main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kenobi : Ewan McGregor in potential Kenobi movie OR series

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I think it had a more naturalistic look. But, in any case, my point is simply that elements from the PT can work quite well outside of the PT.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  2. sizziano

sizziano Jedi Master star 2

Nov 16, 2014
    Oh of course, the quick glimpse we get of Coruscant in R1 looked amazing.

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I think that was actually made by re-using footage from the prequels.

4. sizziano

sizziano Jedi Master star 2

Nov 16, 2014
    If that's true then it makes sense. Coruscant looked quite spectacular in ROTS.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  5. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Has this been officially confirmed? I think with the Obi film we need to see him young, because he cant just chill in the dessert forever as much as I love Ewan and want him in it.

Sudooku likes this.
  6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    No, it has not been officially confirmed, unfortunately.

7. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    A director got talked to.
    I expect a whole lot more of that happens than we hear about.

8. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    GregMcP: :eek:
    And I used to think we will learn about those things first.

9. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    It was different. ROTS had the whole sky covered in black smoke at all times. We even saw the sun, meaning it wasn't at night. They kind of have to give them makeovers since the PT looks so different from the general Star Wars aesthetic.

10. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I think its more the lighting, the mood they were looking for and location of the castle because you do get a more ROTS look as the craft flies down but then as it gets to the castle there is more smouldering rock and a thin lava steam which reflects with a more blue sky.

it probably helps that CGI has evolved abit since 2005, even though the CGI in ROTS is pretty damn good even today.

wobbits likes this.
  11. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    That would be pretty funny to watch, actually. Just add Vaneé screeching "Wait till my master finds out about this! He will torture you in a thousand ways!".
    And Obi's just full on trolling the poor guy.

12. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    Ive seen some suggest that Vader be apart of the story to justify that line from ROTJ to Luke where he said "Obi-wan once thought as you do".....but I'd be ok with him staying on Tat. and the story being about how he remains dedicated to watching Luke and him having to struggle to deal with the fact that he cant so openly swing his lightsaber of justice and use the force anymore....

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  13. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Hope we get news on this soon.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  14. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
  15. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    COMMENCE FREAKOUT

16. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    If "Joshua Three" as the working title is really hinting at Tatooine, that could save the withering ruines of the PT-production places in Tunisia for some more years.

Immortiss likes this.
  17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    *Nods of approval..

Immortiss and B3 like this.
  18. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Hasn't there been a lot of unrest there in recent years? I don't know that they would go there but I don't know enough about any situation.

https://www.thenational.ae/opinion/...ocracy-is-evolving-in-inspiring-ways-1.680649

19. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Is OmegaUnderground generally reliable? Because that's the primary source for this piece of info.

20. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Good to hear more confirmation. I just wish it wasn't set to begin Production all the way to 2019. I want the Kenobi movie to be next in line, after Solo. But they must be planning another movie first(Please. No Boba Fett Anthology movie), since I don't see them waiting a year to start Production of the next movie. They should do the Kenobi movie now, before the unlikely chance that Ewan changes his mind. [face_nail_biting]

Immortiss likes this.
  21. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I honestly couldn’t say if they’re legit. They claim to have a production source, but as you say, there’s no confirmation on that source. Pinewood UK is a very safe bet. The only nugget that jumps out is the production title: Joshua Tree. So, yeah, grain of salt on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016

But if Han solo is out next year (2018) and Episode 9 is out in 2019 then wouldn't that mean Obi wan could be the next anthology after Solo coming out 2020?

Although maybe there is good reason for why it isn't going into production until after episode 9.

Sudooku and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  23. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Mostly Handless, B3 and Immortiss like this.
  24. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Yeah, that could be. I just thought if Kenobi was next, that they wouldn't wait so long after Solo wrapped up, to begin. After all, they have had 2 Star Wars movies in Production at once, since Disney took over (TFA/Rogue One and TLJ/Solo). You could be right though.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    No idea but this isn't the first time they've apparently heard something about the Kenobi film. They also reported that Sam Esmail was attached to write the screenplay. This was before the trades began reporting that it was in early stages of production.

Mostly Handless likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.