main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kenobi : Ewan McGregor in potential Kenobi movie OR series

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    maybe Obi also visited and checked in on Leia

2. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Yeah that's my impression too. I know in the old Last of the Jedi novels, he was doing some stuff on Coruscant, I think, after delivering Luke.

3. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    yeah there are ways to make this film super interesting or maybe its set before he becomes a jedi? but then we couldnt have Ewan so I prefer the later.

TheManFromMortis and Deliveranze like this.
  4. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    They could just recycle any Clint Eastwood western story and set it on Tattooine

Jabba's Thug: "Lars, you gon' sell me this farm you sumbitch!"
    Kenobi (leaning up against a nearby moisture vaporator) "I don't think so"

11-4D and Jolee Bindo like this.
  5. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    no, i have a feeling they will make this more interesting.

6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yes, how exciting to see gangsters go up against a space god.

7. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    This sentence sounds perverted when you read it out loud.

11-4D and Jonipoon like this.
  8. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    I'd love a Kenobi movie that spans the 20 years between ROTS and ANH in a sort of biopic style. You know they'd want to gradually age Ewan into Sir Alec by the end of it...

9. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015

I'd like that, but it needs to have a cool soundtrack and a voiceover, like Goodfellas.

"I was going to be busy all day..."

10. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I'd love to get something slower and more thoughtful out of this in the event it happens, lots of scenes with no music, just the sound of wind pushing the shifting sand and Obi-Wan treading across it, a small moving brown speck against static yellow, selling home the level of isolation he feels.

Valairy Scot and Bail B. Baobab like this.
  11. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    So No Country for Old Men meets The Revenant.

12. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    The Revenant was one of the boringest and most unrealistic "realistic" films I've ever seen. Why does the hero eat raw meat when there's a fireplace right by? Why do they wade through ice-cold water for often no reason? Why is there almost always good weather perfect for shooting a documentary? That movie really talks down to viewers. Couldn't even get the most basic facts about surviving in the wild right. I sure hope no SW movie will ever focus as much on kitschy pictures as the Revenant did.

Di Caprio deserved an Oscar, but not for Revenant.

13. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    I want Obi-wan to know the younger Han Solo, they have crossed paths before, and all Obi-wan did was use the old Jedi mind trick and erased his memories of him. This way, when he encounters him in A New Hope, he knows he's the right man for the job. This way we get a cross over story, a star wars story cross over.

I want to hear Qui-gon talking to Obi-wan in his film.

14. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007

I thought it was weird that Han and Leia would name their son Ben, but then I realized for all we know, Obi-Wan could have visited Alderaan often. He could have been "Uncle Ben" to Leia this whole time. They never cross paths in ANH after all...

11-4D and ladygrey45 like this.
  15. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I'd like to think that, during most of his exile, Obi-Wan was mostly chilling:

[​IMG]

PymParticles likes this.
  16. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016

Not gonna lie, this is actually exactly what I want. Seriously, just make a Western, with Obi-Wan defending the poor townsfolk of some desert backwater from a gang of thugs or even some Imperials.

17. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Another seven samurai remake?

I think I've just seen a Star Trek episode about that, as well as a TCW episode. This story has been copied so much (and mostly badly), that it's time to put it to rest. No more "train the townsfolk to defend themselves against raiders" please.

18. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    With Obi Wan if your raiding the Kurosawa big book of plots it would probably make more sense to go with Yojimbo, have him become involved in a feud between two sets of gangsters(maybe Jabba and a rival of his who can be the main villain who can be killed off) and play them off against each other.

Actually thinking about it in some ways McGregor would be closer to Mifune than Eastwood was in the Dollars films, the latter played the character as a mysterious badass where as Ewan does have more of a twinkle in his eye and a mischievous sense of humour like Mifune.

19. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I agree, that seems like a better pick regarding plots, though I'm still not sure about an Obi in the desert movie. It seems to me like many of these story suggestions would be better suited for an original character or at least a character who doesn't use the force. The Jedi are power-houses compared to all the normal citizens of the galaxy and that's why they're usually involved in galactic events like a war.

20. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    To be fair though whilst there known as "gangsters" you are talking about quite powerful forces capable of controlling entire planets, we never really see what Jabba for example could put together in terms of forces just his personal palace retinue.

One advantage of this would be that you can potentially move away from the standard Imperial design work, Jabba's islamic/chinese influenced designs are not really something I think we've seen used heavily elsewhere in SW.

21. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    How about a combination of Paint Your Wagon and Gran Torino? (set on Tatooine)

22. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015

Yeah, I like that. He could start the movie as a grumpy, middle-aged racist who keeps having to come outside his hut because young Tusken Raiders are throwing stones at his speeder.

23. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    And there's singing. Lots of singing.

24. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

One of the locations in Rogue One that felt like it was really Star Wars was Jedha. Now, imagine a spin-off that included Obi Wan venturing to Jedha on some sort of mission to the temple or to meet a contact .. that would be quite, quite something.

Siphonophore and forever_jedi like this.
  25. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    That is the kind of plot I would like for an Obi-Wan feature. Tie it into the ongoing films as well as the story in-between. Travel off-world from Tattooine and meet and help contacts in the Resistance. Jedha would be a particularly awesome spot for him to visit - it would be a crime not to use that planet again somewhere in the past. And Jakku, long before the Battle of Jakku.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.