main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kenobi : Ewan McGregor in potential Kenobi movie OR series

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    They are not going to make Kenobi or any other anthology movie but they should. Not having 3 anthology movies to match the 3 Episodes just feels like a hanging chad. Make the circle complete in 2020 and then do your non-Skywalker trilogies after that.

2. sizziano

sizziano Jedi Master star 2

Nov 16, 2014

Says who?

3. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @sizziano

If they were doing it, they would announced it by now. Besides EVERYTHING we seen from Lucasfilm since 2014 is they want to end the Skywalker trilogy ASAP. Doing an Obi-Wan movie would be stuck in the Skywalker realm. Good, bad or indifferent they want to move on from the Skywalker Saga.

4. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I strongly suspect that once Solo is out, we'll get an announcement on Kenobi and a Lando movie.

Unless Solo absolutely tanks, but I don't see that happening.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I do kind of think that Anthology will be done soon, but Solo seems to be setting up for bigger success than lots of people expected. And I think Kenobi is the most likely or reasonable of any rumored or hoped-for subjects. After that, though, I can see Anthology being finished at three movies, which is kind of too bad because I see just as much potential in that category as the RJ trilogy or Benioff-Weiss series. But those two categories are more recent announcements and seem to be the most up to date reflection of their plans going forward. Not to get off-topic, but I think (and hope) that further numbered Skywalker saga Episodes (after Episode 9) are the least likely format to continue.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think if Solo was in December Kenobi would have already been announced. There would have been enough time to get people excited for the announcement and then let things calm down before ramping it up again for Solo's release. The way things are though it'd be like announcing Episode X the same month Episode IX is released. I don't think they want people to be thinking about the next Anthology film when they should be focused on Solo at this critical juncture.

7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    The scene – Star Wars Celebration 2019

Kathy Kennedy: "Now, I think it's high past time that we announce a spin-off film that I think almost every one of you has been asking for."

Star Wars fans: "Yes yes yes yes"

Kathy Kennedy: "So give a nice "Hello, there" to Ryan Coogler, your director for..."

Star Wars fans: "Oh my god oh my god yes yes yes"

Kathy Kennedy: "Boba Fett: A Star Wars Story!"

Star Wars fans: *extended silence*

@Darth Chiznuk: *bursts into tears*

PymParticles: "YES!!!"

8. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Honestly if they do continue with the Anthology films I think Boba Fett will be a part of LFL's (to borrow a term from Marvel) Phase 2. Phase 1 is Rogue One, Solo and Kenobi. They're the pre-ANH trilogy and work as a homage to the original film. In Phase 2 we'll get Boba Fett, Lando and Yoda as a homage to ESB.

9. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    I've been wondering whether the proposed Boba Fett film could evolve into a tv project instead.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  10. ObiSpamBaloney

ObiSpamBaloney Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 12, 2014
    They probably are not going to announce the Kenobi film until after Solo hits theatres and has run it's course (sooner if it isn't looking good for Solo)

11. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I think it could lend itself to a weekly episodic format pretty nicely, with "bounty of the week" villains and all that.

kalzeth and Mungo Baobab like this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Boba Fett was definitely supposed to be a major part of Underworld.

13. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Yeah, and it would almost be full circle in a way, as it seems that the Underworld tv show was going to feature Boba in some capacity.

PymParticles likes this.
  14. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    And if they wanted to use Darth Vader, Bossk, Dengar, Greedo, Jabba The Hutt etc...they could! :cool:

Half the thing I love about all the SW "what if's?" is that a lot of the characters from the films can still be used because they never age... They are puppets, people in costumes, cgi, behind masks, covered in make up etc etc - They never get old! Now the actors themselves do, but Tarkin and Leia in RO actually made this scenario very real^:)^ As much as I thought I would hate the idea - I loved it!

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  15. Trikuza23

Trikuza23 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 10, 2015
    ehhh pablo hidalgo just said "what would make you think we were done with anthologies?"

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    kalzeth likes this.
  16. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Looking at the current ticket sales for Solo i suspect more of these sort of films will follow fairly soon.

Obi wan or Boba seem the most likely to come next. but then maybe they will wanna jump on the Solo Sequel train and get that into production before Alden gets to old to play a young solo

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    kalzeth likes this.
  17. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    If it's a success then I'm sure they will go this way. Solo, Chewie (and Lando) have a lot more to work with.

18. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    It’s too bad we never got to see him stand around doing almost nothing for several seasons.

Mungo Baobab and kalzeth like this.
  19. CloneWarsFan01

CloneWarsFan01 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2015
    We'd better get Kenobi first.

Valairy Scot, kalzeth and Krueger like this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I'd love an underworld trilogy of films. Solo, Lando and Fett.

But I think we'll get Kenobi first.

My Palpatine Eyes likes this.
  21. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    They will make Kenobi, that is a low hanging fruit.

First, everybody loved the PT Obi Wan, second, the actor is now older which makes it even more adequate for a Kenobi movie, and finally, everyone wants to see the biggest liar of the galaxy again, from a certain point of view.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  22. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    From a certain point of view it would be the cheapest movie for them to make. A cast of a thousand......sand flies.

23. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    That would actually be a great idea. I like the symmetry.

24. My Palpatine Eyes

My Palpatine Eyes Jedi Knight

Apr 9, 2018
    I sure hope there is a Kenobi movie. As many have mentioned, Ewan is at the perfect age. It would be a shame to not take advantage of this opportunity. Ewan is a known commodity and fans would be delighted to see him.

I also like the idea of another anthology film that is not based on a specific character. Rogue One has proven that such an approach works.

Ricardo Funes, Bor Mullet and kalzeth like this.
  25. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe you do not know the backstory?
    [​IMG]

Glitterstimm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.