main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books KENOBI by John Jackson Miller: The Official Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Aug 22, 2013.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I've only ever bought one SW hardcover, but that was before I had a kindle. (And it was Plagueis. How do you not buy Plagueis? :p ) Now I do have a kindle, so perhaps I'll read this after I finish Revelation. (I've been doing the whole LOTF, so I figure if Revelation will kill my spirit, Kenobi will rejuvenate it afterward.)

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    This is that kind of thing.

ma_petite and Revanfan1 like this.
  3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Yes. The books with the character's name in the title almost always require reading. The exception being Revan, which was iffy, but I still enjoyed it.

4. Darth Ridiculis

Darth Ridiculis Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 15, 2013
    This just in: "Binks" will be released later this year, written by Vonda McIntyre.

5. Darth Ridiculis

Jul 15, 2013
    My bookstore unknowingly broke the release date on Kenobi I believe, by ordering it from some warehouse and giving it to me as soon as it came in.

6. Darth Ridiculis

Jul 15, 2013
    How is it that you have Razor's Edge? Do you want to give it to me instead while your distracted LOL?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Ouch. I've heard of retailers getting in trouble for that. I remember, back during the NJO, some local book stores here would break the street date by a couple days. When they got replaced by the larger chain stores (like Borders... RIP? lol), that no longer happened because they were cognizant that the publishers would get extremely unhappy about it.

8. Darth Ridiculis

Jul 15, 2013
    Haha, I don't think my bookstore has much to worry about, they're the best local bookstore around... and Borders, which used to take their business went the way of the Sarlacc.

9. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Man the Wal-mart that I lived near used to put them out at least a week early. It was awesome.

I can't stress enough that this book is worth the hardcover and completely worth giving up a few cups of coffee to have the money to buy and read it now instead of waiting. This book will top the list of awards that we do on the forum and earn an Aluminum Falcon in every category it is nominated for. I don't want to spoil anything so I'll go into why specifically I loved it later, but it is pretty much everything I've ever asked for in a Star Wars book.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Considering that Corran Horn hasn't been born yet, that says a lot! ;)

Here, I'll even change my icon in honor of Kenobi.

11. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Oh please stop talking about Borders, you're breaking my heart

12. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Ok you're right. I should've said "Everything other than a Corran/Mirax romance novel". But I'm excited to think that if this genre Western does well and they've already done Horror then maybe Romance will be next!!

13. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Well we had those Clone Commando novels.... some people claim they were romantic [face_dunno]

14. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    The Jedi Prince books are pretty romantic.

RC-1991 and Shadow Trooper like this.
  15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Is there any way to explain why this book is supposedly so good without going into spoiler territory?

16. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i think i pre-ordered this for kindle. I think it is going to be a unique form of eu art that we are all dying for, despite my previous concerns with this vein already ored.

17. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I actually really, really wanted to wear a pith helmet but people told me not to :(

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  19. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

You should go with a French Colonial Army Fez instead. ;)

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  21. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Pre-ordered it this morning. JJM is one of my favorite SW writers so I'm highly anticipating this one.

22. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Other than what has already been said, probably not.

23. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I wonder if Ferus will be mentioned in this book, likewise Siri and Satine.
    Will Obi-Wan meet other Jedi?

24. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    He will meet Jed I. Knight, a local moisture farmer from up in the hills.

jcgoble3, Gorefiend and s65horsey like this.
  25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    And his buddy, Pada-Wan (no relation to Obi-Wan).

jcgoble3, Gorefiend and s65horsey like this.