main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kenobi : Ewan McGregor in potential Kenobi movie OR series

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Star Wars has always had that James Bondish tradition of showing you three exotic locations. The three part story.

I figured you could give problem their spaceship and planet fix by having other characters flying in. Give short changes of scenery that way.

And, I imagine Tatooine has a secret underground. With water. With another race of creatures. Morlocks.

To give 75% of the movie to showing us a deeper examination of Tatooine would be pretty cool. It's something I wish we could have had for Jedha.

B3 likes this.
  2. Black Star Gunner

Black Star Gunner Jedi Master star 2

Oct 18, 2014
    To be fair, there's the Before Death by Star Destroyer Jedha, and After Death by Star Destroyer Jedha. I really need the Solo trailer to focus on!

3. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    The stunt choreographer for TLJ is a wushu guy. I dont think the sword style of the ST is very medieval outside Kylo Ren's particular way. Daisy Ridley was basically learning wushu stuff without the tornado kicks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Okay so I saw the 1st trailer yesterday and while it looks cool I left it wondering so what'll happen? He's alone talking to Qui-Gonn but what else will see?

5. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    What??? Do you mean this trailer? Because this is fake.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. sizziano

sizziano Jedi Master star 2

Nov 16, 2014
    Lol!!

Krueger likes this.
  7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    There is so much scope for an Obi-Wan adventure featuring a young Luke Skywalker.

8. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Another wishlist item: Emmanuel Lubezki as director of photography.

Django Fett likes this.
  9. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    i think if and i say IF this movie is going to happen i think it should have a Ronin/Lost Warrior vibe to it.

Opens with Obi/Ben sitting on a rock over looking the shifting sands of some great desert,just then a Krayt Dragon apeares and Ben kills it.says some thing about how this is the way of the desert before skinning it and or taking it's pearl(SWG style) then sells it before movie on.He is forced to ponder his life and what he must do.Ben talks to his old master or some thing and then he must go after the Holy Grail(Luke or leia who have been kidnapped or some thing).Thats as far as a can get with my hope and dreams for this film.....

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  10. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    To keep it with current canon certain things would have to be observed.

* Luke could never see Obi-Wan using his lightsaber
    * Nor can Luke witness directly Obi-Wan using the Force

Though they can explore his relationship with Qui-Gon and Luke seeing Obi-Wan talking to an invisible person would fall I'm exactly with the "crazy old man" narrative from ANH.

11. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I might get some scoffing at this, but I wouldn't mind seeing either Yoda or Obi-Wan himself projecting himself thru the Force to another location the same way that Luke did in TLJ. Like as a way for him and Yoda to meet with eachother still. Either way it would be a good way to portray Obi-Wan off of Tattooine at some point in the film, even if he doesn't leave.

Darkslayer and B3 like this.
  12. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    *thinking loud* What actually could work would be some "Tatooine western" (yep, I've read Miller's Kenobi) and possibly some mix with "force ghost training". The latter could possibly give him a chance to explore a very different world (in his mind) without physically leaving Tatooine.

13. MadBoomBoom

MadBoomBoom Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    Obi-Wan fighting the inquisitors and destroying them before the Empire finds out. Qui-Gon's force ghost appearing. Exploring more of tatooine/visiting Jabba's palace or even going off planet . Confrontation between Owen Lars and Obi-wan. Kenobi being ambushed by the tusken raiders, Krayt dragons, the Dark Jedi, bounty hunters, rancors, ,the jawas taking his lightsaber.

14. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003

Wow, that sounds like one action PACKED Kenobi film!!!!

Darkslayer, B3 and MadBoomBoom like this.
  15. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    I like the idea of the fundamental emotional conflict being between Lars and Obi Wan.
    Luke is too old to begin the training. Okay, why hasn't the training begun?
    Obi Wan is there. Lars knows he's there. They all know that Luke is someone special.
    But Lars wants nothing to do with it.

How did Obi Wan screw up in the eyes of Lars?

Ren Kylo, B3 and kalzeth like this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Also get some qui Gon gin force ghost

17. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    I wouldn't mind seeing at least part of the Kenobi film portrayed in some kind of "fish out of water" fashion, as we see him getting used to the Tattooine ways, beings and environment. There's plenty of narrative opportunity there-not as a main plot, but as a kind of background humor thread...

18. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    That's nice.
    He's used to a wealthy urban Coruscant lifestyle, and now he's sitting in a mud brick hut. Missing the nightclubs.
    I wonder how Yoda managed going back to a swamp.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Ren Kylo, B3 and DARTH_BELO like this.
  19. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Everyone loves a nice fish out of water subplot. It went over very well in Thor, and also Wonder Woman just to reference a couple. Not to mention we all remember how he reacted in TCW when he was imprisoned with Rex-it was hilarious how he almost lost his ?!#%. Entertaining to see that from such a "professional" Jedi!

B3 and GregMcP like this.
  20. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Force ghosts of three Jedi masters whose apprentices turned to the Dark Side, giving Rey pointers in IX. Yoda, Obi-Wan, Luke. Kind of like all three finally producing a Jedi who will really, truly restart a new Jedi order. Bring on MH, EMcG, the puppet in IX. :D Definite crowd pleaser.

And then, in a year, we get a stand-alone Kenobi.

Huttese 101 likes this.
  21. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    Yes!

This would be awesome. Tatooine has so much to offer w/the cantina and Jabba.

kalzeth likes this.
  22. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I’m more excited for these spinoff films because they’re focusing on characters that I actually care about.

23. Jamarn Santill

Jamarn Santill Jedi Padawan

Jan 6, 2018
    He can't really use his lightsaber not to attract attention, and Vader can't be in the movie - "when we last met I was but the learner".

Whether it's Tatooine+flashbacks, Tatooine+new characters, or even plain old Tatooine dangers that are possible on Tatooine (of which there was plenty eg in KoTOR), or (please omg) Ahsoka appearing somehow, it doesn't matter to me: I'd be super excited to see Ewan as Kenobi, and way more so than Solo.

And if it's not Ewan I riot.

kalzeth likes this.
  24. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Well, actually he could use his lightsaber out in Jundland Wastes, if there weren't any humans there observing. The important thing is that none of the people in the community around reveals his background as Jedi. However, he could fight sandpeople, krayt dragons or even a bounty hunter or two as long as he kill the latter and thus keep his existence secret. My personal favourite is a duel with Asajj Ventress, where Ventress eventually is killed. (I know - it's not totally in conformance with Ventress' death in Wookiepedia, but it would be a duel worth watching.) Can't have a SW movie without a good sword fight, can we?

kalzeth and B3 like this.
  25. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    I agree. This should be cool.

Well, as long as no one is left living who could reveal he's a Jedi a lightsaber would work. I mean c'mon if it's Obi-Wan you gotta bust that out! So a bounty hunter would work. Now obviously we couldn't see Vader but it'd still be cool.

kalzeth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.