1. A Warning For Everyone To See:

PT vs. OT vs. ST vs. Anthology (in any combination) debates are not allowed in the New Movies forums. Discussions that descend into OT/PT/ST/Anthology bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Consider this your warning.

Kenobi Kenobi: A Star Wars Story [possibly in early development - see page 71]

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Anthology - Spoilers Allowed' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Avnar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I would imagine in the time he (could have) visited - it would be functional. How long before ANH was it abandoned...? If they go with Ewan again I can't imagine the film would be set too close to the original...he still needs time to "morph" into Sir AG :cool:
    TCF-1138 likes this.
  2. Darth Smurf Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I want to see Obi Wan showing up at Tosche station to buy power converters.
    He gets the answer: "We have none"
    Asking: "What about these ones?"
    Answer:" They are reserved for Luke Skywalker"
    TheManFromMortis and Krueger like this.
  3. ZY-Fighter Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Apologies if I'm dense and missing something: where's the Lucasfilm announcement about this?
  4. Darth Chiznuk Superninja of New Films - On Vacation

Manager
    star 6
    It hasn't been officially announced. The Hollywood trades are all reporting it though so the likelihood that it's happening is high.
    Artoo-Dion likes this.
  5. HaloWithStyle Jedi Knight

star 2
    Maybe it's all just some kind of misunderstanding?
  6. Krueger Force Ghost

star 5
    No. All the trades reported on it. They're not gossip tabloids. I actually believe the same thing happened with Rian Johnson's appointment. His hiring was first reported in all the trades, but Lucasfilm, for whatever reason, weren't ready to say anything themselves. Then they quietly made an announcement on the official SW website. I fully expect the same thing to happen here.
  7. Vasco_Rojo Jedi Padawan

star 1
    For those concerned with featuring one planet to be truthful to Kenobi's mission vs others concerned about variety of planets to be truthful to SW tradition, you can easily do both. You can show for example Obi Wan always in Tatooine, never leaving the planet, while featuring other events across the galaxy in other scenes with other characters.

How cool would it be to show Bail Organa in Alderaan before its destruction, with little Leia playing in the background? They could communicate via holonet for example, RO established that, Bail had knowledge of him and seemed to have been in touch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ZY-Fighter likes this.
  8. Sudooku Jedi Knight

star 4
    No need to shoehorn in such. Obi-Wan is sufficient enough to have his own adventures. Or do you want Vader being seen to train Starkiller before the first Death Star is blown up, while Obi-Wan is hovering as a force ghost above it all?
  9. AndyLGR Jedi Master

star 4
    Plus they can use the same actors who played Owen and Beru too.
  10. Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ANH, RO and ROTS all established that Bail had knowledge of Obi-Wan and the nature of his exile.
    DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  11. CrazyOldJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    He lives in a sandstone hut with a sandy-coloured sand lizard that he has named Sandy.. Sandy sometimes eats Ben's sandwiches. Anakin does not like sand, Ben likes Sandy, Sandy likes sandwiches.
    ZY-Fighter, GregMcP and Gigoran Monk like this.
  12. PymParticles Force Ghost

star 5
    Rian Johnson's official announcement was weird. He was openly talking about it shortly after the trades reported on it, but it wasn't officially announced until almost a year later at the 2015 Disney investor's meeting and simultaneously shoved into the story that Edwards' film would be titled Rogue One and star Felicity Jones, almost like an afterthought. "Oh, yeah, and also this guy is doing Episode VIII but you know that already or something so whatever."
    Krueger likes this.
  13. Lord Sith Harloxzz Jedi Knight

star 3
    Do you guys think we'll see something like this in the Obi-Wan movie?
    [IMG]
  14. TCF-1138 Porg of New Films & Fan Films

Manager
    star 5
    Not really. I don't see there being a lightsaber duel in the film - and I'm pretty sure A'Sharad Hett won't appear. :p
    But then, I could be wrong. Maybe Mace Windu is still alive, now crazy, and wants to kill the child of Skywalker and Ben needs to stop him or something. It's interesting with this film - we really have no idea where they're going with it. It could be an over the top action film, it could be a slow-burn western, and it could be a spiritual character study.
  15. Dominick1216 Jedi Knight

star 1
    What are the chances of Vader appearing in some capacity? lol
  16. Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I agree with pretty much all of this. Except for the part about sandwiches.
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Malleus Maleficarum

