main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Kelia's drabble Thread...Completed...Week 20 up 2/25/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KELIA, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Title: Kelia's drabble Thread
    Author: Kelia
    Characters: Anakin, Obi-Wan and whom ever else the muse conjures up :D
    Genre: - will vary as well as the time frame. In the first 4 drabbles, Anakin is 10 and since I'm in a mushy, girly mood, that's what this first set will be. :)
    A/N: - this is my response to Ultimate Drabble Challenge. I didn't quite make it to the finish last time but I'm feeling lucky this time around! The only thing to note is that I will be at least a week behind with my responses. Hey, I've got to stand out somehow! :p

Smooth

Anakin held up the miniature Jedi robe, his eyes filled with astonishment.

?You mean it?s really mine?? he breathed cautiously. ?To keep??

?Of course,? Obi-Wan confirmed with a soft chuckle. ?Every padawan needs their own robe and this one was custom made just for you.?

?Wizard.? Anakin ran his fingers over the smooth, tawny fabric in wonderment. He never dreamed he would ever own such a fine garment.

Obi-Wan?s smile broadened as he watched Anakin slide his arms into the sleeves, taking painstaking care to arrange the robe over his tiny frame.

?I?m a real Jedi now,? he whispered proudly.

Rough

Anakin arranged his robe into a neat bundle over the Naboo sand before settling down, his legs tucked underneath him. He hated sand. Nine years on Tatooine taught him the blasted stuff was bound to get everywhere no matter what precautions one took.

He could feel rough grains working their way under his tunic, after only a minute on the beach! He would never understand how Obi-Wan could think this was the perfect way to spend their day off.

Sighing, he glanced up to see Obi-Wan approaching with Queen Amidala herself! Maybe the day wouldn?t be so bad after all.

Dry

Anakin raised the hood of his robe, shielding his face from the lava ashes that clouded Mustafar?s atmosphere. The dry, humid air made breathing a chore as he helped Obi-Wan unload the supplies for the lava miners.

?How could anyone bear to live here,? he grimaced, following Obi-Wan to the installation.

He gasped at the sight of the two Mustafarians who came to greet them, their shriveled leathery skin looking as if it would split apart any second.

?Nice to meet you,? he mumbled, averting his eyes as he handed over the supplies. ?I?m never coming here again,? he vowed.

Wrinkled

?It?s ruined!? Anakin cried lifting his wrinkled robe from the heap of clothing he had washed the day before and forgotten to dry.

?It?s not ruined,? Obi-Wan reassured the devastated boy.

Anakin looked up at him hopefully. ?You can fix it??

?No,? Obi-Wan shook his head, trying not to laugh at Anakin?s panicked expression.

?You can,? he continued leading Anakin into the sitting room. Removing the steam press from it?s drawer, he carefully set it up.

?I?ll show you how to make your robe and,? he glanced pointedly at the remaining pile of clothes, ?everything else as good as new.?

Weathered

?Luke, I have a gift for you.? Anakin handed his weathered robe to his ten-year old son.

Luke?s eyes lit up with excitement as he gently took the robe from Anakin. ?You mean it?s really mine?? he breathed in astonishment. ?To keep??

?It?s yours,? Anakin chuckled.

?Wizard.?

Anakin?s heart swelled with pride as Luke slipped into the robe, carefully smoothing out each wrinkle. He wasn?t surprised Luke was chosen to be Kit Fisto?s padawan at such a young age, though part of him wished Fisto would have waited a couple more years.

?I?m a real Jedi now,? Luke whispered proudly.

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Weathered

?Luke, I have a gift for you.? Anakin handed his weathered robe to his ten-year old son.

Luke?s eyes lit up with excitement as he gently took the robe from Anakin. ?You mean it?s really mine?? he breathed in astonishment. ?To keep??

?Wizard.?

Anakin?s heart swelled with pride as Luke slipped into the robe, carefully smoothing out each wrinkle. He wasn?t surprised Luke was chosen to be Kit Fisto?s padawan at such a young age, though part of him wished Fisto would have waited a couple more years.

Ah, if only! :_|

Lovely, as always! =D=

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    nice twist on the Saga

loved them

4. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I loved how you tied Smooth and Weathered together.

