main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kenobi : Ewan McGregor in potential Kenobi movie OR series

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sizziano

sizziano Jedi Master star 2

Nov 16, 2014
    Exactly.

2. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014

Sorry, still makes no sense in context.

Yoda: "He is reckless..."

Ben: "So was I, when you first trained me."

Did you see the age of the kids in Yoda's classroom? Either Yoda is an idiot in that exchange, or Ben is.

11-4D and Rickleo123 like this.
  3. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016

At some point Obi wan HAS to learn about what happened to Anakin. He knows he left him behind on Mustafar but he has no idea he's been turned into a half machine now Sith lord now. The question is, does that revelation occur in a meeting or does Obi Wan leave Tattoine at some point and has a brief brush with Vader where they dont actually meet? It is an interesting story still that needs clarification.

4. sizziano

Nov 16, 2014
    Lol Dude come on! Can you at least quote it properly!

"Obi-Wan Kenobi: So was I, if you remember."

That's the proper quote which makes total sense with what we know about how Jedi where trained in the waning days of The Republic.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I just don't see what this movie could be about since now that Maul is dead and also Obi Wan should never leave Tatooine

6. sizziano

Nov 16, 2014
    Then you lack imagination IMO.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well what do you think will happen?

8. sizziano

Nov 16, 2014
    I don't know what WILL happen but I can think of plenty of possibilities both on and off Tatooine. I wouldn't be opposed to having Temeura Morrison as a clone (perhaps Cody) in some capacity either as an ally or adversary for example. Maybe some clash with the Hutts which have already been alluded to in the comic books.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The clash with the Hutts was Obi Wan making sure the Hutts did not collect a tax on the Lars family. However I do like your idea with a Clone and Obi Wan.

10. sizziano

Nov 16, 2014
    Yeah I would love for TM to have some type of role but I honestly doubt something like that will happen. It would be incredibly cool to have Obi-Wan fight alongside a clone one final time.

11. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005

But what about it isn't already clear? Obi-Wan saw the recordings. He knows Palpatine named Anakin Vader. They fought, and he left. And doubtless he's heard about the Empire's enforcer, a guy named Vader running around wielding a Jedi's weapon. It's a revelation that may happen somewhere in those 20 years, but making it part of a film makes it a reveal that's totally meaningless to an audience. We already know all of that. We won't feel for Obi-Wan in that moment. People will just say "What? Didn't he already know that?"

12. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I'd like a story that seriously risks Obi-Wan's anonymity, but of course he manages to stay undetected.

Baron_Papanerd and Master_Lok like this.
  13. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014

Oh for christ's sake, what's the difference? He was a little kid. Every little human kid is reckless. Luke isn't a kid. Why is Ben even bringing it up if he isn't an idiot. Unless Ben is friggin dumb, it's a continuity error based on the fact that in 1978 or 1979, when this dialogue was written (not when the film showed, but when it was written) there is no doubt that Yoda was meant at that time to be Ben's teacher. Certain individuals can retcon all they want, but the dialogue is squirly, like it or not. Geeze.

I'm sorry i offended people's sacred cows.

Avnar likes this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Get back on topic now please.

15. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I would love to see Kenobi fight some Krayt Dragon and maybe somehow protect Luke and his whereabouts after some villain has found out where the little guy is.

Maybe he has to travel off world a bit too and that's how he knows the cantina at Mos Eisley has most of the best star pilots in the galaxy and can get a little rough?

16. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I'm going to guess that we see the tail end of Order 66, and the filmmakers are going to revive the "Jedi Hunter" character that was sketched for TFA before Kylo Ren materialized.

17. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Thanks for mentioning this, I am so out of the loop. That could be very interesting indeed. Play the suspense right and it could be golden. Mix it with a spaghetti western vibe and :)

Darth Smurf and Gigoran Monk like this.
  18. ZY-Fighter

ZY-Fighter Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    Let's just hope they make an official announcement soon - it's so weird to me that we have no official word on what's happening after IX at this point in time, considering how the release timelines were set out before.

19. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    They are busy firing directors. Be patient.

20. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    So... Vader?

Krueger likes this.
  21. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Nah, the Empire ain't sending Vader on wild goose chases now that most of the Jedi are dead. I'd consider this character something like a master bounty hunter that's built up a Jedi-hunting expertise.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  22. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    That's why they haven't announced that Stephen Daldry is directing a movie about Obi-wan Kenobi, he isn't, he's already been fired.

ZY-Fighter and B3 like this.
  23. Tristan the Trilobite

Tristan the Trilobite Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2017
    A Ben "Obi Wan" Kenobi movie set after RotJ sounds like a baaad idea, but I have a good feeling about this!

Scenes for this start automatically writing themselves in my head. In the end, going with Hitchcock, to get a good movie you need three things: a good script, a good script and a good script. Notwithstanding that, getting McGregor to take on his iconic role again would be a great asset.

Apart from the obvious fan service scenes on Tatooine and some plot point explanations (e.g., Ben realizing Anakin is not really dead), this should probably be a kind of a very separate, stand alone and more grounded adventure story without the usual suspects, innit? :obiwan::qui::luke::vader: :emperor::storm:

Valairy Scot likes this.
  24. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Well, the Ewan McGregor announcement doesn't seem to have happened, though that doesn't mean much. I personally want him back purely out of sentiment, but I would prefer a younger actor to portray Obi Wan if the movie takes place before ROTS, however annoying that would be. I admit that the III-IV era seems to be limited in its expansion capabilities, but there is still room for Obi Wan to leave Tatooine if only briefly, like in Last of the Jedi. I'm not saying I want it solely based on that series (though that would be awesome, hence my username), but some adventure like that would be cool to see Obi Wan in, with McGregor in the role.

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    It's just too early.
    We aren't supposed to know about this movie yet.
    Not official announcements by anyone about anything yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.