main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kempe Update - Sell Out Expected

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Apr 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Denver Charity Screening Expecting Sellout
    Fri, Apr 26, 02 02:53:27 PM EDT

This press release was issued today, informing us that Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones charity premiere tickets nearly all sold at the Denver venue:
    DENVER - Tickets for the Rocky Mountain premiere of the Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones have been selling quickly and are expected to sell out soon, the Kempe Children's Foundation announced today.
    With almost 2/3 of the tickets already sold and with less than 200 tickets remaining, the event is expected to sell out quickly. Selected by Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox as one of only 11 charities across the U.S. and Canada to premiere this film, Denver's ticket sales will raise funds for Kempe's work with abused and neglected children.

"We are thrilled to be several weeks away from the event and already two-thirds sold. It's obvious that this event is going to be a tremendous success for the Kempe Children's Foundation. We are thankful to Lucasfilm Ltd. for supporting the issue of child abuse prevention and treatment," said Carrie Nolan, President of the Kempe Children's Foundation.

The screening will take place at the United Artists Continental Theatre at I-25 and Hampden with pre-event activities beginning at 2 pm. The screening will begin at 4 pm followed by a festive post-screening party.

Star Wars memorabilia has been donated by Star Wars vendors for gift bags and give aways at the event. Vendors include Wizards of the Coast (numerous rare items including R2D2 Portable Cooler, Darth Maul leather jacket and a Star Wars: Episode I Lithograph Portfolio Limited Box Set), Hasbro (Star Wars figures), Fossil (Star Wars watch), Dark Horse Comics (film posters), Lego Systems Inc. (Star Wars Lego Systems), Master Replicas ("working" lightsabers), Sony Music (film soundtrack), and THQ (game boy gift basket).

Individual ticket prices are $250 for adults and $125 for children under 18 years of age. Tickets are on sale through the Kempe web site at www.kempe.org. All costs/donations above $30 are entirely tax deductible.

Ten percent of all tickets sold will go to underprivileged children. Kempe is seeking sponsors to underwrite the cost of the tickets for those children.

Kempe has sold tickets to fans across the Rocky Mountain Region including Nevada, Nebraska, New Mexico and Arizona.

2. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    I will pm you with the detail kit but add mama to the costumed list we scraped together a mara jade style costume. and lets just say the dad's will love taking the mamas to see this costume I mean this show.

3. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I want the R2D2 cooler!!!

4. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Me 2. Kempe has given me 3 tickets to distribute. I'm keeping 2 of them. If anyone wants one, I'll trade it for 2 figures :)

5. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Kempe is absolutely working this town.

I went to 4 places to ask if we could leave flyers, when I mentioned it was for the the Charity Screening, everyone has had the same response; "Oh they already came by and gave me that poster" Kempe has a really nice 11x14 poster with info. The good thing is so far everyone has been happy to let me put our flyers in front of the poster.

Please post some ideas here for places that we could take flyers to, comic shops, small toy stores etc. Private owners are much easier than chains, except for Media Play, they have a place in all their stores setup, i've already hit two.

I've still got over 500 flyers (the ones Jen made) sitting in my back seat, and i'll drive them anywhere central or south, I very rarely have a reason to be on the northern end of town.

6. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Hey, we need to take a need to take some of those flyers w/ us to Indy. Plus we should have some for our Line Party & D&B's event. These things are looking like a better idea all of the time. I even posted one in our kitchen @ work. Auraria Campus is another good place to stick some of those things up. They have bulletin boards all over the place for that kind of thing.

7. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Unfortunately DH got contacted by Indyknights about staffing the FanForce table, and one of the rules is that FF flyers cannot contain any LFL images to be on the FF table.

Someone needs to come up with a new flyer quickly, one that doesn't contain any LFL images.

I guess I could see how mine looks without them, but it's not my first choice.

Maybe you could put the call out.

8. Lewis_Black

Lewis_Black Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2002
    They're going to sell out?

Well, duhhh.

9. Lewis_Black

Lewis_Black Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2002
  10. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    yeah, I already knew GL was a sellout...the Ewoks, Jar Jar and hype for EpI told me that :p

11. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    COOL! That's all I have to say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.