Manager
    star 8
    This film needs to be a shot-for-shot remake of Gandhi with Kenobi inserted into the title role. It should also be keep its original 31/2 hour runtime.
    ZY-Fighter and Gigoran Monk like this.
  18. icqfreak Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    With de-aging technology continually getting better, I'm hoping there's some flashback scenes of his younger days. Would mean the return of some PT characters, Anakin and Yoda the most likely. Would also be a good way to have "action" in the movie as they could show a battle or two he was involved with during the clone wars.

Action is probably the biggest challenge for the movie right now. Would many people see a star wars movie with little to no action? Or maybe the amount of action is decent but the scale is way down.

I just don't see that interesting a story coming from him just being on tatooine the whole movie. Flashbacks are a must I think.
    CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  19. Lee_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, it wasn't ignoring the purpose (see my other posts in this thread), I just don't agree that such a story is a good idea in the given situation. I've said multiple times in this thread that they COULD possibly make a good movie out of it (so why the "schooling" about something I already acknowledged?)), I simply think they could make a BETTER movie another way than 100 desert goons attacking him on a loathsome sand planet. I think they can do better.

OK, now see the above response (and multiple other posts of mine in this thread).

Yes, none that were "new" in the sense I was talking about though.

I really hope TLJ is going to be further away from the OT (although this is still a saga film, so not really what I was getting at)., at least more than the movies so far. I don't have much hope for Obi-Wan not hugging the OT; that's pretty much a foregone conclusion IMO.

I'll have to admit you called this a long time ago- that they were just going to continue with the stories around familiar OT characters. I just pray it doesn't go on TOO much longer, at least in not giving us SOMETHING not tied so tightly to the OT (Rebels, Obi, Han, TFA). It will suck if thewy are still doing this 10 years from now.
    Last edited by Lee_, Aug 31, 2017
    Darth_Pevra likes this.
  20. Montross95 Jedi Youngling

Hopefully we get a duel between Obi-Wan and Vader between ROTS and ANH.
  21. -Phoenix- Jedi Master

star 5
    Ooh I have to say I really don't want that. I think it would suck a lot of the impact out of their eventual Death Star meeting. Yes, one or two lines of dialogue can be bent and twisted to try and justify another meeting on a technicality, but I think most of it (Now I am the master, etc.) pretty clearly indicates that they haven't seen each other in the interim.
  22. Qui-Riv-Brid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I would say that all this means is that is their first face to face meeting since Mustafar.

So the obvious way around it is to have them know the other is out there and is close but not actually meet. Not unlike Anakin and Grievous who only met face to face for the first time in ROTS. TCW could never have them battle each other because of this.

Then there is the line about not feeling this presence since...

That is more vague so it might mean Mustafar or another time since.
    Last edited by Qui-Riv-Brid, Sep 2, 2017
  23. -Phoenix- Jedi Master

star 5
    But it should really only mean Mustafar. There is zero point to having them "come close" to each other if they aren't going to meet, and they really shouldn't meet. Obi-Wan is obviously aware of Vader's existence and identity. He is a public figure. Vader knows Obi-Wan is probably still alive out there somewhere. But he definitely has no idea where, because if he did, there would be no way he wouldn't hunt him down instantly. There is just zero benefit to having another confrontation between the two.
  24. sizziano Jedi Knight

star 2

Completely agree.
    Vasco_Rojo and Gigoran Monk like this.
  25. Darth_Pevra Force Ghost

star 6
    Hm, I think this will only happen when the franchise runs out of steam sometime down the road. It is then that they'll look for new strategies to earn more profits and may take the risk of a more daring project set far in the past or future of the SW universe or some other novel scenario. If it takes five or ten years to reach that point, who knows? Right now they have little reason to move away from the OT because the movies, which are all very OT-centric, are doing so well. Trailers suggest that TLJ will be filled with OT-elements as well. Obi will probably also battle the Empire in some form, because that's what seems to sell at the moment. Even I am starting to grow a bit tired of Space Nazis, even though I'm an OT-fan.
    Last edited by Darth_Pevra, Sep 3, 2017