And the entry for Rough was awesome. I can't get enough 'sand' jokes. :p

5. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Weathered

?Wizard.?

Like father, like son :D

So what of Leia? and please write more of this AU

6. QueenSith

QueenSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2005
    Smooth and Weathered were wonderful, Kel.

I loved Anakin and Luke's enthusiasm. So adorable.

I hope you'll continue along this AU path

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I love how you connected Smooth and Weathered with father and son donning the jedi robes for the first time. [face_love]

8. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    *sniff* Awwww, that last one really got to me. :_|
    I enjoyed them all, but that one was probably my favorite. [face_love]
    Beautiful job!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

9. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    Great work, Kel. Really lovely stuff with the father/son thing in the first and last post.

10. Anakins_Kiss

Anakins_Kiss Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 26, 2006
    I really like this drabble, K. I never considered doing one. Maybe when I am finished with my projects I'll do one. thanks for the inspiration (again). Great work. There is another installment coming right? if so, you know what to do.[face_batting]

11. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Wonderful set, Kelia. I liked 'smooth' the best, but Anakin's anxiety over his 'wrinkled' robe was a close second.

I also liked how you brought it full circle with the AU 'weathered'.

12. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    It' been very interesting to see how everyone interprets the themes. This was a great set to read. Keep it up.

13. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    VaderLVR64 ? Ah, if only!

I agree :_| :_|

But that is the beauty of Fanfic, here it is :)

earlybird-obi-wan ? nice twist on the Saga

Thank you. I live for AU :D

BigE ? the entry for Rough was awesome. I can't get enough 'sand' jokes.

Me either! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I?m glad you enjoyed them.

SilSolo ? Like father, like son. So what of Leia?

I agree, Luke is so much like his father [face_love] [face_love]

Leia will be appearing as the muse decrees :)

QueenSith ? I loved Anakin and Luke's enthusiasm. So adorable.

Thank you. They are irresistible, aren?t they? [face_love] [face_love]

Alexis_Wingstar ? I love how you connected Smooth and Weathered with father and son donning the jedi robes for the first time.

Thank you. I was going for a unique connection :D

dancing_star ? *sniff* Awwww, that last one really got to me.

Thank you [:D] I love AU?s where Anakin gets to be a father

Klimt_of_Tornesdal ? Really lovely stuff with the father/son thing in the first and last post.

Thank you. I?m glad you enjoyed them [face_blush] [face_blush]

Anakins_kiss ? Great work. There is another installment coming right?

But of course! :) Thank you, and I?m glad you enjoyed them.

Never considered writing the drabbles? :eek: :eek:

I hope you do sometime. They are a challenge, but great fun.

brodeiw ? I also liked how you brought it full circle with the AU 'weathered'

Thank you so much. I?m glad you enjoyed them [face_blush] [face_blush]

BigFatty ? It' been very interesting to see how everyone interprets the themes

Thanks, I try to ?think outside the box??when the muse allows :D

14. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Jedi

?Daddy, I?m going to be the best Jedi ever,? Luke proudly announced. ?Just like you.?

Anakin smiled wistfully at his ten-year old son. With his shoulders proudly squared, Luke stood before him in full Jedi regalia for the first time, his padawan braid barely reaching his shoulder.

Anakin knew he was unworthy of the ?best Jedi ever? title or Luke?s worship, something his son would learn soon enough.

?You?ll be a better Jedi than I could ever hope to be,? he replied, silently vowing to do whatever he could to make sure Luke was never lead astray, as he was.

Sith

?Anakin, with my help, you could be the most powerful Jedi ever.? Palpatine?s voice oozed with confidence.

Anakin felt the familiar pull, urging him to toss aside everything he?d been taught and everyone he loved.

?Yes,? Palpatine cooed, sensing imminent victory. ?Give in to your feelings. Let the power of the darkside fill your every desire.?

Anakin closed his eyes, pushing away all emotion, crying out to the Force for the help to do what he knew he must do.

?I will never join you,? he replied, a wave of calming strength washing over him as he ignited his lightsaber.

Soldier

?I?m going to be the best soldier ever created.?

Anakin winced at the over confident clone, who had yet to experience the reality of war. What good could possibly be accomplished from so much death and destruction?

