main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Kenobi by John Jackson Miller

Discussion in 'Literature' started by fett 4, Sep 5, 2017.

1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    With the news of an Obi-wan movie coming out (and unlike the Han/Yoda or Boba Fett movies I'm actually interested in this) I thought I'd give Kenobi a read.

I really enjoyed it, it's a fast page turner and is very much an old school style Western, with Obi wan being the mysterious Stranger ala Shane who rides into town with the Settlers and Sand People as the Cowboys and Indians. It also does the story from everyone else's point out of view rather than Obi-wans which is a nice touch, with the exception of the meditation scenes and which I thought were the books weakest bit, His reaction from Annilean being called Annie to talking with Y'Ark were great.

What I like about the book is that all the characters including the villain all have easy and understandable motivations and goals and it feels like a progression of what is happening, not simply Oh my god what have I done, now im gonna kill some kids type of thing. It develops really well.

Anyway what are other people's thoughts on the book ?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Jedha John

Jedha John Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 19, 2017
    My favorite SW novel. Love the way Kenobi is portrayed. As a novel is only as strong as its villain, JJM creates a very memorable character in Orrin Gault. Gault's speeches to the moisture farmers are very well written. I also love how the novel adds to the tusken raider lore. Genre novels unfairly get a bad rep, but this is a great novel regardless of the fact it is a sci-fi or SW novel.

fett 4 likes this.
  3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I am Duros.

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Get you hence! There'll be no thread contradicting here, ya varmint!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  5. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Fixed :)

6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Not my fault the line was in the book. In the first chapter. JJM had no idea what we were talking about in the original Kenobi book thread.

7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    This really a conversation you want to continue, bub?

[​IMG]

fett 4 likes this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Copy and pasted from the book itself. Page 1 or 2.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    We both know that wasn't what you were going for. ;)