main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Kennedy possibly out in September?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by AndrewPascoe, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    For GL for sure

christophero30 likes this.
  2. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    Perhaps bad is too strong in my opening remark, but underwhelming. When compared to Disney's other uber proper marvel - Avengers 1 made 1.5 billion and Avengers 2 made 1.4 billion, a slight drop and in line with typical sequels. Jumanji made over the estimates and that is a good point you bring up, especially since TFA made its box office pretty much without any serious competition however it should have done better, 1.3 Billion is no small number but I think they may have felt it would have earned between 1.5 and 1.7 billion.

christophero30 likes this.
  3. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    It shows a trend. The numbers are heading south rather than north. That will cause shareholders and executives to act.

4. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    If Kennedy goes she will be very well compensated.

w4tkn likes this.
  5. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    TFA's release was pushed back from May to December if I recall because of script problems from Simon Kinberg's version(s) and then JJ and Kasdan took over.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Michael Arndt not Simon Kinberg.

chrcharcor2, Serpico Jones and w4tkn like this.
  7. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Um, have you ever taken a closer look at how Lucasfilm is set up? because it sure doesn't look like it.

Kathleen Kennedy is obviously in charge as the president, but who comes below her?
    That would be Lynwen Brennen (a woman) as General Manager, who is in charge of all operational matters at Lucasfilm. Then Kiri Hart (yes, that Kiri Hart), Jason McGatlin and Paul Southern follow as Senior Vice Presidents, meaning that out of the top 5 positions in the company, three are currently held by women, including the top two. On the next level, 5 out of 10 are women. neither the company nor the movies are lacking in "diversity".

8. Jedha

Jedha Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2017
    Yeah, I was talking about Disney, where the real power to make decisions for LF now lies.

9. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    If I were KK, the only reason (in addition to the "age reason") I'd consider to step back as LF president would be, that I would not like to get booed at the end of my career, because of one movie, at a lousy convention by some hysteric overreacting fanboys after having a highly successful career.
    IMO with all appropriate criticism, she does not deserve this.

10. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    There is no doubt she has had a successful career.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  11. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Still waiting to see if a public denial comes out of Disney. It doesn't signal confidence in their prospects for XI if she's bowing out without seeing it through. If she retired now, she'd be ending her career on a historic box office bomb.

12. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    I think the September time frame will serve her with an Executive Producers credit. IX will not flop I am predicting $1.4 billion. Disney is not known to publicly comment on rumor's and if they make an announcement it will be on their time after internal communications have taken place.

13. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Says who?

You can't just randomly make assumptions without anything to back it up. Disney has a history of letting its sub-divisions do their own thing, be it Marvel, Pixar or Disney Animation. There is zero reason to assume that Disney is somehow telling Lucasfilm how to run things. People have been throwing these sort of accusations at Disney for a long time, and there was never anything that remotely supported those ideas.

I very much doubt that there will be one. Big companies don't react to that sort of speculation, they have no reason to.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  14. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    This whole rumor is just laughably absurd. I'm not saying there is no chance she will step down but you guys need to realize this rumor is originating from an obscure site that charges a sign up fee. What better way to get people to fall for that than to spread something like KK is stepping down.

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    But the boycott.

16. GaiusBaltar6

GaiusBaltar6 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2018
    The perfect way to lure him away from Jurassic World and back to Star Wars. :cool:

Darth Smurf likes this.
  17. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Rosenfeld is no hack. I'm not saying this particular story is true but he has a proven track record of prescient stories, Lasseter's problems at Pixar and Disney's attempts to bring him back are two of the latest.

Serpico Jones and 2Cleva like this.
  18. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    If KK steps down, what about a successor named Trump? He can do anything!
    If he is occupied with some legal stuff maybe Roseanne Barr would be an option.
    I heard she has plenty of time at the moment. :p

GaiusBaltar6 likes this.
  19. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Considering Barr was fired by Disney for an offensive tweet while they are considering bringing back the serial groper Lasseter at Pixar, they really should. She would be a step up.

Darth Nobunaga and Darth Smurf like this.
  20. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Sorry but I am not going to trust any rumor that originated from a source called the Ankler that is charging a 45 dollar membership fee.

21. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah because online press never have paywalls. None whatsoever.

22. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.

Krueger likes this.
  23. Little Ray Sunshine

Little Ray Sunshine Jedi Knight star 2

May 2, 2016
    I imagine she was stipulated through the ST (at which point she was probably planing to retire anyway), she will probably announce her retirement in about year but not leave until IX is in theaters, so there is a smooth transition. As for who is going to replace her? I think Feige will probably leave Marvel after stage three whatever. But he might be eyeing Iger's set, given that Marvel studios has pretty much been underwriting the rest of Disney recently. Given the number of fans that have been clamoring for Filoni, I would kind of like to see him take over (if he wants to), then fans would have no one to blame but them selves.
    Relatively certain that trilogy was blood money, so I imagine he got it etched in stone.

24. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I tends to happen when the story does not evolve as some fans would have wanted. Had Lucas done the ST himself, he would have faced similar accusations.

And I am saying this even when I feel the ST is shaping as the worst trilogy of them all. But certanly not because no one has told me where does Snoke come from, why Ben turned dark or because Rey is not a Skywalker.

25. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Writers go independent and set up paywalls all the time nowadays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.