main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Kendo Excursion

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Faiz, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    hello folks, once again it is time to resume saber training. details will be posted in the other Lightsaber Workshop thread.

wat i wanna ask here is, as part of an, uh, enrichment program for the lightsaber workshop, i am thinking of organizing a little excursion, to an actual training session of kendo.

no no, i'm not asking u to participate in the actual, training, that'll be nuts, and they'll prolly have my head for even suggesting any of that. but just to come to a dojo, to observe and visually absorb a training session. i've spoken with mr producer and hopefully he and the animators could come down and take a look at the kind of actions they'll be animating and rotorscoping.

now, the usual dojo i used to go was at Changi Jap Sch, and training was every wed evenings(7.30pm to 9pm) and sunday mornings(9am to 10.30am i think) but i've spoken to mr producer and a few others, and doesnt sound feasiable. that aside, if enuf ppl are interested, there are other venues, namely NYP and NUS as those are the onli educational institutions with a Kendo club. TP used to have one, but they've closed down for sometime already i think.

once i get a gd response, i will contact the appropriate bodies to arrange a session for us to attend.

oh and who noes, attending this and the regular lightsaber workshop may even help in getting a part in the fanfilm(no promises tho)

SO who's interested? XD

2. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    i posted the msg late last nite, forgot to add one more thing.

this is also to build awareness on this sport/art, for those who are interested, gives them a feel of wat to expect if they ever wanted to take up kendo.

3. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Whatever master hakama advises, his followers will...well..erm...FOLLOW!! duh

4. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    gd gd... one response so far.. how bout the others? =\

5. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Well like I said, I'll go if I can make it and it doesn't clash with anything else I have on... Heh actually that doesn't sound very promising but... just let me know when and where and what time. ;)

6. Mercurio

Mercurio Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Not sure if i can make it too...

7. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Can make it if it's at NYP.

8. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    anyway the training day/times that i've mentioned for the one at the changi jap sch, is limited to that place onli. nyp, nus all have their own days and timeslots. i guess i'll start sourcing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.