main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI Kenosha, Wisconsin: Foot Locker Cross Country Regional Qualifier

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_ousley, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Hello, everyone. :)

I'm from Indiana (not currently in a Fan Force due to driver restrictions) but I'm heading up to Kenosha with some of my cross country buddies to run in the Open Race this Saturday.

Is anyone here going to this? Anyone been to it before?

Just thought I'd ask some of you who are pretty close to the region. ;)

2. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I've got a friend who runs cross country here in Madison. However his season is ended now, he wanted me to come to one of his meets but I've been pretty busy here lately...

Forcebewitya!

3. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, my season has been over for about a month now, but this is just an extra thing that we're going to ... no one from our team made it to the national qualifiers.

I've heard the course is really tough ... first mile is straight uphill.

4. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    I just thought: I probably should have posted this in the Mikwaukee ... I'm gonna move it there, feel free to lock this.

5. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    sounds cool, I never heard of it though

6. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Yeah, my season has been over for about a month now, but this is just an extra thing that we're going to ... no one from our team made it to the national qualifiers.

yeah thats what I figured. I could never run a long distance ecspecially up hill...ugh...just thinking about it makes me tired. My friend always wants me to run with him. I'm like umm no. But I give you props for running like that, becuase I sure never would do it. Have fun at the meet.

Forcebewitya!

7. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    I just got home ... I got one of my worst times of the year, but I didn't really care, I just had fun.

I feel sorry for you guys having to deal with that cold ... our hotel was right on Lake Michigan (Holiday Inn Express in Kenosha) and we were freezing. Not to mention that on Friday when we jogged the course was when it was snowing hard.

Oh, and I don't know if you guys get the Journal Times in Madison, but if you do and have one from Friday, my name is in there somewhere for entrants. :p

8. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    We get the Wisconsin State Journal and the Capital Times here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.