main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kenobi : Ewan McGregor in potential Kenobi movie OR series

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    A movie where Obi leaves Tatooine to visit Jedha and Jakku, and maybe to please the PTers, he stops at Geonosis.

Not confusing at all. :)

2. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    I want Obi Wan movie so badly. Hopefully it'll be released after 2020 if 2020 anthology isnt about him.

3. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I would be interested in hearing a soundtrack for the Obi-Wan film scored by The Budos Band. A nine-person instrumental band might be more suitable for the film than having a large orchestra. Their sound is very Ethio-jazzy. Hints of Japanese music in the Obi-Wan film as a nod to traditional samurai flicks might be too on the nose, but I think the inclusion of flute is a great idea for the Obi-Wan score. I like the exotic sounds we hear for Jedha. I think The Budos Band could provide some great atmosphere and stirring tunes for the film. There's plenty of brass, and even flute. Some of the material is on the faster, jazzier, more upbeat side of things, but I think they'd be capable of making something appropriate.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Budos_Band
    A few tracks:

4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    So, GregMcP, we could call that: Kenobi: The Desert Tour (A Star Wars Story) :p

5. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Obi-Wan Kenobi fighting taking down a Tusken Raider rebellion lead by a Force-using Tusken Raider that survived Anakin's massacre.

*Drops mic*

vncredleader likes this.
  6. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Hmm Obi vs force using Tusken, reminds me of something
    [​IMG]

7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Didn't that Tusken Raider end up being Darth Krayt and he's the main antagonist in Star Wars: Legacy like 160 years later or something? Or did I totally imagine reading that?

8. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Nope you are right. it is A'Sharad Hett. Former jedi who became a warlord during the dark Times.

9. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    God the EU is freaking weird

fishtailsam likes this.
  10. Octoballoon

Octoballoon Jedi Knight

Feb 7, 2015
    For me, we already have enough of Obi-Wan as far as feature films go. I'm happy to see an Obi-Wan episode or two in Rebels, but as far as live-action movies go I'd say having an Anthology film solely about Obi-Wan would be like if they were to make a Han Solo movie... Oh. Right.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  11. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Ah c'mon, I liked that story! :)

TCF-1138 likes this.
  12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The Legacy comics (together with Tales of the Jedi) are the only things I really miss from the old EU, and the story of A'Sharad Hett is great - including his encounter with Obi-Wan on Tatooine :)

13. ZY-Fighter

ZY-Fighter Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    I'm a bit late, but anyone suggesting Ewan would be replaced because Disney is trying to distance itself from the prequels and George mustn't have noticed the casting of Mon Mothma and Bail Organa in RO!

TCF-1138 and Gigoran Monk like this.
  14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    ...or Ewan McGregor's voice cameo as Obi-Wan in The Force Awakens.

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  15. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

My theory is that Han decided to name his son Ben, because he felt guilty for dismissing Obi-Wan "Old Ben" Kenobi as a fake. He felt bad ever since learning firsthand from Luke, that the Jedi and The Force are real. Han wanted to make up for it, by paying tribute to the old Jedi, by naming his son after him. ;)

16. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    or maybe in universe Han and Leia called their son Ben because if it wasn't for Leia looking for Ben Kenobi they would never have met in the 1st place. And the outside universe reason could be because Harrison's son is also called Ben.

17. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Wasn't Obi-Wan Kenobi's costume from A New Hope originally supposed to be a Sand People disguise and then years later they retconned it to be a Jedi uniform?

18. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I've never heard that. I think it was just supposed to be basic Tatooine garb. Owen, the Mos Eisley bartender, and a few of the aliens around the spaceport are all dressed similarly. Even Luke's tunic is like a heavily stripped down version of what Ben is wearing. In order to explain this, they later retconned it so that the Jedi are basically wearing peasant clothes in order to humble themselves, although they seem to be wearing the designer version of peasant clothing, made with the finest fabrics and leather.

19. FirstOrder

FirstOrder Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 26, 2015
    The upcoming release of LOGAN got me imagining how cool a similar Kenobi film would be.

20. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Not much of a retcon more of a visual development:

From Obi-Wan in ANH and ROTS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Luke's "proper" ROTJ Jedi outfit as Lucas said. Same place he got the Lightsaber design manual?

[​IMG]

to Anakin's in ROTS:

[​IMG]

So even in ROTJ the influence of Obi-Wan's outfit is there but a military-like almost Imperial neatness and trim which the PT pulled back to the more "monk-like".

Anakin goes towards the Imperial look of Luke.

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  21. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Not gonna lie, I have honestly thought the same.

fishtailsam likes this.
  22. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    I'm really hoping they get together with Ewan to make this happen. He's the perfect age for it at the moment. It'd be a great opportunity to explore the story of Qui-Gon's knowledge as well as other Jedi lore, as a backdrop to what I imagine as kind of a detective story. Perhaps they could also deal with Obi-Wan learning about Anakin's survival and him coming to terms with the idea that he can never be redeemed, despite Padme's dying words. They could explore Luke's childhood experience of 'old Ben' too.

23. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I don't get why Lucasfilm wouldn't make this film. It could be their Wolverine/Logan series.:D
    Old Man Kenobi>Old Man Logan.:p

nightangel likes this.
  24. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    There are actually quite a lot of similarities of course in situation between Logan and Obi Wan, a hero who uses a potentially brutal unbreakable cutting weapon who is hunted by the establishment due to his mysterious powers. I think its rather more questionable whether Disney would allow R-rated SW to be released although you could argue that the budget of an Obi Wan film need not be THAT big.

Personally I tend to think that the advantage of using established characters is actually that you can tell more self contained stories rather than making direct reference to wider events. If you have Han Solo or Obi Wan in a film you don't nesserally need to be making a ton of other references to previous SW films. Indeed if you went a Yojimbo kind of route you could perhaps have Obi Wan turn up as a total unknown to deal with some some gangster/imperial wrong doing un Tatooine

starocean90 likes this.
  25. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Obi-Wan is by far my favorite character from SW, and I would love nothing more than to see an Obi-Wan movie or series. But I really think that it's a bad idea. Obi-Wan spent 18 years by himself on Tattooine watching over Luke. That's a huge sacrifice that pretty much embodies old Obi-Wan. To take that away and say that "yeah, he was a hermit for 18 years, but, he also had adventures" just takes that away. Sorry, but to me, it's just a bad idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.