1. A Warning For Everyone To See:

PT vs. OT vs. ST vs. Anthology (in any combination) debates are not allowed in the New Movies forums. Discussions that descend into OT/PT/ST/Anthology bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Consider this your warning.

Official Info Kelly Marie Tran (Rose Tico) in Episode VIII

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi & IX - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Drewton Jedi Master

star 4
    That hair style is way better for her than the one in the movie.
    afrojedi, JediAce1 and Avnar like this.
  2. Avnar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Absolutely it's my thing. I don't know - Maybe it's the hair...she just looks annoying :cool: Let's wait and see!
  3. JediAce1 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I agree about the hair. It's certainly an.....odd choice they chose to go with.
    Avnar likes this.
  4. zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight

star 3
    She hates the First Order, until the end when you find out she is working for them.
    Last edited by zam wesell2005, Sep 2, 2017
  5. ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost

star 5
    Marketing the first Asian lead actress in a Star Wars as a hero (when she's actually a villain) will make any complaints about marketing Finn using the saber (which he at least does) seem like a minor internet quarrel.
  6. zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Being the middle movie with this writer, somebody is, very likely, not to be what they seem. She seems so innocent and so good and she hates the First Order. From what we know it would actually be surprising. Unlike say Del Toro, who you figure will be all over the place.
  7. MagnarTheGreat Jedi Master

star 4
    She could also hate the FO because they're extorting her, or she could betray the Resistance to save Finn's life.

There's more interesting possibilities than Rose being Finn's Chewbacca (with a Kashyyyk like backstory) and #1 fangirl and cheerleader which is what they want us to think that's all that it is. How accurate was what they wanted us to think before TFA came out in December 2015? Not very in many instances.
    Last edited by MagnarTheGreat, Sep 2, 2017
  8. Troopa212 Jedi Knight

star 2
    You know I don't want a romance between her and Finn either but the first part of this comment is just...wow. Not a good wow either.
    Last edited by Pro Scoundrel, Sep 3, 2017
    IncessantRamblings likes this.
  9. ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost

star 5
    She doesn't have to be a traitor to be interesting. One reason they might be making Rose a fangirl is so she can end up losing her preconceived hero worship of Finn and view him as a real person.
  10. JediAce1 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    DJ is being MARKETED as a shady character with no allegiances to either side, so it would be no surprise if he aligned with the FO. Which is why I don't think it will happen.

I actually have more suspicions about Holdo. Keep your eye on her.

[IMG]
    Last edited by JediAce1, Sep 2, 2017
    Mostly Handless and cerealbox like this.
  11. zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Holdo and Leia are going to have disagreements. The reason I thought this character b/c it seemed not obvious.
  12. Eugene3 Jedi Knight

star 4
    I don't think Rose will betray them, I also think that maybe is Holdo who will betray them, she is supposed to be Vice Admiral but how did she get to that rank? For me she looks like someone from the New Republic, maybe she was from the faction opposed to Leia...(not Rian helped with Bloodline?)
  13. MagnarTheGreat Jedi Master

star 4
    They've been presenting Holdo and DJ as shifty or conflict characters, while they're pushing Rose as just a great great person.

Leia novel (open)
    Holdo and Leia met when Leia was 16 years old and Holdo's character is part of the novel's story.
    She's introduced as a bit of a weirdo from Gatalenta.
    Last edited by MagnarTheGreat, Sep 2, 2017
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  14. JediAce1 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It also makes you wonder how the FO found out the location of the secret Resistance base on Crait?

I think Holdo is a spy for sure.
    Last edited by JediAce1, Sep 2, 2017
    Eugene3 likes this.
  15. cerealbox Jedi Master

star 5
    I know this is the Rose thread, but OT there is a big question mark on the whereabouts of Holdo and DJ during Act 3 on Crait.

Unlike Rose who seems to be down on Crait with the Resistance.
    Last edited by cerealbox, Sep 2, 2017
  16. MagnarTheGreat Jedi Master

star 4
    Who do you think will have more screen time in TLJ - Poe or Rose? :)
  17. cerealbox Jedi Master

star 5
    Rey
  18. JediAce1 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Poe, but I think it will be closer than you think.
  19. N7Jedi Jedi Knight

star 3
    [IMG]

Is it just me or is every in-movie shot we get of Rose, she looks like she's about to punch something or someone
    Mostly Handless and Master_Lok like this.
  20. Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's just you, as there have been photos of her crying, smiling, etc.
  21. ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost

star 5
    Clearly she's crying because she missed the opportunity to punch someone, and smiling because it finally happened.
  22. AhsokaSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I love this picture. They hyped Rose up so much as a Finn-fangurl that it's refreshing to see her clearly asserting herself with him.
  23. Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Goes without saying, really.

By the way, your avatar is an appropriate response to about 87% of the posts here. Meaning you can just respond with a blank reply most of the time. That should afford you more time for other activities, such as eating food and bathing.
  24. ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah but who wants to waste time on such things when I can debate the meaning of the same Rian Johnson quote every few hours?
    Satipo and Gigoran Monk like this.
  25. Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Good point. Personally, I think Rian Johnson is just saying that he repurposed his senior thesis as a script to cut down on the worlkload. I assume you agree.