main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kenobi : Ewan McGregor in potential Kenobi movie OR series

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    From what we've seen in TLJ and Rebels, he could still commune with Vader through the Force. They technically aren't meeting but communicating from across the galaxy. I think that's unlikely but possible. And of course it is Ewan.

2. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Kristian harloff of Collider feels Darth Vader should be the villain in the obi wan movie and that it could be done very easy

Mostly because of the line darth said in ROTJ when he say "obi wan once thought as you did" that he could be turned good again and that we technically didn't see that in ROTS

Personally i don't think Vader will be the villain. i think they will be respectful to how george left off ROTS.

Darkslayer likes this.
  3. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    How "official" is this Obi-wan film anyway?

4. CloneWarsFan01

CloneWarsFan01 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2015
    Since it's being reported by reliable trades like Hollywood Reporter, Variety and EW, despite not yet being official on the Star Wars site, I'd say official to a point, from a certain perspective.

5. Psycho Weiner

Psycho Weiner Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2017
    One of the stories in From A Certain Point of View has Obi-Wan fighting off bandits who were attacking the Lars homestead, when Luke was 3 years old. We could see this kind of thing but I'm not sure how they could make it into a compelling story to sustain a whole movie.

6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Well it depends on whether he considered himself a learner and for how long, he was still learning from Palpatine up to the CT and it may refer to that. In the lines Vader speaks all it really says is they haven't seen each other for a long while and in that time Vader now considers himself a master of the Force, that could be because of incidents that have occurred since this possible meeting such as RO. A third meeting may have happened midway between the first and the last, it would have probably ended in stalemate, there's 20 years to play with.

Ewan McGregor is "Ben" Obi-Wan Kenobi....

Jedi of Baker Street and kalzeth like this.
  7. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    If they can ram in a pointless cameo for Ponda Baba and Dr Evizan in RO, surely they can do likewise for Obi-Wan in Solo? [face_laugh]

Mostly Handless likes this.
  8. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    I'm crossing fingers for the "beard theory" but as the rumors insist they will start shooting the movie in 2019, Ewan will have a very long beard before he actually needs to put on the Kenobi look[face_tee_hee]...

If they're really going to make a Kenobi movie, Ewan McGregor should definitely be the one to play the role. At least if they place the plot between ROTS and ANH, which I personally hope they do. For very obvious reasons they can't use Sir Alec Guinness again and since Ewan played both Padawan Kenobi in TPM and Master Kenobi in the two other PT movies it would be really odd to see a third person in the role. After all they really put some effort into making Ewans Obi-Wan resembling Alec Guiness Obi-Wan, also physically.

If they choose to make a story from pre-prequel time so to speak, they would have to find a younger Obi-Wan to play the role and even if they managed to find someone who could convince us that he really was the character, they would also have to find someone to play a younger Qui-Gon - thus double trouble.

Huttese 101 and Mostly Handless like this.
  9. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I think in New Hope you can infer that Obi Wan has at least a passing knowledge of Han. He knows he's a decent pilot. Ben knows the Tatooine space port scene.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    There's a movie called Seven Samurai that did it pretty successfully.

Avnar likes this.
  11. Jamarn Santill

Jamarn Santill Jedi Padawan

Jan 6, 2018
    Absolutely!

In one of those bacta tank/meditation moments, with grilled Hayden Christensen - I dig it!

I agree.

The meeting in ROTS to me feels final, the Mustafar duel should be the last one before the DS duel. It's a dormant rivalry reignited in my view.

But regardless what's in it, blast it, anything, I'm hyped already.

kalzeth likes this.
  12. lucbro1138

lucbro1138 Jedi Padawan

Aug 8, 2017
    Hmmm sorry guys...and i know you will shoot me down here... the love you fellas have for Ewan as Obi is a bit bewilldering.. yes i will be there day one because its star wars and would like to see this untold story.. but recently watching the OT and comparing Ewans version of Obi to AG's brilliant original is gaps apart. and before you say thats Ewans take on the character.. it isnt as i strongly believe he always wanted to imitate Guiness and fails.. he's delivery of dialogue was wooden..thats not the script, writer or director..its Ewan delivering that...oh blast this is why i hate flying...and hello there... Ewan is a great actor and i always felt he could have done better... just saying i hope he ups his acting... i agree in our minds Ewan is Obi now and will definately be cast...just surprised that how this forum canes Hayden..i am just surprised for the love of Ewan...but heck....Roll on the OBI WAN film..... btw i thought TLJ was awesome...better with each viewing

13. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    I think you may find you're in a minority, for most Ewan not only took what Sir Alec Guinness had done but expanded it and made the character fresh again. Nobody can deny he was at times hampered by some very clunky dialogue and he had a few exasperating scenes with Hayden that didn't come across well. But if you combine the majority of his performances (TPM & ROTS) with the breathtaking swordsmanship you can really appreciate how he took the character far beyond the already brilliant CT icon.

kalzeth, Krueger and CaraJinn like this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    What characters other than Obi Wan do you want to see in Kenobi

15. sizziano

sizziano Jedi Master star 2

Nov 16, 2014
    A clone played by Morrison. Cody for example.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Cody meeting Obi An again would be sweet

17. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    It depends on the plot. I'd very much like to see Qui-Gon Jinn as a force ghost, but I assume it will be difficult in practice unless Liam Neeson is willing to step in. As Qui-Gon appeared in just one of the films it would be easier to have him played by some other actor if he appears in Kenobi, but still - they would have to find someone who at least resembled Liam's character. I would also expect Owen Lars and Beru to turn up somehow, though not as big roles. And with reference to my previous posting I'd like to see Ventress appear so we could have that lightsaber duel.

Ren Kylo and kalzeth like this.
  18. sizziano

sizziano Jedi Master star 2

Nov 16, 2014
    Liam Neeson is already on record saying he's willing to be in another SW film. He was in TCW after all.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He was actually in TCW twice

kalzeth likes this.
  20. OGGUNGAN

OGGUNGAN Jedi Master

Dec 8, 2014
    I' d start this movie out with a gritty (think ww1)battle from the clone wars. Which is a dream/memory/nightmare obi won wakes up from.

A chance for cameos.

Remind audience a relationship with Anakin.

Introduce the main antagonist of the film. A jedi!

Ren Kylo, AndyLGR and kalzeth like this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh that would be a great time for Hayden to appear

kalzeth likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I can’t wait to learn how Ben knows about the cantina scene in his 19 years in hiding.

23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Poor Ewan can't grow a beard for personal reasons and everyone assumes he's playing Obi-Wan again.

"But I just like the bear-"
    "Say, 'May the Force be with you'!"

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Your playing Obi Wan again arent you?

No I just like Beards.

You are playing Obi Wan again right?

I am done

25. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Guys, we're going to learn about that time when Obi-wan got into avante-garde beard styling.:p
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.