main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Keeping it PG, and the Star Wars Rule

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Obey Wann, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Greedo

Darth_Greedo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2002
    I think we just need to watch ourselves and what we say and move on. This is just a dead horse and we keep on kicking so let's have fun!!!

2. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    If Jenny is a Star Wars fan with a crush on Ewan who lives in Phoenix...

there's a guy named ewan who lives in phoenix? where?!?! ;)

i don't have much to add to this thread guys, sorry, because i don't really post nearly enough to be *guilty* of crossing many lines (at least as far as i can remember [face_laugh] ). but i hang out at some non-SW boards where the whole fun of it is to get *really* out of hand, so i know how frustrating it is when you want to be able to have a potty mouth/mind and can't do anything about it.

anyway that's a bad way of saying it but i understand both sides: 1) wanting to cross the line and 2) the fact that because this is a public place that line should *not* be crossed.

i can understand the uncertainty of giving us another board to run rampant on because it might draw people away from this board, but if it gets out of hand or people are confident they could post an equal amount on both boards, i think it's the way to go.

so anyway, should anyone decide on making an "everything goes" board, proboards is 100% free and very customizable. i've used them in the past with no problems at all.

((if that counts as advertising or something, go ahead and PM me and i can edit it out)) :)

3. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    actually, i think we decided at the meeting to just use IM's and IRC chat for conversations that don't belong on the boards instead of crating a whole new board...

4. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I understand the frustration that some of you may feel about the morality that the owners of this site ask the mods to keep up. But guess what: It's not going to change. So get used to it, or don't use the boards for that stuff. It's that simple. People have argued for changes like that for years, and it has not changed. The owners have stuck to their principles, and it's their site, so they can choose how it's run.

I want to thank the folks who have talked with me responsibly, both for and against this. It's not easy to be both a moderator and a normal poster, but sometimes I do have to put on the moderating hat, and that won't always make everyone happy. Oh well. [face_plain] Can't please them all. ;) It's not a polularity contest. :/ Also, I will not divulge who has had problems with the boards getting out of hand. I do not need to, and I will not.

If this happens in the future, the CR will no doubt do a better job of guiding conversations back onto the right track, and I fully trust that the new RSA will as well, as needed.

This issue was discussed in full at the meeting, and it was agreed that if anyone wants to talk without the contraints of this site, that they would use Trillon, or other IM type of software.

IMHO, this is now closed.

You can now go back to your regularly scheduled programming. :D Enjoy. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.