main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Keeping the Forum Active

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by EighteenDelta, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EighteenDelta

EighteenDelta Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2007
    What kinds of activities can we do, other than the planned meetings, prop/sotume party, and the planned fan film, to keep this group more active? I would like to hear some ideas, I know Rob would probably like to see some ideas too. How often do you each check the boards? or make an attempt to post? The weather is improving finally, should we try to have some more group gatherings? I just don't want to see this group go the way of the others from our area, they litter the 'innactive forums' thread. I know the group is fairly new and just starting, what would keep more of you active every day and involved?

-x

2. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Well, considering this new board has provided a lot more activity than either of its predecessors, I think we are doing pretty good. As we discussed at the first meeting, our main focus is to have one meeting/activity per month, we all have every hope that we can have more as more people join the group.

The start up of the group created a flurry of activity on the board and the idea of the fanfilm and that it is actually a working possibility has kept it going.

We are all very busy people, and I think if folks come on and post a few times a week, we are in good shape.

3. EighteenDelta

EighteenDelta Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2007
    I can understand that we are all very busy people, I would just like to avoid continuing the tradition of innactive groups. I am not intending any of it as a negative. I just would really like to see this group flourish. When we start shooting the fan film that will require some help and I would like to focus as much of the effort and eventual credit on this group. It takes more than just a good director or good writer or good actor to make a good story and to show it. In the end though I want the members to be proud of what they did.

-x

4. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    First baseball game of the season tonight, and then Monday is opening day. Woo Hooo.
    Then just four short weeks until the NFL draft. Ah, I love April.

5. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Unfortunately, that means there's no real sports until pre-season football in August... :p

6. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    There's always socce.. Oh yeah, I'm the only one that likes that sport.. :oops:

Chris,

I agree, I think that Dave & I would love this Group to evolve into something more than an inactive group that simply posts on Threads & meets once in a blue moon. I think that given the history that both Dave & I are coming from, we are hesitant to 'blowing the trumpets' until we get some consistency with monthly meetings.

As we get consistent with meeting once a month, we will also get to know each other better & start to find ways & reasons to meet up, outside the monthly meeting. I believe it will be a natural progression, I really do.

Even if we can't all get out all of the time, I'm sure we will be able to get together for different things & events. I also love the idea of the Fanfilm & I am very happy that this group will be involved with creating it. I think all in all, we are heading in a great direction!

P.S. Reading Phillies Games are getting set to start. Nice park, good food, & inexpensive beer! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.