main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kempe Update - All the News that's Fit to Print

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Apr 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Venue announced for Rocky Mountain premiere of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones

April 4, 2002
    DENVER ? The Rocky Mountain premiere of the Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones will take place at the Continental Theatre at I-25 and Hampden, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox announced today.

The screening, benefiting the Kempe Children?s Foundation, will take place on Sunday, May 12th at 4 pm. One of only 11 cities across the United States and Canada selected by Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox to host premieres, the event will raise funds for Kempe?s work with abused and neglected children.

Individual ticket prices at $250 for adults and $125 for children under 18 years of age. Tickets are currently on sale through the Kempe website at www.kempe.org. Ticket purchases will be a charitable donation with 100% of the total cost eligible for tax benefit.

Ten percent of all tickets will go to underprivileged children. Kempe is looking for sponsors to underwrite these ticket costs.

?We are grateful to George Lucas and his commitment to maximize funding to much needed children?s programs. Child abuse is not a local issue. He is bringing national attention to the critical issue of child abuse and neglect and helping us spread our message to a much wider community,? said Carrie Nolan, President, Kempe Children?s Foundation.

Kempe has already received calls from Nevada, Nebraska, New Mexico and Arizona regarding this exclusive charity event. Kempe anticipates the brisk ticket sales to continue for a sold out show.

The Kempe Children?s Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, is comprised of business and community leaders dedicated to ending child abuse and neglect. The Foundation?s goals are to increase awareness, provide prevention tips and educational materials and secure needed resources to support the work of the Kempe Children?s Center. The Center provides treatment, training, program evaluation, education and program development to prevent and treat children.

2. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    where is the other 90% going to go jen?

3. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    to people that paid for them

4. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    They are giving 10% of the seats in the theatre to kids, the other 90% are for tickets (the $250 & $125 variety)for whomever buys them from Kempe.

5. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    ok I over read it I got 10% of the sales would go to the kids. my bad.

6. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I just turned the web blurb into OW to get it on the NEWS section of TF.n

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.