main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kel Dor/Plo Koon help

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by JediKianKoon, Jun 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKianKoon

JediKianKoon Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2003
    Hello everyone,
    I'm John and i am currently writing a fan fiction of star wars with the main character being a decedent of Plo Koon in the time Luke Skywalker sets up the Academy on Yavin. Any information on Kel Dors, which is Plo Koons species, and Plo Koon would be very helpful.

2. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
  3. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    JediKianKoon: Welcome to the boards, mate! :D :cool:

I'm Ken Kenobi. If you ever have any questions, or just want to chat, don't hesistate to shoot me a Private Message. ;)

Additonally, you might want to check out the Welcome New Users forum, as the folks over there will shower you with warm welcomes, and can also help with any questions you may have. :)

Also, I'm sure the folks over at the Fan Fiction: Beyond the Saga Forum would be delighted to see your story. ;)

In response to your question, here is some information on Kel Dors, as well as a brief overview of Plo Koon's history:

Plo Koon, Jedi Master, was one of the last members of the Jedi Council. As a padawan, Plo Koon was trained by the Wookiee Tyvokka, until his death during the Stark Hyperspace Wars. A Kel Dor descended from a long line of Jedi Knights, Plo Koon was a close friend of Qui-Gon Jinn. He hoped that the human Jedi Master would someday sit on the Council, but recognized that his friend was much too headstrong to adjust to the Council's rigors. Being a Kel Dor, with enlarged external sensory organs, Plo Koon's grasp and control of the Force was incredible, and he was known among the Council for his warrior skills. Plo Koon was noted for his efforts in rallying the forces of the Old Republic after Master Tyvokka was killed during the Fifth Battle of Qotile. Years later, he was present when Anakin Skywalker was first presented to the Council, and was one of the Jedi Masters who were dispatched to Geonosis to combat the Separatists during the opening stages of the Clone Wars.

As far as Kel Dors go...

A formidable race of humanoids from the planet Dorin, they have enlarged, external sensory organs which allow them to interpret basic external stimuli as well as extrasensory input. They evolved breathing the unusual mixture of gases in Dorin's atmosphere, and cannot survive on oxygen-rich planets. Thus, those Kel Dor who traveled to other worlds must wear a sophisticated pair of goggles and an anti-oxygen mask whenever they are off-world. As a people, the Kel Dor were known for their compassion and kind-heartedness, but also for the swift justice they meted out whenever necessary. It was believed that those individuals with silver irises to their eyes were very sensitive to the Force, but there has not been any definitive relationship identified. Their language is also known as "Kel Dor".

I hope that helps, mate, and if you need any further assistance in your Fan Fiction, you ought to use the Writer's Resource Forum. ;) :)

In any event, have a good day, and may the Force be with you. :cool:

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.