main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Kelly Marie Tran (Rose Tico) in TLJ

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Feb 15, 2016.

1. RandomGreyJ

RandomGreyJ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    "Cranky Pants" is obviously a secret code that means "I'm a double-agent even though I've literally hated the FO since I was a kid."

dekaneas and General_Leia_Organa like this.
  2. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    It’s the hated the FO since kid thing, not cranky pants.

3. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    "Rose has HATED the First Order since CHILDHOOD!!"

Sounds pretty suspicious.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  4. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Well, there you go, what a few of us have been saying about her. Not a comic relief that's for sure.

5. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    They confirmed the FO destroyed her home planet when she was a child.

6. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Makes sense why her and her sister joined Leia's private army.
    Whether they were known as the First Order at the time or just still called remnants of the Empire.

Will be interesting how she views Finn. maybe she sees him as a hero not so much because of what he did, but who he did it to.

7. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    We don't know at this point whether Paige or Rose were part of the 'first' Resistance or this 'new' Resistance that forms at the start of TLJ. I believe that Rose's uniform states she is a Landing Deck Officer (presumably on a Cruiser) and Paige is a gunner in a bomber. That would indicate that they were in the New Republic Navy rather than a part of Leia's Resistance.

8. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Destroyed it? Like, Starkiller destroyed?

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  9. Oryx-I

Oryx-I Force Ghost star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    So, we're supposed to believe that the senate didn't flinch when the First order destroyed planets years before TFA ? o_O

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  10. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Wait. Really? Who’s the “they” that confirmed this? Seems like an important detail. If the FO was destroying planets way back in Rose’s youth, what exactly was the New Republic doing?

11-4D and CrazyOldJedi like this.
  11. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Can’t be. Quoting Hux: “The weapon, it is ready. I believe the time has come to use it.” No way they were blowing up planets years before TFA.

12. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    I could have sworn that it was confirmed but maybe it's something I made true in my mind when I read that she hated the FO since childhood. [face_dunno]

13. ColemanKcajFTW

ColemanKcajFTW Jedi Master star 1

Jan 14, 2014

I think if the First Order really did destroy her world, they did it in the usual sense, I.E. burning the cities or settlements to the ground via orbital bombardment, and massacring the population as a result.

As for why the NR was so inattentive, A) it'd be easy for the FO to get away with such massacres if they're in areas the NR has little jurisdiction in, like the hundreds or thousands of unaffiliated backwater worlds in the Outer Rim, and B) even if they became aware, given the majority of the NR senate was so unwilling recognize the threat of the FO, I presume they'd try to shuffle survivors like Rose and her sister away as isolated incidents.

cerealbox likes this.
  14. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    I think it's destroying in the sense of "occupy and exploit some planet". The new republic is smaller than the old republic or the empire. Rose's world might be an indepedent system on the fringe of the unknown space. Far away from the NRs eyes and outside of their "juridiction" anyway (and after all thete was some official imperial remnants zones after the galactic concordance)

15. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    The New Republic wasn’t a county police department, so I don’t fully appreciate the “no jurisdiction” rationale. The New Republic was the largest political entity in the galaxy, with a very recent experience of having been under the thumb of a dictator. I feel that the realistic approach for the New Republic would have been trying to thwart a resurgent Imperial-esque force well beyond its boundaries. Offensive defense, essentially. Especially if that force was destroying/ devastating whole planets.

But I suppose this fits with the story that the New Republic decided on isolationism, and it was up to Leia and the Resistance to play offensive defense.

11-4D and ColemanKcajFTW like this.
  16. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Funko Pops just put out the First Order disguise Rose pic online.

17. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

Sep 16, 2015
    From what we've heard so far the NR was ok with the FO ruling some worlds in their area (FO area). They didn't really care. Too far from the core worlds. Not part of the Republic. Maybe these worlds weren't even known? it's a big galaxy and maybe some planets standing next to the unknown space are not registered or something. Also the NR seemed to be afraid to start a new galactic war so they probably tolerated these remote FO worlds just as long as they mind their own business and don't build a fleet (ooops they did!!!)

18. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Where did we learn that? Bloodlines suggests that the NR had no idea of the FO's existance five years before TFA.

19. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

Sep 16, 2015
    11-4D right im just talking about these 5 years. and before? well as i said it's a big galaxy and her homeworld wasnt maybe even on a NR map. the galaxy is very VERY big.

20. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Sure, but where did we learn that the New Republic tolerated the FO ruling certain systems?

21. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    Referenced somewhat vaguely in Propoganda. My understanding is the Centrists broke away shortly after Bloodline to become the FO

oncafar likes this.
  22. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/First_Order

History

Origins

"It's time to start over. That is our first order. To begin again. And to get it right, this time."
    Rae Sloane to Brendol Hux[src]
    Following the Battle of Jakku, Grand Vizier Mas Amedda and the New Republic Chancellor Mon Mothma signed the Galactic Concordance, which dissolved the Empire.[13] In response, many Imperial nobles, technologists,[14] warlords,[4] and officers fled into the Unknown Regions in an effort to escape the prying eyes of the New Republic. They used information derived from Grand Admiral Thrawn[13] who hailed from the Chiss Ascendancy,[15] and the survey teams and droids that the late Emperor Sheev Palpatine had sent to explore the Unknown Regions. At the request of the dying Counselor to the Empire Gallius Rax, Grand Admiral Rae Sloane and Commandant Brendol Hux rendezvoused with the Super Star Destroyer Eclipse. Sloane saw an opportunity to rebuild the Empire.[13]

There, isolated from the galaxy, these Imperial hardliners formed the First Order, which was influenced by the principles of the fallen government.[4] With the New Republic now the dominant force in the galaxy, it continuously stressed upholding the values of democracy throughout the stars. In spite of such, however, the New Republic was not without its critics, many of them being disgruntled sympathizers of the Old Imperial ways, some of whom were a part of the political structure. Once disagreements between the loyalists and Imperial sympathizers became too severe, the latter group would eventually secede, whereupon they would establish the First Order along with the former elements of the Imperial military that still inhabited the Unknown Regions. While some in the Galactic Senate applauded the notion, others realized that without New Republic supervision, the Order would return to the draconian ways of its predecessor.[7]

With many of the Emperor's servants carrying some of the regime's greatest military secrets to the Unknown Regions, the First Order began a massive militarization effort to produce a technologically superior military to the former Galactic Empire, keenly aware that it lacked the superior numbers of the former state. Numerous shipyards, bases, and research facilities were built on newly explored star systems and colonized worlds as the Order slowly multiplied and plotted its eventual return to the galaxy at large. Growing in size and strength, the First Order would come under the command of Supreme Leader Snoke, a powerful dark side user and served by his apprentice, Kylo Ren. With Snoke's successful manipulation of Kylo Ren to the dark side of the Force, his apprentice and the Knights of Ren would destroy Luke Skywalker's attempt at restarting the Jedi Order, with subsequent purges and hunting down those with Force affinity, much like the previous Inquisitorius of the Old Empire.[4]

23. Eugene3

Eugene3 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2017
    panki, Lomesa and cerealbox like this.
  24. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Wasn’t Rose talked about as the new big lead and now shes smaller than Hux on the poster.

25. graw44

graw44 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 6, 2016
    I don't think the (terrible) marketing is representative of the film itself, Im surprised they even put here on it