main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Kerebuy Hawk down, a NANO novel MMM entry (and fanart)complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Dec 3, 2013.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    “Eat fruit and porridge and you will be cured,” Nelly began to eat her fruit.

I wish all cures would be so easy.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Liked events at the Garnits cottage. Seems like Charlene's cause of death won't raise any suspicions, but they really need to get to work on that droid.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    the wish of a child but she will get a large role in helping ...
    They are going to work on the droid and that will lead to exciting action and cliffies:eek:[face_worried]

Benir-road 15
    Slojuk factory
    The Slojuk factory was situated near the old harbour and only a few blocks away from the airport. It had been a collection of storage buildings on a fenced terrain before Ira Slojuk transferred it into a factory producing liquids for engines as a cover for his illegal smuggling business conducted in one of the buildings that was off limits for all the employees except the ‘lab’ technicians working for him. Empty and full plastbins were stored in wire-mesh hangars. Sliding doors were leading to the production halls. The terrain had two exits.
    Melikas had arrived very early with his girl friend Vicky Padoffi after a nice evening and night. He was in the lab with her when he saw Warren arriving.

“He can begin to load the plastbins with our valuables in the truck,” Vicky Padoffi said.

“There is a stack of plastbins waiting for him just outside the lab,” Melikas gave his girlfriend a friendly pat on her back. “Don’t you worry Vicky. Your stuff will be on the next transport to the corvette.”

Ikraan road 115
    Noranan General Hospital
    IC ward room number four
    “Jesin let me see your eyes, let me see that you are awake. You were quite talkative yesterday when you were guided in our ER.”

Jesin heard the friendly voice of Kaagi Adin again. He had heard it – or was it together with Marhin Adin – when it was telling him to breathe forcefully to get rid of a thingy in his throat. He had done that and had felt a tube leaving and being replaced by a mask on his face and had fallen into oblivion. He struggled to open his eyes.

“Ah yes the salve. Now it’s gone and you can open your eyes for me. Do Jesin. There is no try.”

“Yoda,” Jesin croaked softly and pried open one eye. He noticed that his bed was in a reclining position, turned his head a bit and saw a window and through it a beautiful garden.

“Not Yoda but Marhin Adin it is and now the second eye.”

“You are a bit sleepy I think.”

“Marrhnn,” Jesin tried and opened his second eye, blinking swiftly when he saw two identical green figures standing before the foot end of his bed.

“Yes I am Marhin and I am with my father here in your room.”

“And I am Kaagi.”

“Uhmmm and Halfir,” Jesin listened to a soft hissing and turned his head that way to see a blue green shape. A white ribbed hose was sneaking to a machine and more leads were going to a monitor.

“And Halfir too Jesin,” Kaagi replied. “He is still sedated and doing great. He will be alright. Jago Amaral will come soon to get him out of the sedation.”

“My leg,” Jesin looked down to where his right leg was encased in an – in his opinion – enormous white bandage.

“Your leg is there in a splint and fixed with a plate and pins keeping all the big and small bones together,” Marhin explained.

“Broken tibia, fibula and tarsus held together by surgical steel plates and pins,” Jesin stated with a soft hoarse voice.

“And two broken ribs and slightly bruised innards,” Kaagi added.

“Do you have the engine lubricant for me?”

“Ah something to improve your throat,” Kaagi limped to the nightstand where a lozenge was in a clearplast cup.

“That’s a bad idea dad.”

“Not at all,” Kaagi gave Jesin the lozenge. “He has no time to get very talkative. We have to inspect his bandages. Aradan and Jago are coming and he has to listen to them.”

Jesin had moved the lozenge around in his mouth and felt his throat improving. “What?”

“Halfir needs a lot of rest and sleep and when he has regained some of his strength you have to keep him occupied and can tell him stories as much as you like,” Kaagi explained. “You have followed the first aid course in the Jeditemple and must have some more…”

“I know,” Jesin interrupted. “I studied in the university hospital in Mos Eisley and graduated as a doctor. I will do my work, helping Halfir to recover. Messy will be useful and my box with things. Uh they are here?”

