main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Kenu's art :3 Animated Droid and Jedi Firestarter woman 11/9

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Kenu, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenu

Kenu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    Ok so like

My old server and hosting went kapuut, so sadly, you can't see most of what is in this thread. You can view a lot of it at http://kenu.deviantart.com until i get my new website up and running... >_< for now, here is my newest, a robot lady person. Woot.

[image=http://digitalarts.bgsu.edu/portfolios/laurad/animate.jpg]

[image=http://digitalarts.bgsu.edu/portfolios/laurad/firestarter.jpg]

2. DkSavior02

DkSavior02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    I like this, there is some very nice detail in Obi-wan, in his robes, and the sunset coming through the large windows is a very nice touch and helps add a lot of mood to the scene with some subtle shadow work. It could almost be views as symbolic if you will.

If I had any suggestions at all, I see a bit of a perspective problem with the lightsaber, either that or I'm seeing it wrong...

3. Kenu

May 22, 2005
    How so?

4. tyratoku

tyratoku Jedi Knight star 1

May 10, 2005
    Is the lightsaber cut in half? It looks like it kind of on the bottem, you can see that obi-wan is sad...anyway, good job!

BTW: for what the one guy said about the perspective, I think it is supposed to be like anakin's, how the tip o' the hilt, one side is longer than the other...

good job! (^_^)

5. DkSavior02

Jun 22, 2004
    "I think it is supposed to be like anakin's, how the tip o' the hilt, one side is longer than the other..."

Oooohh, alright, well I can see that then.

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Welcome, Kenu, and thanks for posting this wonderful piece--it really hit me emotionally, and I think this is what you were going for. Very good use of color for adding to that effect, too--the warm, soft colors and shadows. I really feel Obi Wan's grief here, and I commend your ability to bring that through. Well done! Can't wait to see more!

FF

7. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    Awww, it so sad.

8. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Great drawing, great colours. You've really managed to capture Obi-Wan (My favourite character) with just a few pen strokes.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow...you managed to capture one of the most emotional scenes in Ep3 quite nicely. The look on Obi-Wan's face and the sunset beyond the windows hints at an end of an era. Very nice job! :)

10. ConcordDawn

ConcordDawn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Wow, very, very, very nice! :) It conveys deeps emotions. The only problem I can see is that the pillar's shadow across Ob-Wan is a little too perfect, especially on his arms and face. His sleeve is facing the viewer, so the shadow couldn't possibly be seen there. Other than that, awesome job!

11. Kenu

May 22, 2005
    Wow... thank you so much for your input. ^_^ I usually do far more detailed work, but this was a demonstration of emotion through simple line and color. I'm very glad the feeling gets across to you guys. :) I have a new one I'm working on now, another experiment. I find its scary, but gratifying to do art in ways that you're not comfortable with... so, the WIP is being done completly without contour lines, the opposite of this one :eek:

12. Kenu

May 22, 2005
    I was a little scared to do this... but I love how it came out. Thoughts?

[image=http://blackcatcrossing.ascifi.net/artis/protectthemaster.jpg]

13. TroubledAnakin

TroubledAnakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2004
    I love that picture. It has an incredible depth and energy to it - it almost looks like you're there - except obviously for the stylisedness of it. But it's good like that - I really love it. I particularly like Obi-Wan's pose on the ground, defenceless - but honestly like he just fell there, with the lightsaber daintily balanced as if it honestly is only being kept there by the slight presence of Obi-Wan's limp hand. It is in one word 'wonderful'. Everything I could ever hope for in a pose and an action scene - and pulled off well to boot!

14. Kenu

May 22, 2005
    TroubledAnakin, that made my day. :)

15. TroubledAnakin

TroubledAnakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2004
    Praising wonderful pieces of art is my calling :D I think I'll make it my background for a wee bit.

16. Plo_Koon_Rocks

Plo_Koon_Rocks Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2005
    That recent picture with Ani and Obi is... SWEEEEEEET!!! Love your style. You should make a weekly Star Wars comic strip (one that is not humours of course). With you unique style and amazing talent it would be great.

17. Saju

Saju Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2002
    Love the new one Kenu... But one question: Where's Anakin's right hand?

18. Kenu

May 22, 2005
    I curled it up by his face - look through the lightsabera and at his shadow. I wanted to show that he's good enough to do it one handed O_0 maybe it didn't come off that way...

19. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Very, very nice, Kenu--the action and poses are superb, and the coloring, again, is wonderful. You really have a great style--it's a real treat to see your work here! :D

FF

20. Kenu

May 22, 2005
    awww :3

21. Kenu

May 22, 2005
    [image=http://blackcatcrossing.ascifi.net/artis/kkkenuduel.jpg]

Too much fun. AND YAY I can draw clothing semi decently now.

22. YodaApprentice

YodaApprentice Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    That is so cool! I love your style and how you make the colors look so... colorfullness (not a word, but w/e) What program do you use on your artwork?

I want to see more!

23. Kenu

May 22, 2005
    I use photoshop ^_^

24. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Very dynamic poses and good facial expressions, Kenu--are these characters in a story, or just from your imagination? The little "Jedi" sort of reminds me of Yoda, with his ears flattened out--and I agree, your clothing looks great! :D

FF

25. DkSavior02

Jun 22, 2004
    Very cool. I love the characters flat out, and yes the robes look very nice. It is interesting, all three pics you've posted here seem to have very different looks about them, it's cool to see someone who can work so fluidly in different styles, good work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.