main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KEMPE UPDATE...ALL PERSONNEL READ, PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by kitarusapien, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    OK....here's what we got so far! The event is going to line up at 1400 on May12th, probably at the Continental for a 1600 showing, but not confirmed by corporate yet. Our duties will be mostly crowd control, giving away goodies, and a costume contest! Kempe(pronounced KEMP)will be putting up tickets for sale on their site as soon as they are bulk-issued from LucasFilms, and we will stage the crowd in order of purchase in groups of about 100 using colored lanyards much like at a concert. There will need to be about 20 of us total and we'll ask the troopers from the 501st to take up flanking positions at the head of the line. The costumes are wanted, so long as they are Star Wars, tasteful and look good....no rinky-dinks, please. Kempe will handle all their own publicity as ordered by LucasFilms, but we can do our own thing and allude to the event without naming names. We will probably not be auctioning items off since the tickets are the main charity, but we can give away items in our name if we want to, as well as give away what Kempe comes up with. Pepsi, and others will be co-sponsoring this event, but Kempe felt we could propbably do a nice banner or two listing LucasFilms, Kempe and ourselves. Also, they liked the idea of having tables, PA, ect. onsite, but they are not far enough along to make firm decisions about these matters. Everything is subject
    to change, but we are very much appreciated, and it looks like we will basically be the life of the party!!!! Supposedly, a couple
    of radio and TV stations will be there, and I put a bug in their ear about having Dan Duru from WB2 do a special on them some morning. I think we could also do something special if someone has a digital camera....I will bring my old computer and about 100 floppies. We'll use the digital camera to take group pics of the crowd and us, route them through my comp, save them to the floppy, and give them to the folks as mementos for free. As always, we won't be able to get a break on these tiks, but you can buy them online at Kempe if you want. MUCH MORE TO COME!!!!!

If you have any questions at all PM me, and as soon as I can, I'll respond.

2. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    for those of us that dont have costumes I can call and get a price on an embroiderd polo shirt with or logo on it. I rember a shop down on the 16th street mall that does that . they can put almost anything we want on it.

3. teneniel_djo

teneniel_djo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    i've got a digital camera. :)

4. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I'm so there. As long as my costume is done by then and my saber is in (yeah, I was supposed to call yesterday, I forgot...I'll try to remember tomorrow!!!).

This sounds like it's gonna be loads of fun, can't wait!

5. Lewis_Black

Lewis_Black Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2002
    I would love to help out in any way I can. The only problem is that my costumes are limited to my lightsaber hilt (that I built myself) and a Darth Vader helmet. If anybody wants to lend me some stuff or we come up with some other uniform that I can buy cheap (I'm still a student), like khakis and a shirt, I'm definitely in. Just tell me when and where.
    PS, I have a digital camera and a bunch of 1.44 mb disks.

6. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    OK...listen up! If anyone wants to be a part of this, PM me with the difficulties you are having with regards to costumes, and we will discuss it in the meeting. We will make it happen for you! Also, anyone who WILL be at this event needs to PM me ASAP, so I can submit a concrete list to Kempe....they are depending on us for volunteer support, so let's not let them down. Anyone who does not want to get in costume is still absolutely welcome to volunteer, and as such needs to PM me to let me know they can be counted on. This is our big chance to show what we can do, so let's rock their world!!!!!

7. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Just posting this again to keep it at the top. All personnel need to PM me with all their info including type of costume, any problems concerning the event, and/or attendance. Also, if you can get me pics of your costume, the Kempe folks would like to see them so they have an idea of what's comin'....and they may use them on their site when it comes time for tik sales.

8. Lewis_Black

Lewis_Black Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2002
    I'm not sure what a "PM" is, so I'm posting this here. I'm more than willing to help, but as explained before, have no costume. So, what I was thinking is that those of us who want to help but are costumeless can buy a short sleeved polo with a logo printed on it. It couldn't be some official Star Wars logo since we don't want GL coming down on us.
    I've worked with shirt companies before for fraternity events and sporting events and I think that we could get something nice for $15-$25 depending on how many we would buy.
    I think that it would look sharp. And those wearing costumes could have something to wear underneath or just use as a keepsake.
    If you have any specific idea, my email is mrsultana@aol.com. My name is Grant, so somehow work that into the title or it might get dumped. And I don't want to ruin some otherwise great idea.

9. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    LB - You're on the right track. If you already have some khakis & some boots, dig around the thrift stores for a white karate gi, then blow dry your hair into oblivion, &, viola`, instant Luke (ANH). Or black pants, boots & collarless (well, those litte short collar ones anyway) shirt, & presto chango, Jedi Luke (ROTJ).

Where are you located? 'Cause there are also some wild costume shops on Broadway where you can pick up a cheap cloak to be a more unique Jedi (they are the easiest costumes to come up with).

-Jennifer

10. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    If we got something printed on the t-shirts it should have something to do with RMFF and the May 12th event...

by the way, a PM is a private message.

11. teneniel_djo

teneniel_djo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    so can i clarify on something? if we work the event, do we get to see the movie without having to pay outrageous prices for tickets?

12. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    No. The tickets are the charity, and LucasFilms has directed Kempe that all seats must be filled by charitable ticket sales.

13. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Hot off of the TF.n presses

Info on Denver AOTC Screening
    Fri, Mar 15, 02 02:17:13 PM EST

Karl sends in info on the Denver AOTC Screening on May 12th:
    The Kempe center in Denver now has info on the charity screening. They said that Lucasfilm are being very strict with them on the details - in a GOOD way, e.g. all the costs involved (theatre, dinner, etc.) is to be covered by corporate sponsors so that all the money from tickets goes to Kempe.
    For more details on the charity screening, keep an eye on the Kempe website by clicking here.

14. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Kempe is in the final stages of hashing out the details with LucasFilms, and LucasFilms is the one who forwarded my letter of request to join this event directly to Kempe, so we are the bulk of their volunteer force, and we really need to present a consolidated front and really push to make this the best charity event this town has seen in a long time! As it stands now, here's who I have on the roster:

Tenenial Djo
    PtrsnsZoo
    Jedi Dragon
    Jedi Pilot
    Lewis Black
    Darth Hair
    Joe Orion
    CHUNK the Jawa(everybody PM him to come, will ya?!)
    KitaruSapien

ObiMcd and BRAVO are possibles.

Any changes to this, PM me ASAP, and keep me advised! Attendance to our next meeting is very important since our battleplans will be layed out then, and any issues concerning costumes, ect. will be worked out then. "LET'S ROLL!"

15. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    no need to PM me just cause I stop posting doesnt mean I stop reading .

16. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    so ticket prices are like 200? And it includes dinner and all of that? Hmmm, sounds like it could be worth it if the food is good..not to mention the "etc." whatever that it, it should be worth 100 dollars lol I might actually pay for this

17. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    JO the ect does not meen PADME.

18. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    CHUNK.....talk to me, bro......PM, me, lets get this straightened out, K?

19. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    The ticket prices will be advertised on the Kempe event at a future date...someone let the newsdesk know about the event, and Kempe has asked us not to jump the gun, so stand by.....remember, they have to answer to the big-dogs at LucasFilms, and they really don't want to piss them off.

20. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I think what you said was just dumb... lol I mean not that way big boss nass..i mean Lucasfilm just sucks. Why does Kempe have to answer to those greedy bastiches? I mean, all LFL is doing is giving the THEATER the movie a week early. Not even a week, a few days. And they're (kempe) trying to run a charity event just using someone's movie for the basis. I know If someone wanted me to lend one of my movies a week early for charity, i'd say "go for it, make your money for your cause, we back you" not "this better be run this way, or that way, or else!" Sorry If i'm going on and on but I wish LFL would just shut up sometimes and let things go. You know what I mean? I mean they are doing nothing whatsoever other than try to hype up their movie. In fact, they're USING Kempe to do that for them.

21. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    JO, this event is happening because of LucasFilms. Without them, Kempe would have never gotten this event even rolling, and that's just the facts of life. Kempe has no pull with the theatres, the corporates at Pepsi...nobody, without LucasFilms....and that is just the way it is. I want to make this happen for Kempe, not LucasFilms....don't lose sight of the job at hand....we're here for Kempe and the abused kids! I know what you're sayin, JO, but even the theatres have to answer to LUcasFilms.

22. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    man the old chunk would of had to toss out a bad remark about J.O and the JOB at HAND and ETC.. not meaning PADME... wait I guess I just did uh oh ;)

23. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    man the old chunk would of had to toss out a bad remark about J.O and the JOB at HAND and ETC.. not meaning PADME... wait I guess I just did uh oh ;)

24. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    JO???? No rebuttal to CHUNK's insinuations????

25. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    hes to busy thinking about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.