1. A Warning For Everyone To See:

PT vs. OT vs. ST vs. Anthology (in any combination) debates are not allowed in the New Movies forums. Discussions that descend into OT/PT/ST/Anthology bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Consider this your warning.

Kenobi Kenobi: A Star Wars Story [possibly in early development - see page 71]

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Anthology - Spoilers Allowed' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 11, 2014.

1. themoth Jedi Master

star 4
    Agreed. I'm all for Vader appearing in more Rebels episodes and the Han Solo film, but I don't think it works here at all. At the very most, Ben could hear Vader's name on television or at the cantina. Or he has a nightmare or flashback about him. But that's it. I think it's important that ANH remains the first encounter between the two since ROTS.
    Rickleo123 and TCF-1138 like this.
  2. Count Zero Jedi Knight

star 3
    Vader should not be in any Kenobi Star Wars story. It would be a continuity nightmare on the level of "So was I when you first trained me" "Um, Trained by Qui-Gon, you were. Senile, you are."
    11-4D, ZY-Fighter and Vasco_Rojo like this.
  3. -Phoenix- Jedi Master

star 5

Funnily enough, I have two "appearances" just like that in my Kenobi script. One is sort of dream-sequence-ish, and the other is a little more like Luke's trial in the cave on Dagobah. They kind of represent Obi-Wan's guilt over losing Anakin, something he has to learn to live with over the course of the film.
    But that's the only way I think it would be acceptable for Vader to appear.
    themoth likes this.
  4. moreorless12 Jedi Master

star 4
    In terms of location I do think Tatonnie is somewhere that could easily support an entire film. Besides its existing diversity its frontier lawless nature also makes it naturally a location where you could introduce a lot of new characters/designs from gangsters/bounty hunters/smugglers/etc.

Shooting location wise as well maybe try the Colorado plateau in the US? some very interesting landforms there like Byrce Canyon.
    Last edited by moreorless12, Sep 4, 2017
  5. Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Cheaper to film in Jordan and/or Morocco.
  6. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 7
    Yeah they could shoot some plates in the U.S. red rock areas for later vfx use as backgrounds but it would be markedly more expensive to have main unit in the states rather than shooting overseas in Africa.
    That was sort of the MO for Star Wars where most of the main unit shot in Tunisia while some other stuff was in the Mojave(like the miniature Sandcrawler shot).
    Last edited by ShaneP, Sep 4, 2017
  7. sizziano Jedi Knight

star 2
    Isn't Yoda involved in every Padawan's training at some point? Doesn't seem like some continuity nightmare.
    Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  8. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 7

Yes he trains the younglings.
  9. sizziano Jedi Knight

star 2
    Exactly.
  10. Count Zero Jedi Knight

star 3

Sorry, still makes no sense in context.

Yoda: "He is reckless..."

Ben: "So was I, when you first trained me."

Did you see the age of the kids in Yoda's classroom? Either Yoda is an idiot in that exchange, or Ben is.
    11-4D and Rickleo123 like this.
  11. Rickleo123 Jedi Knight

star 3

At some point Obi wan HAS to learn about what happened to Anakin. He knows he left him behind on Mustafar but he has no idea he's been turned into a half machine now Sith lord now. The question is, does that revelation occur in a meeting or does Obi Wan leave Tattoine at some point and has a brief brush with Vader where they dont actually meet? It is an interesting story still that needs clarification.
  12. sizziano Jedi Knight

star 2
    Lol Dude come on! Can you at least quote it properly!

"Obi-Wan Kenobi: So was I, if you remember."

That's the proper quote which makes total sense with what we know about how Jedi where trained in the waning days of The Republic.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett Force Ghost

star 7
    I just don't see what this movie could be about since now that Maul is dead and also Obi Wan should never leave Tatooine
  14. sizziano Jedi Knight

star 2
    Then you lack imagination IMO.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett Force Ghost

star 7
    Well what do you think will happen?
  16. sizziano Jedi Knight

star 2
    I don't know what WILL happen but I can think of plenty of possibilities both on and off Tatooine. I wouldn't be opposed to having Temeura Morrison as a clone (perhaps Cody) in some capacity either as an ally or adversary for example. Maybe some clash with the Hutts which have already been alluded to in the comic books.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett Force Ghost

star 7
    The clash with the Hutts was Obi Wan making sure the Hutts did not collect a tax on the Lars family. However I do like your idea with a Clone and Obi Wan.
  18. sizziano Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah I would love for TM to have some type of role but I honestly doubt something like that will happen. It would be incredibly cool to have Obi-Wan fight alongside a clone one final time.
  19. -Phoenix- Jedi Master

star 5

But what about it isn't already clear? Obi-Wan saw the recordings. He knows Palpatine named Anakin Vader. They fought, and he left. And doubtless he's heard about the Empire's enforcer, a guy named Vader running around wielding a Jedi's weapon. It's a revelation that may happen somewhere in those 20 years, but making it part of a film makes it a reveal that's totally meaningless to an audience. We already know all of that. We won't feel for Obi-Wan in that moment. People will just say "What? Didn't he already know that?"
  20. themoth Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd like a story that seriously risks Obi-Wan's anonymity, but of course he manages to stay undetected.
    Baron_Papanerd and Master_Lok like this.
  21. Count Zero Jedi Knight

star 3

Oh for christ's sake, what's the difference? He was a little kid. Every little human kid is reckless. Luke isn't a kid. Why is Ben even bringing it up if he isn't an idiot. Unless Ben is friggin dumb, it's a continuity error based on the fact that in 1978 or 1979, when this dialogue was written (not when the film showed, but when it was written) there is no doubt that Yoda was meant at that time to be Ben's teacher. Certain individuals can retcon all they want, but the dialogue is squirly, like it or not. Geeze.

I'm sorry i offended people's sacred cows.
    Avnar likes this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk Superninja of New Films - On Vacation

Manager
    star 6
    Get back on topic now please.
  23. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 7
    I would love to see Kenobi fight some Krayt Dragon and maybe somehow protect Luke and his whereabouts after some villain has found out where the little guy is.

Maybe he has to travel off world a bit too and that's how he knows the cantina at Mos Eisley has most of the best star pilots in the galaxy and can get a little rough?
    Last edited by ShaneP, Sep 5, 2017
  24. Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm going to guess that we see the tail end of Order 66, and the filmmakers are going to revive the "Jedi Hunter" character that was sketched for TFA before Kylo Ren materialized.
  25. Master_Lok Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks for mentioning this, I am so out of the loop. That could be very interesting indeed. Play the suspense right and it could be golden. Mix it with a spaghetti western vibe and :)
    Last edited by Master_Lok, Sep 6, 2017
    Darth Smurf and Gigoran Monk like this.