main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kenobi : Ewan McGregor in potential Kenobi movie OR series

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016
    I love the idea of a Kenobi film being about his crisis of consciousness on whether he still has faith in the will of the force and the importance of his mission on Tattoinie. With the galaxy plunged into a chaos he had a direct hand in making, Ben Kenobi struggles with the idea of running away from it all and turning his back on Luke. Of course through the course of the adventure he reaffirms his strength of his beliefs and the idea he must protect and train Luke to redeem for his own father's mistakes. Would give the story great weight and gravitas.

2. Lord Nikon

Lord Nikon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    Kenobi by way of Yojimbo. Easy peasy.

fishtailsam and Gigoran Monk like this.
  3. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Yeah. There's practically no concept that a good director can't turn into a great film. RO proved, IMO, that the smaller, untold and transitional stories can be even more powerful than the primary stories that portray the climactic conflicts. In this context, an Obi-Wan in exile film could be a glorious one-off. I can imagine about a million stories about that time period in my sleep.

ZY-Fighter and Lord Nikon like this.
  4. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    A Kenobi film is such a no brainer - I can't believe they haven't come out an announced it for 2020......

starocean90 and Valairy Scot like this.
  5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I've been seeing rumours on Twitter about the Michael Fassbender possibly replacing Ewan Mcgregor in any Kenobi spin-off!

Don't you dare Mouse! [face_shame_on_you]

6. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    lol

7. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    wtf. that doesn't make any sense.

8. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001

Well it probably does if you are trying to distance George Lucas Star Wars from Disney Star Wars (and particularly George Lucas Prequel Star Wars from Disney Star Wars)

I can't believe Disney would actually go that far but when it comes to the current owners of the franchise, anything is possible...

9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    No, anything isn't possible. This is just #### stirring of the highest order. Seriously.

10. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I thought it was a joke, no?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Maybe because it's not? It's a more complicated enterprise than you may think because the canon doesn't allow for many things between ROTS and ANH. They're quite boxed in. Romance is possible yet problematic as is any kind of action story centred around the Jedi because it would draw the attention of the Empire. As I said before, even an Owen-movie would be easier to do.

Posters should wake up to the reality that an arthouse film about Obi wandering the dunes and speaking to himself will never have mass appeal.

12. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    But... But even the haters liked Ewan.

vncredleader and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  13. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Fassbinder can't do the voice....

14. DarthBeagle

DarthBeagle Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    And just on that how he adopted the name 'Ben' as a cunning disguise! ;)

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

15. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Whenever a new Imperial Commander arrives he has to go into Mos Eisley and wave his hand and Mind Trick them. "No, Ben Kenobi is not Obi Wan Kenobi. People can have the same surname and not be related you know."

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  16. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    If the mouse house replaces Ewan they will loose fans left right & centre it would be a travesty !!!!!!

17. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    another thing i would be pissed about and they can do alot of things I wouldn't be, but replacing Ewan no...

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  18. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I think replacing Ewan in anything live action would cause a riot.

But I doubt they would considering they brought him in to do voice over work for 7.

Baron_Papanerd and ladygrey45 like this.
  19. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    No way would they replace Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan in a Spin-Off. Ewan was too good; and the Fans love him. Heck, even Ewan himself is on the record, saying that he wants to reprise his Obi-Wan Role. [face_plain]

vncredleader and ladygrey45 like this.
  20. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016
    We have no idea of the backdoor negotiations that would need the go into casting Ewan again. It maybe a no brainer but im sure Ewans representives feel the same way and would try to get Disney to offer Ewan an
    deserved sizable paycheck. He's not struggling for acting roles like Carrie and Mark were prior to the new trilogy. He can afford to take the role only if it makes financial sense for him. Rumors of recasting might have been leaked on either side as a negotiating tactic. Who knows at this point.

21. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    1. Ewan wants to do the role.
    2. Disney isn't lacking money.
    3. Ewan is not a dick.
    4. Disney isn't stupid.

22. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I want this more than any other spin off tbh. I would honestly shed a tear to see Ewan reprise his role. It'd be glorious. Script-wise? The movie won't work as well if it's just Obi fighting local thugs on Tatooine. It would have to be more adventurous. I know some people object to Kenobi leaving the desert, but I would absolutely love it.

23. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I agree on this. At this point in time, I'm not particularly excited about the Han Solo Anthology film and I've never quite got what fans find so great about Boba Fett. I'd much rather see an Obi Wan spin-off and a Vader spin-off.

24. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    I think if rey is a kenobi there is deffintley a spin off, but if shes not there still will be this is one of the movies fans want, we know Ewan wants to do it, let this happen!!!!

25. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    i'm sure he left the dessert for a bit during his time there while luke was very small, but he always comes back and watches over him/ gets reports from lukes uncle and aunt.

Deliveranze likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.