main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kenobi : Ewan McGregor in potential Kenobi movie OR series

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I can't possibly imagine why Ewan wouldn't come back unless it was an Obi wan origin story and even then wasn't Obi Wan like in his 20s in Phantom Menace so how young could they go and what direction could they take it?

Now if it was set during 3 and 4 and they recast then id be abit confused because Ewan clearly is 100% up for it and so him not coming back sure would be a questionable decision from lucasfilm that i honestly don't think will happen.

I could possibly see a flashback with a young obi wan being found or trained by Qui Gon but i dunno whether it could fit a whole films worth of story.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    kalzeth and Ren Kylo like this.
  2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I do envision flashbacks for this film. Obi-Wan's early training when he was a child, with Qui-Gon and Yoda. Even some flashes to the Clone Wars, fighting alongside Anakin. Could work.

3. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    It could be a bit like Batman Begins in that regard. Have Obi-Wan be on some sort of mission and show flashbacks that reveal more about his character and reinforce the movies themes.

Krueger, Deliveranze and Ren Kylo like this.
  4. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    As much as people say they don't want him to leave Tatooine, I don't care. I think he needs to at some point in order for a story worthy of a movie. I don't need a 2 hour film where the biggest threat is a Tusken Raider camp or anything.

If they can find that blend of excitement plus a character piece, I'll be happy. But then again, seeing Ewan after 13 years will be exciting regardless.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    A lot of interesting stories can take place on only one planet. See... almost every single story ever told. :p

EHT, xezene, Deliveranze and 5 others like this.
  6. Darth Sith Saber

Darth Sith Saber Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 24, 2016
    It's not like, with the Mos Eisley port nearby, and the empire potentially tracking the offspring of Vader down (regardless of how aware the Empire are of who he is) or tracking Obi-wan down, there would be a lack of threats and issues for Ben to deal with on the planet. There's also the whole psychological aspect of the movie; dealing with moving to this scorched hell hole, having all your friends killed and way of life destroyed (by your student and honorary brother no less), the galaxy plunged into darkness, having to assume a new identity and live in hiding, the guy will be a wreck and will have so much to come to terms with. Then there will be the whole thing with Owen bonding with Luke and becoming fearful of Ben and refusing him the opportunity to get to know him and train him, making Ben feel like he's failed in his mission, etc. Training with Quigonn would be great to see. Ben studying all the deeper aspects of the force and becoming ultra powerful, also artificially aging himself further to avoid detection, all kinds of things could happen. He could cross paths with Han, in a crossover scene from the Solo movie. It could be great.
    Hey, why aren't I in charge of the script? ;) :p

sizziano likes this.
  7. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Especially a massive planet like tattooine. One we've actually seen very little of over the last 40 yearsz

8. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    It would be a great opportunity to show us more of Tatooine. We're all assuming (as does Luke in ANH) that Tatooine looks the same, wherever you are. Maybe this film could tell us different.

kalzeth likes this.
  9. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    It would be fantastic if they could get back to the original locations in Tunisia, if the political climate allows for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I would guess they might delve into Satine and his romance prior to TPM or maybe not since most of their stories still focus within the two trilogies. Obi Wan was 38 in ROTS and the actor today is 46, they'd have to stick with a Kenobi of ROTS or Dark Times interim . Unless they cast a younger actor in an origin story with just McGregor being like a Bilbo. Am more interested in a Darth Maul film or mildly having him fight Kenobi at some point post Order 66 like Obi goes in search of Vos and discovers his corpse on Dathomir or something. A redo of the Twin Suns duel more cinematically could be nice but its highly unlikely.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  11. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    I think he will leave Tattooine, maybe on a mission for Bail? Space-faring is one of the things most people probably expect from Star Wars films, so we'll probably see a couple of new planets.

(Edit: If the Ring of Kafrene showed up again I would be quite happy about that.;)[face_praying])

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  12. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Whatever they decide to do, Ewan would legitimise it.

Blue 5 and Krueger like this.
  13. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    And you call yourself a fan of Caravan of Courage... [face_not_talking]

Jedi Knight Fett and Deliveranze like this.
  14. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I am assuming tatooin is a large planet so if they wanted to go on some tatooin adventure who knows what they could do?

Either way i imagine they will want a fair amount of action or effects involved.

15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    That would allow us to see guys like Qui-Gon and Mace again too!

16. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    Obi-Wan's entire purpose between ROTS and ANH is to make sure Luke is kept safe. Why not explore what happens when that plan begins to unravel? This could make for an engaging and emotional narrative because we know how high the stakes are, even if we know how it turns out.

Ren Kylo, sizziano, B3 and 2 others like this.
  17. OGGUNGAN

OGGUNGAN Jedi Master

Dec 8, 2014
    The Antagonists should be survivors of the jedi purge. Excluding Obi-won and Yoda.

18. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    They better cast Ewan McGregor.

Darkslayer, Krueger and Ren Kylo like this.
  19. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    But if Obi Wan is watching over luke for 20 year then is that all he is doing? i feel that is alot of time to spend doing that and nothing else.

At some point he had to do something else surely? even if it was for a period of days

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    kalzeth likes this.
  20. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I doubt it will happen. With IX and Johnson's trilogy on the way as well as the difficulties surrounding this character I can imagine that it's on the back burner already.

21. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    What difficulties?

The idea of an obi wan movie sounds less difficult and complicated then a Han Solo movie.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    Darkslayer and kalzeth like this.
  22. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Confining the character to one planet if they go for the ROTS to ANH time period. Fans are clamouring for Ewan to play the character so it won't be a 'young Obi-Wan' movie (before TPM) either. On the other hand Han Solo has a wealth of unseen adventures to indulge without the constraints of rigid canon.

23. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    Maybe have the setting be on Tatooine, but flashbacks to childhood training and other planets

Don’t think Obiwan would leave his “post”; that of watching over the young boy

jimtalkbox likes this.
  24. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Make the movie a vision quest. Thus, he stays on Tatooine the whole time, but he's going on a deep Force vision journey, resolving all his fears and egoism that enables him to Force ghost in ANH.

That opens the way for flashbacks, and entirely imaginal adventures. Conversations with Yoda and Qui-Gon, both. Maybe this is accomplished via Obi-Wan meditating peacefully in his desert hermitage, maybe you do it with him wandering the desert a bit delirious in the grips of his visions and running into moisture farmers along the way to play up Owen's "that wizard's just a crazy old man" line.

It should be a very different kind of Star Wars movie.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Master_Lok, Darth-Seldon and Krueger like this.
  25. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    Watching TLJ makes me think that Obi-Wan may indeed be having conversations with Yoda on Dagobah, just like Rey and Kylo. Also, I don't know if its been confirmed, but I'm pretty sure we already saw Yoda doing this in Rebels when he was talking to Ezra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.