main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Kenu's art :3 Animated Droid and Jedi Firestarter woman 11/9

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Kenu, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    cool pictures kenu, i like your style its really unique, a good balance of details, color ,and posture. I hope to see more from you.
    ~Darth_Arsnl

2. Kenu

Kenu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    Oh wow, I'm so glad you guys liked the last few pieces I put up! I'm glad you note I work with multiple styles - I haven't decided a favorite, so in the meantime, I love to PLAY!

And heres a cute little thing inspired from an IM convo the other night :p

[image=http://blackcatcrossing.ascifi.net/artis/ohdear.jpg]

3. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Great job colouring these! They're very lively and have great contrast.

That comic is hilarious. I always wondered why Sith only seem to use red lightsabers. Maybe they get a discount?

4. Kenu

May 22, 2005
    LOL. Thanks for the feedback! You'd know about colors, since you like... rock. o_O

5. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    LOL! I love the idea of Obi Wan throwing Force lightning, with Anakin just pouting there beside him! Great work!

FF

6. Kenu

May 22, 2005
    Thats me and my own jedi master... ;_; (I LOOK LIKEAGUY!?!>!>!> :p)

And YAY update- [image=http://blackcatcrossing.ascifi.net/artis/shiney.jpg]

And a stupid sketch :p

7. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    Awesomeness! Why didn't I look before?

8. Kenu

May 22, 2005
  9. Spin

Spin Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2005
    That last piece you posted..Yeah..that is just great. XD XD Shiney!!

10. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Anakin's face is hysterical in that one and the little 'Blue and Ghostly' caption for Qui-Gon made me snicker.

Besides being funny, it's a very sound drawing. Nice work on the robes and stylizing the likenesses.

11. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, yeah! [face_laugh] Qui Gon's face is almost a "now you know what it's like to have a padawan of your own, eh?" expression, and goes perfectly with the other two: Obi Wan with his "Oh, *****" and Anakin with that "google-eyed" look! You're so good at capturing an expression! =D= And the drape of the clothing and the shading are great. Another wonderful piece (and we can always seem to count on a laugh when we come to your thread--God Bless you for that! [face_laugh] )!

FF

12. Kenu

May 22, 2005
    Awr. :3 I'm glad I can make you laugh. I honestly didn't like the coloring on the last piece, it was like WHEE FAST DONE PUBLISH TO INTERNET >_< but... ohwell.

Here's a little something... Wow. Kenu. Hasnot. Shaded. A. Sketch. In. Very. Long. Time. With. Real. Graphite. O_O

[image=http://blackcatcrossing.ascifi.net/artis/masterpadawan.jpg]

13. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Beautiful shading! I like the mixture of smooth areas of shading and some crosshatching; it adds a lot of visual interest.

14. Moriarte

Moriarte Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    Wow, I kinda just started looking at the Fan Art board. I really like your style-it's kinda messy but in a controlled fashion. You really carry it well :).

Ciou-See the Sig

15. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    I like what I'm seeing so far, Kenu.

Are all of the pieces in this thread drawn by you or are some just colored by you?

Also, do you use a tablet?

Keep it up,

Otis

16. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    That last picture of yours is excellent. Nice figure drawing, nice depiction of cloth (I always find that hard).

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow, Kenu, this last piece is fabulous! I agree with what everyone's said so far, about the wonderful shading, excellent figure drawing and sense of movement--it's just beautiful! If you haven't done this in a long time, I think you should pick up the pencils and have a go at it again--you're very talented with it! I'd just love to see what else you could come up with, because this is truly excellent! (I'm a hopeless fan of pencil drawing, tho, so I guess you can't really go by me! ;) ) Well done!

FF

18. Kenu

May 22, 2005
    Aw you guys. You're so supportive. I wub woo!

I do all my own coloring and inking and whatnot, and YES I use a tablet! I did mouse painting for a long time, but now I completely recommend the tablet. I don't do alot of real media work anymore, like the graphite, but I do miss it. :) Thanks so much for your comments on the clothing! Cloth and hands are my big challenge right now.

19. Kenu

May 22, 2005
    And! A quirky pen sketch, started in ballpoint and detailed in micron.

[image=http://blackcatcrossing.ascifi.net/artis/youngobi.jpg]

20. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Lol, I love your comics, especially the most recent one you threw up. Those captions go so perfectly with their expressions. It's always nice to see someone with a good sense of humour too. [face_laugh]

--- "Cloth and hands are my big challenge right now." ---

Well, you seem to be doing an excellent job in that department, in my opinion. I like the style in which you draw - all the strokes really bring out the image. Not just with the pen sketch, but even with the drawing of the "Master and Padawan" from prior.

- Suz ^_~

21. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Cloth is quite evil. I feel your pain.

Ballpoint is a difficult medium to get a handle on, so nice work here. I particularly like the boots... I'm not sure why. I think it's the minor stylization of the size of the feet compared to the size of the ankles; it makes the character seem like he has a very solid stance.

22. labpizza

labpizza Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    the micron and the ball point pic is an interesting affect with the two images, combined with your style...all i got for this is WOW!! *___*
    and the master and padawan pic is another WOW PIC! i love this one! you've go such skill with a pencil! skill of which i want =P

23. TroubledAnakin

TroubledAnakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2004
    Excellent work here. I especially liked the comicy image with Qui-Gon (well, because he's my favourite, no da) - but also because of the colours and lineart combination to give exactly the perfect look to the piece. I hope to see more from you soon - in ANy of the mediums you've already used!

Sorry I didn't comment yesterday - I meant to, but my Internet hasn't been running at full speed recently.

More soon! Please!

24. Kenu

May 22, 2005
    Troubled anakin - *blush* thank you :)

labpizza - I... like your username. O_O but YAY! Thanks for your feedback! I like doing whack things with pen and photoshop, like thus.

wicktone - I really love your crits. They are very helpful ^^

your_worship - Aww.... you boost my confidence :)

SO YAY.

And you know that song, the Gwen one where shes like THIS **** IS BANANAS! Yeeees. Thats where this came from >:]

[image=http://blackcatcrossing.ascifi.net/artis/bananas.jpg]

25. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Too funny, Kenu. ;) And just when I thought I'd seen every possible version of the "Sith" thing. Plus, I love Gwen Stefani, so that helped too. Great job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.