“Chief Arian Culnan brought them yesterday and they are, after the reception called me to get them, secure in my office,” Kaagi replied. “You will get them as soon as Halfir can go to a medium care room.”

“I can stay with him here in the intensive care ward?” Jesin moved his eyes from one Adin to the other.

“You can.”

That was a different voice and Jesin turned to the speaker.

“It is good to see you awake Jesin. I am Jago Amaral and I have quite a history with Halfir Majeski.”

“You have seen him before?” Jesin had a questioning look in his eyes.

“Sure,” Jago laughed. “Halfir and his friend Ivano Arvedai were and are famous for getting in trouble. I will try to wake him now. Kaagi will you assist me?”

“I will but I have to change gloves first,” Kaagi replied and headed to a cabinet.

“He will be ready soon,” Jago sat down next to Halfir’s bed. “I can begin with the dream-sequence.”

tbc

AzureAngel2
    Nyota's Heart

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice to see Jesin awake and coherent :) I'm sure Halfir will be too. They're in for some interesting stories from Jago.

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    They are and the investigators are busy;) some nice quotes are there

Ikraan road 115
    Noranan General Hospital
    Restaurant
    Lanika Calran had brought a patient to the treatment room. ‘Irene didn’t want to go at all. I had to assure her that I will come to take her back to her room. Only it will be a different room in the isolation ward but with some nice touches,’ she mused when she passed the open door of the restaurant in the surgery wing. She stopped when she saw who were discussing the new airspeeder she had heard only minutes ago passing the hospital. Four men clad in lime-green and yellow rescue gear had medevac duty and two of them were arguing.

“Did you hear that? No Jason?”

“Yes.”

“That is the new Zakin works mark four airspeeder.”

“Ah the Zakin. My father has seen it yesterday and can have a go at the controls today after his shift ends. He met the officer responsible for the testing. He and his mate will come in the afternoon after they have ended their shift.”

“With him having medevac duty? I bet that he will be busy when they land there. I will gladly replace him.”

“You are my pilot on the medevac Tim.”

Lanika entered the restaurant and headed to the table of the four.

“Ah Lanika,” Jason greeted. “All went well with Irene?”

“I had to use some persuasion and now I have to make sure that her room in the isolation wing looks about the same,” Lanika replied. “I will ask Leod but that’s not why I am here. Yesterday evening my dad came with great news…”

“You can use the Zakin works,” Jason began but felt a finger on his lips.

“No impatient sweetie,” Lanika smiled. “Dad has signed the contract for Dashin-street 2. We are now the…”

“Owners of Dashin-street 2 and near our husans in the stable of the Keranan family,” Jason took Lanika in his arms and kissed her. And he saw Tim Dereika giving a mischievous wink with his left eye to Kevin Kaol and Jay Dalair. The team was up to something. He had invited them for the marriage and that meant coming to the bachelor party as well.

“And did you,” Lanika smiled between kisses.

“I have sent a real letter to Master Eled-Hir,” Jason said.

“Oh my,” Lanika beamed. “We will have a real Dunai elder ceremony.” The awed look on three faces was priceless. To have one of the great Dunai elder leaders coming to the party was impressive.

Park Avenue 12
    Noranan Police station 1
    “Nelly will have a lot to tell today,” Steve grinned when he entered with Melko the office of inspector Bret Chedokin.

“Steve, Melko, what did you do,” Bret looked up. “You are a bit late.”

“We brought Nelly to school in the air-speeder after taking a scenic route and doing,” Melko began.

“Some stunts,” Steve continued. “With his pittin-fur hair like Steelman he had to act the part. He took the speeder to the hospital and landed on the playground to the delight of the children. And the landing at the school was equally funny.”

“I see,” Bret laughed. “I like your new looks… both of you… Steelman and the scruffy master redecorator are…”

“Redecorator,” Steve fingered the growing stubbles on his right cheek. “Ivano told you things from our teenage days?”

“He did and don’t redecorate the freshers here,” Bret grinned. “You are ready for action?”

“We are if you have some results,” Melko eyed his partner. “And you have to tell me about those redecorations.”