There was a time when he shared the clone?s enthusiastic desire to march onto the battlefield, striking down anyone or anything in his path. But reality had taught him, as it would this clone, he would forever bear the scars of what he would see and do. And those scars, at times, would be unbearable.

?If he survives at all,? Anakin thought sadly.

Civilian

Anakin awoke grimacing, every part of his body aching.

?You will be all right,? a gentle voice assured him.

?Master?? He tried to rise, only to fall back down.

?Your traveling companion will recover as well.?

?Who are you?? Anakin asked, his eyes sliding closed.

?I am no one special,? she replied softly. ?Though, it was my field your ship crashed in and where your Republic friends will rescue you, soon.?

?You are in Separatist territory,? she added.

?Why are you helping us?? he asked knowing the danger she would be in if discovered.

?Because I can,? she replied simply.

Politician

?Daddy, who?s the best politician ever??

Anakin looked up at his daughter in surprise, biting back his usual flippant answer.

?Why?

?We?re starting to study galactic politics,? Leia explained. ?I have to write about the best politician and Master Erith says you know everybody in the Senate.?

?She won?t let me use mom,? Leia added, her shoulders slumping.

?Then you can?t complete the assignment.?

?Really?? Leia?s brown eyes lit up with excitement.

?Unfortunately no,? Anakin laughed, tweaking her chin.

?Dad!?

?I?ll help you pick someone else,? he offered, ?Over a choclime twist at Dex?s.?

?Thanks daddy,? Leia beamed, hugging him.

15. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great to see Anakin with his children and not having turned to the Dark side

Great update=D=

16. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Awwwww, Jedi and Politician were so adorably sweet!! [face_love]
    ?Over a choclime twist at Dex?s.? Mmmm, sounds pretty good! :D
    These were all fabulous, but those two have to be my favorite!
    Wonderful job!
    =D= =D==D==D=

17. SerenityTam

SerenityTam Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2007
    Very cool. You have inspired me to try the drabble challenge.

Thank you.

18. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    So Leia's training to be a Jedi as well under a master named Erith. and doing homework that would bore me to death lol

19. QueenSith

QueenSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2005
    I just loved politician!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Anakin is so adorable with his children.

=D= =D= =D=

20. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan ? great to see Anakin with his children and not having turned to the Dark side

Thank you. Those are my favorite kinds of stories to write [face_love] [face_love]

dancing-star ? Awwwww, Jedi and Politician were so adorably sweet!!

Thank you, those were my fav?s as well.

?Over a choclime twist at Dex?s.? Mmmm, sounds pretty good!

Doesn?t it though? =P~ =P~ =P~

SerenityTom ? Very cool. You have inspired me to try the drabble challenge.

Thank you so much [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

Good luck with your drabbles. You?re off to a great start.

SilSolo ? So Leia's training to be a Jedi as well under a master named Erith.

Yep.

and doing homework that would bore me to death lol

Me too!! :p

QueenSith ? Anakin is so adorable with his children.

I agree [face_love] [face_love]

Glad you enjoyed them.

21. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Mother

?Happy life day mommy.? Padmé looked down at the tray covered with unrecognizable mounds of slimy goo and tried not to grimace.

?We made it ourselves.? Luke and Leia beamed proudly.

?Thank you,? Padmé smiled, kissing them. ?Gorak eggs?? she guessed, poking at the largest lump.

?Taste it,? Leia nodded.

Padmé lifted a forkful of eggs to her mouth, exchanging a glance with Anakin.

?Why don?t we get dressed while mommy eats,? he suggested, leading the twins from the room.

Sighing with relief, Padmé handed the tray to 3PO, thankful Luke and Leia would never know their creation wasn?t eaten.

Father

?Happy life day daddy!? Luke and Leia shouted, spilling into their parent?s bedroom and jumping on a still sleeping Anakin.

?You didn?t make daddy a special breakfast?? Padmé asked as Anakin groaned, struggling to sit up under the weight of his children.

?Nope,? Leia giggled, shaking her head.

?Daddy promised us cloudberry tarts at Dex?s,? Luke added.

?I see,? Padmé replied, giving Anakin a pointed look.

?Well,? he shrugged, hugging the twins to him and planting kisses on their foreheads. ?I didn?t think they could top the concoction they made for you.?

?And I really didn?t want them to try.?

