with it. LOL!

Well after all the fun we had, we had to say are good bye's finally. So me and IEatPoodoo hit the road and headed on home. But I'll tell you this, I wiil be back in St.Louis soon becuase there is a couple of places I still havent seen yet. And to party with everyone again.

And hopfully we get everyone else to come out!
    [image=http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/badkarmajmc/Star%20Wars%20Celebration%203%204-21-2005/54.jpg]

Oldjedimasteryoda, Mr.Skinnee, Jarin, Veritasuk, Gimmby The Hutt, Tri Polar and who ever I forget. We miss you . You must come and see us soon.

Too Good Times and Great Memories!

P.S.
    BO-BEEP!

15. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Like I said: You guys are welcome anytime! I had a BLAST. And the Trivial Pursuit board is still out ;). (Wait.... so are most of the "empties". :p I should clean...)

EDIT: (When I say "You guys", I mean the whole crew of course, not just Josh and Dave. ;))

See you soon!

BO-BEEEEEEEP!!!!

16. titania7

titania7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    Yeah, okay, thanks Ken for letting Patrick and me know that you were having a big ole hootinanny! After I hugged the big red, um, chicken for you and everything!

:D

17. Bruno_Fett

Mar 31, 2002
    You sure it wasnt a rooster?

18. titania7

titania7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    ...biggest darn rooster you ever did see....

19. Bruno_Fett

Mar 31, 2002
    Cock-A-Doodle-Doo

20. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I've kept in contact with a good portion of the people I've met there. Considering they are gamers like I and we game together like so. Then there is one or two that I send text messeges and phone calls to. uber-cool.

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    2/3am phone calls are the greatest aren't they? :D

Reminds me, I need to bug Grimby, haven't heard from him in ages.

23. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    OK. Looks like the next big "Party at KOB's" is around the 4th of July....... start planning! ;)

24. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Synchronize watches.....and, *mark*!

25. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Sexy lady on the board, repeat sexy lady on the board.

How you doin -E-? ;) :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.