main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Kelly Marie Tran (Rose Tico) in TLJ

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Feb 15, 2016.

1. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

Do ya know how much screen time Darth Vader had in ANH? 12 minutes.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  2. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Yes.

Strongbow likes this.
  3. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    Seems like Kelly has joined social media and has an instagram, she recently uploaded a video of her reacting to the trailer.

I hope she doesn't go through the same nonsense that John does and Daisy did while on social media.

4. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I think Rose will be a very secondary character in TLJ.

She'll have her scenes and moments, but she won't be a major player in the movie. She'll be the character representing the ordinary members of the Resistance.

5. Troopa212

Troopa212 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2016
    I was thinking that she sets the bombs off at Finn's orders. Like he tells her to set them off before they intend to and get off the ship if need be. Even if he's still there. What I think happens is she gets off with Luke, Chewie or Rey in the Falcon and thinks Finn doesn't make it off. Remember Finn is fighting Phasma in a burning hangar and that may be the last time she sees him. That's why she's crying on the Falcon's ramp.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is the best speculation on those events I have read. I believe you may be onto something.

Han Drolo, Revanfan1 and Gigoran Monk like this.
  7. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    i'm kind of starting to wonder if rose dies in TLJ, that she never leaves the supremacy. and that this ends up affecting finn really deeply. i keep thinking back to how they played 'across the stars' in the celebration thing when KMT came out and the way they talked about her character. 'across the stars' immediately cued people (including myself) into thinking romance. but it's a tragic piece about star-crossed lovers and ultimately it is about loss (or things that can tragically never be or cannot last). if there is a character who is very dear who dies in a self-sacrificing way, it's a good song pick.

or maybe this is seeming too much like ESB. in ESB the lovers are tragically separated at the end after they had just worked out some of their relationship. there is a loss in that han is frozen and sent away to jabba the hutt.

i don't think that finn and rose would have a "romance" necessarily since romance is not a key plot thing, but their relationship could hint this way.

anyway it could be i'm forming an ESB like pattern in my head and applying it to rose.

8. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    It was a great reaction, they'll take care of Rose.

9. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    Can't wait to see more Phasma. Love that scene in the trailer with Finn. Going to be awesome.

MarcJordan likes this.
  10. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    My prediction for this character - I will not be a fan! That being said I predicted that about Chirrut and I thought he was the best character put in a SW film in years! Breath of fresh air. We'll see...

11. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    Is there anything in particular that makes you think that?

12. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
  13. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    It looks like Rose may have been a bit of an Equestrian back home before the F.O. arrived. Her pillion passenger does not look too happy though.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  14. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Honestly, neither one looks happy, I'd say they're concerned...which makes sense as they are on a horse while the police have armed speeders.

15. N7Jedi

Feb 13, 2016
    We've come a long way since that first leaked pic of the space horse last year.

11-4D likes this.
  16. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
  17. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  18. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I thought Chirrut was quite annoying. K-2SO was the standout for me. But I think Rose will be a good enough character, though.

19. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    K-2SO was awesome! As for Rose - She just looks annoying... I have a feeling they will use her in the film in a particular way that I don't like but I'll wait and see :cool:

20. N7Jedi

Feb 13, 2016
    Forces of Destiny comic starring the Tico sisters.

[​IMG]

thejeditraitor and afrojedi like this.
  21. Troopa212

Troopa212 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2016
    Two whole days and not a peep about Rose. We can all talk about Finn's treatment all day and would probably be more right than wrong. But there's no denying that Rose has been utterly failed by the marketing team. Not even a one-second shot in any of the trailers and so small on the posters some people literally need a magnifying glass to see her. It's even worse when we consider that the director of the movie created the character and claimed she was the biggest new main character.

22. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    She sort of rise and falls with Finn's fortune in the movie it would seem. If he's got as big a role in the movie like TFA, so does she to a certain extent. But if he doesn't...she probably doesn't either. I'm wondering where she falls and how her story resolves and if she's been swept up in Rian Johnson's no-fly-spoilers-list for a big reason or she's hanging out on the cutting room floor.

23. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    True. But she's more exposed than Holdo and DJ at least.

Can't say the same about Porgs and Praetorian Guards though.

24. N7Jedi

Feb 13, 2016
    I'm trying to figure out if the BTS of Rose by the Falcon's ramp happens before or after the infiltration mission.

AhsokaSolo likes this.
  25. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    If her hair sides aren't curled up anymore, then it happens after.