“I will but first Reed.”

“Danil Reed will have the results at ten,” Bret said and began to tell more about his visit to Baxter. He was ready when the shy man came in.

“I was able to get DNA-samples from the droid,” Danil Reed began after being introduced to Steve and becoming less shy because he felt at ease and saw three men really interested in his work. “One sample revealed a Dunai elder male, probably the pilot. Two were from human males. And yes the droid was rigged to disintegrate. That’s why the circuits were gone from the head. I have the circuits now in a test-rig in the lab. You can follow me if you like.”

“And we have the datapads to compare the voice commands,” Steve saw the bag from Wismer and his pad on Chedokin’s desk.

“All can be done on our super-rig,” Danil began to smile.

“Super-rig?” Steve had his eyebrows crawling up to his hair.

“You and your toys,” Melko turned from Danil to Steve. “You will see what Danil has made. Pick up your datapad and let it be assimilated by his super-rig.”

“Assimilated?” Steve reached for his datapad and saw Bret taking the handbag and leaving his office.

“Resistance is futile,” Danil laughed and snatched the datapad away before Steve could get it and hurried after the inspector.

“We are ready,” Melko shouted the action cry of Steelman and followed.

“Steelman to the rescue of my datapad,” Steve hurried after the three.

tbc

@AzureAngel2
    @Nyota's Heart

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Love your quotes ;) Lanika with Jason :D --sweet! Intriguing results. I have a feeling the voice recordings will be even more

7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “Steelman to the rescue of my datapad,” Steve hurried after the three.

And I hurry after your updates. From Wednesday on I will be without internet for a while, dear!

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    they are revealing more
    Hurry with your moving and internet will soon be there again;)

Ikraan road 115
    Noranan General Hospital
    IC ward room number four
    “This has happened many years ago, three hundred and ninety nine years and some months to be precise.” Jago Amaral grinned when he saw the smiling and understanding looks on the faces of the two Adins, like him holding hands on Halfir’s forehead.

Kaagi was sitting. This way he could give relief to his left lower leg encased now in a brace.
    Aradan was standing next to Jesin’s bed.

‘Is this a dream?’

“Yes Halfir and I am helping you to get awake.”

‘Ah yes the hospital and you are Jago Amaral.’ Halfir moved his tongue and felt a solid thing in his mouth. He tried to exhale.

Beeweep beweep

“Halfir, don’t try to breathe on your own,” Jago said and heard some noise in the other bed.

Jesin was moving his bed in a more upright position to have a better look at his friend.

“You are on a ventilator to aid your ribs,” Jago said.

‘A what?’ Halfir tried to inhale.

Beeweep beweep

“A breathing machine,” Jago explained. “If you open your eyes you can see a hose.”

‘To get rid of,’ Halfir exhaled forcefully.

Beeweep beweep
    Beeweep beweep

“Halfir stop that noise and let the ventilator aid you in healing,” Jesin shouted. “You have broken ribs.”

‘Jesin, you are here?’ Halfir felt the air leaving and entering his lungs and stopped resisting what was inevitable.

“Jesin is here Halfir and will keep you company during your stay in the hospital,” Jago said.

“Yes Halfir,” Jesin smiled. “I am here for you. We will leave the hospital together after our full recovery.”

‘I will make a full recovery?’

“Yes Halfir, you will make a full recovery and Jesin too,” Jago began to tell more with Aradan, Kaagi and Marhin adding the details.

Park Avenue 12
    Noranan Police station 1
    Steve saw his datapad being placed on the glassy surface of a table. But with Danil Reed headed to another very impressive machine next to a large view-screen and entering commands he just waited.

“The disintegration of the droid-head didn’t affect the circuits. I could integrate the memory-chip in my machine,” Danil pointed to a chaos of wires and the enlarged picture on the view-screen. He began to type in commands. “Just hear and see.”

All became clear to the officers when they listened to the voice commands from the memory-chip. They were from a male voice.

“No,” Melko shook his head. ‘Wismer had a high pitched voice.”

“Now we know that Wismer had help,” Steve remarked. “What’s on Wismer’s datapad?”