Sister

?Happy life day, Leia. I?m sorry you?re sick.? Luke perched on the side of Leia?s bed gazing sympathetically down at her.

?Go away, bantha brain,? Leia groaned, turning to face the wall.

?I brought you something,? Luke continued, nudging her shoulder.

?What?? Leia peered at him cautiously.

?This,? Luke grinned producing a small glass of fruit frizz.

?Mom said I can only have juice,? Leia moaned, looking away.

?She doesn?t have to know,? Luke replied holding the treat to her lips.

?Thank you,? Leia breathed after taking a few grateful sips. ?You know little brother, sometimes you?re not so bad.?

Brother

Happy life day, Luke.? Leia quickened her pace to catch up to him. ?Good luck on the flying exam.?

?Luke?? she asked a moment later when he didn?t reply.

?Hmmm?? Luke blinked in confusion, noticing her for the first time. ?Sorry,? he grinned sheepishly.

?You?ll be fine,? Leia laughed, patting his shoulder. ?You?ll probably even break dad?s record.?

?What if I fail?? Luke groaned, his shoulders slumping. ?I?m Anakin Skywalker?s son. What if I don?t even pass??

?You will,? Leia assured him, with a quick hug. ?You?re a great pilot, little brother,? she whispered. ?you won?t have any trouble passing.

Friend

?Happy life day Obi-Wan!? Obi-Wan jumped with surprise as the lights to his quarters flashed on revealing the grinning faces of the Skywalkers.

?Did you think we forgot?? Anakin teased, embracing him.

?No,? Obi-Wan murmured. ?But we just celebrated with the Order.?

?That was to ensure the surprise,? Padmé laughed, giving him a quick hug and kiss.

?We didn?t scare you, did we?? Leia asked, wrapping her arms around him.

?No,? Obi-Wan assured her gently.

?That?s good,? Luke replied. ?Dad says we have to be really careful how we surprise someone your age.?

?I appreciate your concern.? Obi-Wan quipped dryly.

22. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Awww, these were FAB!! [face_love] I loved them all!

?Taste it,? Leia nodded.
    Padmé lifted a forkful of eggs to her mouth, exchanging a glance with Anakin.
    ?Why don?t we get dressed while mommy eats,? he suggested, leading the twins from the room.

[face_laugh]

?Daddy promised us cloudberry tarts at Dex?s,? Luke added.
    ?I see,? Padmé replied, giving Anakin a pointed look.
    ?Well,? he shrugged, hugging the twins to him and planting kisses on their foreheads. ?I didn?t think they could top the concoction they made for you.?
    "And I really didn?t want them to try.? [/i]
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

?This,? Luke grinned producing a small glass of fruit frizz.
    ?Mom said I can only have juice,? Leia moaned, looking away.
    ?She doesn?t have to know,? Luke replied holding the treat to her lips.
    ?Thank you,? Leia breathed after taking a few grateful sips. ?You know little brother, sometimes you?re not so bad.?

Awwww, what a sweet Luke!! [face_love][face_love]

These were all so adorable, KELIA. I'd better stop quoting before I quote them all. :p

Marvelous!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

EDIT: I forgot to ask before, but can I pretty please be on the pm list?[face_batting]

23. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh so good! But I missed a week. Can you PM me when you update so that doesn't happen again? Please? [face_praying]

Friend

?Happy life day Obi-Wan!? Obi-Wan jumped with surprise as the lights to his quarters flashed on revealing the grinning faces of the Skywalkers.

?Did you think we forgot?? Anakin teased, embracing him.

?No,? Obi-Wan murmured. ?But we just celebrated with the Order.?

?That was to ensure the surprise,? Padmé laughed, giving him a quick hug and kiss.

?That?s good,? Luke replied. ?Dad says we have to be really careful how we surprise someone your age.?

Wonderful! =D=

24. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Sorry I missed week 2, but it was great! I can't pick any favorites.

For week 3, Mother made me smile. Father, when combined w/ Mother made me laugh out loud. Sister was sweet, as was brother. I think Friend was my favorite. :D

[face_laugh]

25. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Politician was very sweet. :)

The Week 3 collection: an interesting group of AU, all with Happy Life Day! :D
    They were also very sweet ? a nice glimpse into what could have been.

The last lines of Friend were a nice touch:

[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.