main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kenobi : Ewan McGregor in potential Kenobi movie OR series

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Any day now...

2. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    Lol Carlton from Fresh Prince on the guest list

Trikuza23 likes this.
  3. JorakUln

JorakUln Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 23, 2005
    What can i say, i keep it cryptic (until you read my post history)

4. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Problem with Maul is that unless you watched clone wars then you would have no idea how he is even alive, and then of course with the extra history from the clone wars show it could leave casual audiences confused and i doubt they would wanna alienate the casual audience.

There are quite a few directions they could take this really.

kalzeth likes this.
  5. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Kenobi is 100% coming.

6. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I'm so pumped for a Kenobi film. I love Ewan as Obi-Wan. A Kenobi film would be the perfect thing to unite fans right now. I keep saying it, but what an amazing time to be a Star Wars fan!

7. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Now let's get those Joel Edgerton rumors swirling...

GunganSlayer and kalzeth like this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    There’s something in Solo that may be setting up something in Kenobi...

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It would seem so but the final Maul/Kenobi confrontation has already happened in Rebels and it seemed like it was the first time they had met since the Clone Wars (Maul only knew Kenobi was on Tatooine because of a shared vision he had with Ezra and still needed Ezra to draw him out.) My guess is it's just a fun wink at the fans who know Maul built a crime syndicate in TCW.

wobbits, kalzeth and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Perhaps. Though I could see them retconning that, and giving them an earlier confrontation.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    What I could possibly see is Kenobi coming into conflict with Maul's syndicate and wiping it out which leads to Maul's appearance in Rebels. He's lost everything because of Kenobi and has become a wretched hermit on Malachor.

Ren Kylo, wobbits, kalzeth and 2 others like this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I could see that. By the way, do we know if Maul is the one Dryden Vos is referring to when he says: “Do you know who I answer to?”

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    That's what I'm guessing. Maul is Vos' boss and maybe Vos has a chat with him via hologram or something. Damn I just realized this will be the first time we see Maul in live action in almost twenty years!

11-4D, wobbits, Luke02 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    It’s been said before, and yeah it’s cheesy, but this is the best time to be a Star Wars fan.

15. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    This is a time for Disney to correct something from the PT though I think Lucas never thought Darth Maul would be as popular as he was very similarly to how Boba Fett became really popular which he totally wasnt’ expecting either. I think had GL known Darth Maul would have become as popular as he has, he would not killed him off in TPM.

wobbits likes this.
  16. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I'd argue that the best time to be a Star Wars fan was when I was eight years old in 1983 and thought all three movies were mind blowingly awesome and was very happy that the scrappy rebels were able to defeat the Empire...but I hear what you're saying.:p

Ridley Solo, 2Cleva, 11-4D and 2 others like this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    You would say that, as just a regular mustache. My mustache is irregular.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  18. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I would have doubted Darth mual would ever appear in a film again a week ago but something has changed my view on that recently

19. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    George's "tin ear" for dialogue is present throughout all his Star Wars movies. These new movies could use more of that kind as opposed to the rather lifeless emotive that goes nowhere dialogue. When you can combine getting over story, character and emotion all at the same time then you've got something. Not that they are failing badly but they could be doing better.

Well Maul now wasn't killed off in TPM. He came back years ago. There really was no place for him in the prequels outside of TPM. Lucas could have brought him back in AOTC but he didn't really serve that story. An apprentice like Dooku as a stop gap to Anakin made more sense and even if somehow he worked it that Maul was back then he'd still have to be killed quickly in ROTS like Dooku was. For the movies it was far better for Maul to be impactful and remembered rather than be underused across 3 movies then get cut down like Dooku which was extremely good for that character but wouldn't be quite with Maul after TPM.

I have only watched the Maul in Rebels once but I don't recall anything that definitive in terms of timeline. Certainly Maul didn't meet Obi-Wan on Tatooine but if they wanted them to meet somewhere else in the galaxy and have a meeting and a duel with a non-finish where Obi-Wan retreats because that is the best move then I can see that.

One would presume that an Obi-Wan movie starts on Tatooine, some event happens where he has to leave to safeguard his secret (that or either take the Lars off Tatooine which leads to conflicts with Owen) then this leads to some confrontation with Maul whose life goes into ruins again hence his Rebels version.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  20. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I didn't find it as overt in ANH. Perhaps because he was younger and was hanging around Scorcese and others more and didn't have kids then. I know Harrison called him out on it back then but I can look past it more there. Admittedly, childhood nostalgia likely helps. As it does for all of Star Wars depending on the age anyone is when they first experience certain movies. The PT is where it really stood out for me but this isn't the place for these kinds of discussions in-depth. I was more excited by the idea of seeing what Ewan would do with better lines just in general.

And I strongly disagree with you on the dialogue we're getting currently. It's the best Star Wars dialogue we've had since Kasdan in the 1980s and that shouldn't surprise because 2 of the 4 films we'll have had by the end of this month will have been written by him!

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  21. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @The Regular Mustache

100 agree. I was five years old when I saw ROTJ in the theaters during a later afternoon showing opening day (my mom surprised by brother and I with tickets) and I still remember it like yesterday. Star Wars truly did rule the universe from 1977-1983.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  22. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    The one thing I don't miss is the insanely long lines to get into the theater and being overwhelmed with the dread that we weren't going to get in after waiting for what felt like hours.

23. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @The Regular Mustache

Crazy as it sounds, I totally agree. It made going to the movies a true event as you were truly apart of a "social experience". And in my case, I learned a valuable life lesson early on. My parents took me to go see "E.T." when it first came out in 1982 and it is the first movie I truly remember seeing in the movie theater. The line was insanely long obviously and felt like as you said we were waiting for hours. I asked my Dad how come it was taking so long. I will never forget his response, "Getting something special often means waiting awhile for it". Never forget that and quite frankly I wish it was a lesson I teach my kids better.

BTW I thank my Dad years later for that lesson especially when I started having kids. My Dad then admitted to me he has no recollection of that conservation taking place but he does remember us waiting outside in the heat since it was the dead of summer when it came out and like most movie theaters back then you often waited outside since there wasn't enough room inside therefore he wished we were just inside and skip the little life lesson that I remember as a life bench mark but he doesn't remember at all. :)

24. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I am totally stealing that quote for when my kid gets older!

Yep, I totally remember those days of waiting outside in the blazing heat for a movie. It really added to the stress.

Luke02 likes this.
  25. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    OK - Have to ask. Not going to catch up in this thread - but why so much excitement for an Obi-Wan movie when we already know his post-ROTS, pre-ANH story.

He's sitting on Tatooine watching over Luke and kills Maul (again) during the wait.

Why any buzz on this at all?

TheCloneWarsForever likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.