1. A Warning For Everyone To See:

PT vs. OT vs. ST vs. Anthology (in any combination) debates are not allowed in the New Movies forums. Discussions that descend into OT/PT/ST/Anthology bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Consider this your warning.

Kenobi Kenobi: A Star Wars Story [possibly in early development - see page 71]

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Anthology - Spoilers Allowed' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 11, 2014.

1. ZY-Fighter Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Let's just hope they make an official announcement soon - it's so weird to me that we have no official word on what's happening after IX at this point in time, considering how the release timelines were set out before.
    Last edited by ZY-Fighter, Sep 7, 2017
    Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  2. Darth Smurf Jedi Master

star 4
    They are busy firing directors. Be patient.
  3. 11-4D Jedi Master

star 4
    So... Vader?
    Krueger likes this.
  4. Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Nah, the Empire ain't sending Vader on wild goose chases now that most of the Jedi are dead. I'd consider this character something like a master bounty hunter that's built up a Jedi-hunting expertise.
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  5. Mostly Handless Jedi Master

star 4
    That's why they haven't announced that Stephen Daldry is directing a movie about Obi-wan Kenobi, he isn't, he's already been fired.
    ZY-Fighter and B3 like this.
  6. RyanjohnN Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ok so since we're playing the speculation game at the moment. With people speculating on an Anakin and Obi Wan flashback, I've thought up a way that might work without it seeming too fan servicey. With the way Rogue One started, the same could be done in the Obi Wan film. An Obi Wan and Anakin flashback to the Clone Wars which sets up the villain for the film. That gives it connectivity to the PT, Luke/Tatooine exile gives connectivity to the OT and we can get a new cool villain that actually poses a threat out of it as well.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  7. Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master

star 4
    A Jedi Hunter, as Antagonist, would be interesting. It would definitely help with the "The Fugitive" vibe, which I am hoping they are going for. :cool:

Also, a Flashback to the Clone Wars would be a great way to have Scenes away from Tatooine.
  8. DarkMark Jedi Grand Master

star 3

Guessing they won't officially announce this until they have a director and/or Ewan signed up for it.
  9. Darth Smurf Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess you wanted to say "they have a director, fired him and have him replaced by another director"
    Mostly Handless and DarkMark like this.
  10. SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Padawan

He doesn't have to leave Tatoonie, at least not in the present day.

While the present day stuff could be Obi Wan dealing with his hermit life on Tattoonie, perhaps having a crisis of faith or devotion (since the order is dead) and perhaps discussing this with Qui-Gon, we could see the story of Obi Wan first becoming a Jedi through flashbacks.

What is Obi Wan's origin story? After all, we've never seen Obi Wan's home world, his parents, etc, and we've never seen the process of someone joining the Jedi Order (on film), learning all the rules, depriving themselves of romantic connections, completely devoting themselves since childhood.
    Last edited by SmokeMonster4815162342, Sep 12, 2017
    ZY-Fighter likes this.
  11. Vasco_Rojo Jedi Padawan

star 1
  12. Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ZY-Fighter likes this.
  13. MrDarth0 Jedi Knight

star 2

We do know Obi-Wan spent almost a year on the run with Duchess Satine while he was a Padawan, hiding from Bounty Hunters, having an intense relationship with her and he almost left the Jedi Order for her, if she would have asked him.

On a side note, what's up with these Jedi falling in love with politicians? You think they would have learned by now you can never trust a politician.
  14. Rodie Jedi Master

star 4
    It's not like all of LFL's energy is geared toward Han Solo, Episode 9 and Obi-Wan.

They haven't announced Obi-Wan as the next stand-alone film because they haven't decided that it'll be next in line. They haven't even hired a director for it. LFL has several SW films in various stages of development. Whichever they settle on a script/director of first, that'll be the next film announced and released after 9.
    Last edited by Rodie, Sep 27, 2017
  15. ZY-Fighter Jedi Padawan

star 1
    They.
    Haven't.
    Even.
    Announced.
    Obi-Wan.

I wish the title of this thread didn't have that word in it!
    Last edited by ZY-Fighter, Sep 27, 2017
    Vib3s and Mostly Handless like this.
  16. GregMcP Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    "Leaked" rather than "Announced".
    Every now and then someone says "Why hasn't Ewan McGregor said anything?".
    It's because no one has said anything about anything officially.
  17. Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Leia was a politician too. Seemed pretty trustworthy to me.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett Force Ghost

star 7
    Well that ended well for Han. Oh wait...
    MrDarth0 and ZY-Fighter like this.
  19. redxavier Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Is this going to be another 'Alden is cast as Han Solo' thing? Where it's announced at something like a Celebration despite everyone having known about it for months?
  20. Darth Chiznuk Superninja of New Films

Manager
    star 6
    I watched Last Days In The Desert last night and I thought the beginning was sort of perfect for the Kenobi film. Just Obi-wan alone in the desert. Replace the devil with a hallucination of Anakin and it's perfect. That's the kind of film I hope this is.
  21. Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    And this was somehow due to Leia’s untrustworthiness?
  22. GregMcP Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I hope so. Someone playing a young Luke who looks a bit like Mark, but not really.
    Last edited by GregMcP, Oct 1, 2017
    11-4D and Mostly Handless like this.
  23. Mostly Handless Jedi Master

star 4
    If the idea of a 'Jedi Hunter' antagonist were used in this film, do you think LFL would use the opportunity to introduce the Imperial Inquisitors in Live-Action?
  24. TheManFromMortis Jedi Knight

star 3
    _ _ _ _

Agreed, but I wish they would! This is the next anthology film I want to see.
    ZY-Fighter likes this.
  25. Sudooku Jedi Knight

star 4
    Remarkable Meghan Markle?