main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Keeping things going

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Pugglethelesser, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    Seeing as how Rob(Jedi Soccer Dad) and I have seen this group become active and fizzle twice in the last three years.
    Just a public service announcement.
    This is a fan group, it's supposed to be fun, don't take it as anything more than that. We all have lives and jobs, or school, some of us have both.
    However, even if you jump on the board and respond to one topic every few days. It keeps the board active and it encourages others to do the same. Topics do not have to be Star Wars related. Although I'm not really interested in a rant about how you can't stand your room-mate/mother-in-law/neighbor/professor......lol
    What I'm getting at is, keep the conversation going. Trust me, there is nothing more discouraging than being the only one who's posting.

2. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Ok, I just wanted to take this time and talk about how I CAN'T STAND my room-mate, mother-in-law, neighbor, & professor!!! :D

Actually, I figure we could continue this Thread as a 'unrelated star wars comment' Thread [face_peace]

Stacy speaks the truth. We've actually saw this group hit great highs, only to crash & burn. As you get to know me, you'll know I like to keep it simple. My life is extremely busy. Work, school, coaching, and two kids. This means I have no control over my life.. [face_frustrated]

Then again, it's a great relaxing moment when I can jump on the boards, or talk for a few hours in a chat, or even better, get together for a drink and great conversation!

Ok.. enough.. getting off the soapbox..

Hmmmm, what to rant about...

I got it.. Anyone using Facebook? It is totally addicting.. Why do I use it..? I really have no idea.. But I find myself talking more to friends via Facebook than I do in person.. Question: Has society finally replaced the need physical contact with artificial..? (cell phones, facebook, myspace, webcams, AIM, etc..) I know we have been using these things for a while, but now it seems instead of meeting ppl, we instead call or get on the computer to 'meet'. [face_thinking]

3. -Yun-Harla-

-Yun-Harla- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    Yes, I use Facebook. My URL is http://www.facebook.com/galabrand so add me if you wish but please DO PM me before hand and lemme know who you are, mkay?

And I'd LOVE to take part in get-togethers and all that but as I said... I'm abroad till September 2nd or 4th so y'all might have to wait a bit!

4. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, FB is very addicting. I hear what your saying, Rob, about the 'artificial' contact, and usually don't use FB to keep in touch with my local friends. We're a pretty social bunch anyway, so we're always getting together, which is nice. FB is great though for keeping in touch with my friends across the country. My one best friend is even in Alaska!! So, it's nice to be able to know what's going on with him and vice-versa.

Text messgaing does drive me crazy though. It bothers me that people use it to have whole conversations. I usually only use it to find out if someone is available to talk, or if I know that they're busy and may not have time for a whole phone conversation at one time. Plus, people have no sense of ettiquete either. I'll be out with a friend for dinner, and the whole time they're texting other people while talking with me. It's just rude in my opinion. Are we so addicted and reliant on our electronic devices that we can't even have a face-to-face conversation without them? [face_thinking]

~Celeste

5. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Through some prompting from my wife. I set up a Facebook account 9 months ago. I think I've logged on three times. I did hear from a few people I had not heard from in years. But, all in all. I'm not sure why I set it up.......lol

I have a simple phone, no Blackberry, no web access on my phone.

What's so great about Twitter ? What would make me so interesting that others just HAD to know what I was up to ?
    Stacy is at Wal-Mart buying a belt for his lawn tractor.....I made chicken and baked beans, and the kids loved it..Mmmmmmmm.
    I'm sorry. Why the hell should others find that compelling ?

As for texting. I'm kind of in the same boat. I use texting for short little snippets of info, if someone is too busy for a conversation. Although I'm not into long phone conversations either. 15 minutes is all you get.......lol

I just prefer face to face.

6. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Ok.. here is a Facebook question...

Has anyone been found/asked to be a friend on Facebook from an old schoolmate or old friend, who you don't 'particularly' have fond memories of?

Has this just happened to me? :oops:

7. -Yun-Harla-

May 2, 2006
    Yup. Happened a few times over.

I've also stumbled across ppl I knew YEARS ago and suddenly they're trying to flirt with me. UGH. Ha ha.

8. -Yun-Harla-

May 2, 2006
    Great, I have to double post as apparently I cannot edit entries here. FAIL.

Do you guys think we should have a Reading, PA FanForce group on Facebook?

It'll be much easier to send out event invites and messages to all of us at once that way. :) I think it's a good idea.

9. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I think its a great idea!

10. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    That does sound like a fantastic idea! We may even gain members we wouldn't have because they don't come to tf.net but are on Facebook. Let me know if the group gets posted and I'll join! :D

~Celeste

11. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I would still like to talk about a Facebook Group. Lets try to discuss it at the meeting next Friday.. (hint hint).. ;)

12. -Yun-Harla-

May 2, 2006
    I tried to figure out how to make a new group, but I couldn't. Ugh! Sorry about that... FAIL on my part.

If somebody else starts up the group I'd definitely join in.

13. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I can do it. I have one for my soccer team. I'll work on it this weekend. Gala, I will look for you on Facebook. Stacy did you say you had one as well?

14. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Ok, I got Gala & Marcelle. Stacy where are you, lol

15. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    I will log on and clean the cobwebs off of my facebook account.......lol

16. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I will PM you my link, Stacy :)

17. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    My wife and I are taking the kiddies to the Smithsonian this Saturday. We'll probably hit the Air and Space museum and the hanger....That's where they currently have the SR-71. Anyone else been to the museum ? If so, any suggestions ?

18. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Nope, but that sounds pretty cool :cool: Let me know how it is.. Might have to take my son :)

19. Lord_Lahmien

Lord_Lahmien Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2008
    Hello, again everyone. I just wanted to drop a line, I had my first child on 9/19 thus my sudden disappearance soon after introducing myself to the group. Here 1 month later I am finally getting back to form of normal sleeping hours and activity. Talk to you guys soon.

20. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Congrats, Lahmien!! That's really exciting! I hope the little one is doing well! :)

~Celeste

21. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Yeah, sleep is one of those luxury things once you have children. Thank God for coffee......lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.