“I will do your datapad first Steve because it has a good recording chip,” Danil took two steps back to his table and moved his hands over the surface.

Steve saw a glow around his datapad and heard the recorded information. “Only Wismer and Shenovic,” he grumbled “now I know why the lawyer was behaving rude against me.” He was awed. He had seen sophisticated devices during his long career but the ‘super-rig’ was entirely new to him.

Danil had donned blue gloves and extricated the datapad from the handbag. “Now let’s see what this one will offer.” He placed it on the table.

Only the conversation with dispatch and her insurance company was heard.

“Strange. She must have erased all conversations,” Danil began to tap on the table. “Yes her tele-company and now linking to their computer and look.”

“Hey that’s the droid pattern,” Melko observed.

“Look at the time,” Bret became very interested.

Danil linked the super-rig to more systems using his clearance codes and the landing of the Kerebuy Hawk as recorded by the control room became visible. “I can get more from her tele-company.” He had now a history of the last month on the view-screen. He highlighted names. “Amos Slojuk appears a few times.”

“He owns a factory and uses plastbins,” Bret remarked when the location and pictures appeared on the screen. “Let’s see what he was doing.”

More was revealed including an invitation to a celebration in a restaurant.

“Wismer was asking Slojuk to help her,” Melko grumbled. “Can you get more from Slojuk?”

“I am connecting this and this,” Danil had his hands flying over the table. Calls between Slojuk and Wismer but also with others became visible. “Selecting males.”

“Nine males,” Bret remarked when he saw the ID-pictures of nine humanoids on the view-screen. “That’s the fast-food shop owner and he is an employee at the airport. Scrap those.”

Seven ID-pictures were left.

“I will compare the voice commands of the droid-brain,” Danil added the droid-commands.

Seven voices were compared until one ID-picture became enlarged showing a bald man with tattoos on his bare beefy arms. Melikas was huge and strong looking.

“I have your suspect Melikas. He is working for Amos Slojuk,” Danil had a big smile on his face. He began to concentrate his research on Melikas and could produce a set of data on the screen. “I can trace his datapad. He has used it today for his wake-up call and a visit to the fast-food shop before heading to Benir-road fifteen, the Slojuk factory.”

“We need a reason to enter the factory,” Steve was memorizing what he saw on the screen.

“Felaron will be busy in the rubble of hangar fifty seven,” Bret took his datapad.

“No need for that,” Danil had his hands on the table and after a few minutes the masked face of Erdin Felaron appeared on the screen. Another masked man was in the background.

What’s up guys?

“Do you have a secure com?”

I do.

Bret began to tell about the research and ended “do you have evidence about the owner of the plastbins?”

Hmm, I have seen him and more owners of plastbins coming here with their insurance companies. All the companies dealing with Wismer were invited by the airport-authorities. One guy even wanted to enter the rubble. Ivano here asked him if he was immunized against smoke inhalation and he left to join the others in the conference room. I am now ah yes headed to a melted plastbin. It needs more investigation but yes you can say that some have come from the Slojuk factory. You can have a reason to visit said factory. Just ask for the scheduled transports. Uh Bret; can you come here with some techies from your lab?

“Yes Erdin,” Bret replied and turned to Danil “are you in for some excitement?”

“Sure inspector Chedokin,” Danil beamed and rushed to a workbench to pick up his impressive set of tools and stored them in two bags. “We will identify Slojuk owned plastbins.”

“Now we have a reason to question Melikas,” Melko began to head to the exit. “Come Steve.”

“Take caution,” Bret warned. “He can have unfriendly friends.”

“We are paying a friendly visit and just asking questions about plastbins,” Melko grinned.

“And ending those friendly questions with those about a battle droid and bring him here to a cell for some more unfriendly questions,” Steve added and offered “send SWAT teams with us and keep them out of sight.”

“I sure will with your reputation of chasing suspects and wrecking things,” Bret said. “Four teams are all I can order at the moment. I take the fifth team. I have to see what Erdin has found. Danil we need fatigues.”

“The lab-truck has those,” Danil walked to the door lugging his things.

