main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Kenobi's Son

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Silas Nightstalker, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    I think it would be a very interesting twist if Obi-Wan fathered a child at some point in time, perhaps while on Tatooine, and he showed up in Luke's Order. Son or daughter doesn't matter I guess, but I think it would be interesting if he challenged Luke for control of the Order. Of course this would never happen, but it would be so incredibly epic. Skywalker vs. Kenobi Version 2.0!!

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Actually, he had a daughter named Kendalina.

Where do you think she got the name from, and it's obvious that the daughter of a Jedi Council member would be ranked as a princess.

It makes sense. Trust me.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    If Kenobi had a son, I propose he be in the new series. Played by Ewan. Beardless Ewan.

And he shall sing.

4. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    I'm thinking either son or grandson of Kenobi, and he could either be evil, or he could be the one to finally outshine the Skywalkers in the NJO. Imagine the grandson of Obi-Wan Kenobi and the grandson of Anakin Skywalker as a team. Dream Team, all over again, but this time nobody goes insane and gets his legs cut off and left to burn.

rumsmuggler and Valairy Scot like this.
  5. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I do remember once hearing a theory that Mara was Obi-wan and Siri's love child. Can't remember where, though. And it's almost impossible now, with how that one YR book played out.

Does add a new level of meaning to "Ben Skywalker", though.

6. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Numbers also don't work with Mara as Obi-Wans and Siris Daughter, as she was born in the second year of the Empire.

7. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Why do you think they are doing a Kenobi book? It is a western, where Obi Wan Kenobi strolls in like Clint Eastwood/John Wayne, saves a woman in need. He opens up, she feels for him, she has child... Mara or whomever... Mara takes name Jade after her mother, since father disappears.

8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    What if Darth Maul is the son of Obi-wan Kenobi and a time-travelling Asajj Ventress?

8-}[face_skull]

CooperTFN and Zorrixor like this.
  9. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    And here I wanted to make a joke about "Kenobi's Son" obviously being the sequel to "Kenobi"...

10. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I too was joking, however I fully expect Kenobi to have Obi Wan to be rolling round the desert like a Eastwood/Wayne character. Fighting sand people, hutt cronies and the like

DarthBoba likes this.
  11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I like this idea, but Kenobi should have a daughter, who should be in the new series, played by beardless Ewan. She shall sing.

Barriss_Coffee and MandoJoe like this.
  12. Adam_Bosman

Adam_Bosman Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 30, 2007
    I was fully convinced that Darth Krayt would be Kenobi's son. I (obviously) also thought A'Sharad, but hoped the facial tatoos wouldn't be the deciding identifying characteristic. I still think it would have been cooler.

13. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Not so sure about the challenging Luke for control of the Order. I mean what basis would he/she have? Luke & the the other Jedi would all die laughing.

But it would have been an incredible twist to see Luke training someone very strong In the Force. And that person is revealed to b the offspring of Kenobi. It b like bringing a close to another circle. Oh well....

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Touché.:p

I can see it now: Lucas tells us that the films have actually all been based on Kenobi's journey, not the Skywalkers'.

Heero_Yuy and Valin__Kenobi like this.
  15. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Wow! Now that would have been a good twist! Maybe his & ....what was the name of that Mando woman he had a thing with?

16. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I had an interesting question that was sparked by this. When Obi-Wan "retired" to Tatooine, did he continue to be a Jedi? Did he continue to uphold all the old codes and regulations of the Old Jedi Order, or abbandon them? If he did then I wouldn't have any issue with him fathering a child. He had a pretty rough life and definetly deserved to be happy for once.

17. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    What are all the codes and regulations? I don't think there were any for a single Jedi besides "Obey the Force, help those in need, meditate every once in a while, and one-night stands are okay". Obi-Wan shouldn't have trouble upholding any of those.

18. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    No codes or regulations??? Then what is all this?

Those are just a few rules they followed...

19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Obi-Wan + Satine + long mission on Mandalore =
    [​IMG]

20. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012

Wow I never noticed that before. Scary

21. Brenapp

Brenapp Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    Obi-Wan would never father a child; he was always a firm supporter of the law of no attachments/romantic relations. Whether he ever considered that that particular stance may well have contributed to the fall of the Jedi Order, however, is another matter...

22. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    But we do know he has had romantic relationships in the past. Also the Order has already fallen. What would be the point in strictly following the code of a near nonexistent order? I could see him having a family while in exile.

23. jedimaster203

jedimaster203 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    Everybody knows that Kenobi's son is actually a hologram/force ghost of Mace Windu, played by a bearded Samuel L. Jackson.

And he will sing.

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Lucas has said the Jedi were free to pursue sexual relations, just not romantic relations. (Yeah, that's really screwed up, but that's the Jedi Order for you...)

25. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Yep, love 'em and leave 'em. That's the Jedi way.

rumsmuggler and CooperTFN like this.