main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kenobi : Ewan McGregor in potential Kenobi movie OR series

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    It's essentially the same thing, yeah. He also appeared to Ahsoka in the Lothal temple.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2. JediMasterSven

JediMasterSven Jedi Master star 3

Apr 21, 2014

But then...in the last moment Owen Lars makes the "kill shot" to save both of them from the agent, and as the Jedi Master tries to thank him, he tells Obi, "I promised I'd protect Luke. That includes you. Now, you stay away from my family. "

J7Luke, Revanfan1 and Siphonophore like this.
  3. williamjj666

williamjj666 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 8, 2016
    one of those movies that will be so great if it happens, especially with Ewan mcgregor. But i wonder what the story will be like? Secret assassination attempts on Vader and emperor, Obi-vigilante-kenobi, love story...options are many

4. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    If they ask Ewan about this movie, he will give the stock answer about how he's willing to do it, but won't answer otherwise.

For the movie, I like the idea of fleshing out the Lars and ghosts component, and the idea of a threat to discovering Luke. Maybe he finds out and cuts the evil agents off from communication and has to defeat them before they get word to the Empire? They can intermix flashbacks of his earlier life as a young jedi, during the Clone Wars, etc, as well as how he is dealing with his experiences psychologically.

5. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    So whats Ewans next project?

[​IMG]

Or is this just his way of saying lucasfilm

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  6. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Time for Ewan Beard Watch

7. Marathonjedi77

Marathonjedi77 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    I looked it up nothing that would require a beard.

8. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    He was rocking a Kenobi beard at the Golden Globes tonight

9. JorakUln

JorakUln Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 23, 2005
    With Joel Edgerton becoming a household name especially on the heels of Bright, letting him and Ewan play co-leads for a full film certainly doesn't seem farfetched as it would have been back in 2002 when Joel was a nobody.

10. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    A tattoo on the left shoulder?

11. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I was just going to post about this. It seems coincidental timing to start growing the beard and hair out, but then again, it may not be proof of anything. I did see some people speculating a role as Obi-Wan's ghost in IX also, but it seemed more speculation than anything.

12. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
  13. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Glad he won the GG for Fargo (I tuned in as GdT won for Best Director - YAY! and then promptly buggered off.

As far as Obi-Wan...bring it.

14. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Obi-Wan is steering a vehicle ferociously, while his co-pilot is talking on a comlink and reaching for a drink. Since they're both standing, this could be some sort of parcel delivery speeder, or perhaps a garbage barge. Or, maybe they're in a skiff rally.

15. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    I would love to hear official confirmation that Ewan McGregor is doing this!

16. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Old man podracing.
    It's one of those mid life crisis things.

17. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Yep, it's all coming together. It's only a matter of time. :ben: :bluesaber: ;)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  18. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    This probably means nothing and certainly is irrelevant in shooting terms (since that isn`t until next year) but he looks extremely Obi-Wan-ish.

Now probably he`s doing some movie that needs that look but whatever.

19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I can't be.. Can it..???

20. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Episode 9 Kenobi cameo.
    Definitely.
    (Just for the sake of encouraging baseless rumours)

Mostly Handless likes this.
  21. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    That would be essential for them to keep Obi-Wan signature Soresu/Ataru form. I hope they wont jump off it to some dark age broadsword style combat for him in line with ST. Let it stay consistent. I gues he wont be that old in-movie to do some professional spinning and twirling.

22. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    What i notice when people talk about the Obi Wan spin off is that people anxiously comment on him being too young or whatever and the only way i can see that being an issue is if they Rogue One it and have it set within a few years of Episode 4

And when you have 20 years worth of time to explore why jump ahead that far? you could set it 5 years after episode 3 if you liked? 10 maybe? and you don't have to push to much age on Ewan.

bluealien1 likes this.
  23. sizziano

sizziano Jedi Master star 2

Nov 16, 2014
    Exactly. My guess is tags it will be set within 10 years of RotS possibly within 5.

24. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I actually think 5 years would be better. It keeps it away from when we’d expect him to look more likes Guinness, and Obi-Wan might be a little more obviously traumatized from the events of RotS and ill-adjusted to this drastically new lifestyle he’s been forced into. It makes for more interesting internal conflict and a more compelling character.

sethg, sizziano and B3 like this.
  25. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Recently, I've been hearing many are hoping that a hypothetical Kenobi film will see our veteran Jedi leave Tatooine, and go off-planet.

I don't think this is necessary, both from a story telling perspective, and from an in-universe perspective. I think you can develop a very compelling story of Kenobi on Tatooine during the Dark Times between the first two trilogies. I feel that this also could very will serve as the first example of a 'different' Star Wars film, similar to how Logan served as a compelling, and different, Marvel film. Remember, when Lucasfilm first announced the series of 'anthology' films, they emphasized how they'd be able to push the boundaries of SW, and explore different genres.

Solitude. Agony. Regret. A sense of duty. Helplessness. Remorse. I mean, you've got a character study here that just writes itself. With McGregor, and even Edgerton, I think you could put together a really unique SW film.

Make it so, Lucasfilm. Please. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.