“I will help you,” Bret took one bag and began to order the SWAT teams.

tbc[face_worried]

@AzureAngel2
    @Nyota's Heart

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great stuff with Halfir & really cool stuff with the investigating.

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and the investigating leads to a cliffie [face_skull]:eek:

Benir-road 15
    Slojuk factory
    Melko had heard all about the fresher redecoration and knew now more about Steve’s childhood friends Ivano, Jilan and Halfir. He had parked the speeder near the entrance of the factory and was waiting with Steve for the arrival of the last SWAT-unit. Two of the units – each unit was two officers – were at the back of the fence and one near their speeder. He was – like Steve – wearing the coms-equipment with a mike attached to a breast-pocket and a wire leading to a headset in his left ear.

Ten zero ten two delayed.

“Copy that ten two,” Steve toggled his com when he saw one of the sliding doors opening.

Three men were coming out and sipping from mugs.

“Come Steve,” Melko pointed to the employees taking a caf-break. “We can ask for Melikas.”

“Ten zero going in,” Steve tapped his mike and followed Melko. He stopped before the gate and waited for one of the men to come towards them. He sensed no malice at all.

“Greetings officers.”

“The caf smells good,” Melko had a big smile on his face when he indicated the mug. “We are from police station one and here for a few questions after the incident at the airport you see. We have been in contact with your boss. Can you tell me where uh Melikas has his office?”

“I am Jon Lasky and one of the foremen,” the man opened the gate. “Melikas is one of the lab-technicians and not one to socialize with us the liquid sloshers. He is a bit weird and scary just like his girlfriend Padoffi. She uses old plastbins to practise her shooting skills. I don’t work with them and don’t ask questions. Is it something about the plastbins from us that were stored in hangar fifty seven at the airport?”

“Yes,” Melko said.

“Mr Slojuk ordered us nine days ago to transport the bulk of our filled plastbins to hangar fifty seven. We all had to help,” Jon Lasky explained. “You don’t need me?”

“A lab will be easy to locate,” Melko said.

“It is near the back fence.”

“Don’t let your caf get cold,” Melko started for the open door and entered with Steve.

They passed a room with tables where more men and women were sitting and a caf-machine. Friendly greetings were exchanged. They crossed an alley and entered the first large hall stashed with canisters, containers and wire-mesh plastbins.

Melko sniffed when he passed the large stacks of plastbins and whispered under his breath “those are filled with oils and more smelly stuff.”

“Explosive stuff,” Steve was equally low voiced when he indicated a hazard sign on a metal container.

Men working in the hall were going to the front for their break. None was fitting the description of Melikas. They passed production units, inspected various rooms seeing no one and reached after crossing a large stretch of terrain dotted with wire mesh hangars with stacks of plastbins and rubble the next building to inspect near the back. It was the laboratory by the looks of the signs on a wall. A brown colored truck of the same type used to collide with the Kerebuy Hawk was parked on the terrain. A man was using a loadlifter droid to load a plastbin in the back of the truck.

“That’s a thirty one,” Steve gave a code to indicate the size of the truck.

“Yes and a twin of the truck that collided with the freighter,” Melko added. “Melikas isn’t there but maybe in that building.” He saw only a row of rather dirty windows and surmised that the entrance was around the corner.
    They passed more stacks with plastbins before coming to the door.

“Ten four and ten three are there,” Steve indicated a row of parked speeders.

“Nice hiding place behind those plastbin hangars,” Melko grinned “and no daring jumping stunts for them with the low fence.”

They entered through a door with various warning signs. A corridor had doors on left and right.

A door to the left was open to a room filled with plastbins, a tow-truck and transport-carts. Two persons were working there.

“Shall I ask him?” Steve indicated the man bent over a plastbin. “He is bald and fitting the description of Melikas.”

“There is another in the back of the room,” Melko whispered.

Steve saw the light coming from windows at the far end of the room highlighting a woman – with her back turned – busy with something he recognized. He took his blaster that was set on stun, grabbed a set of handcuffs from his belt and whispered “she is working on a battle droid. I will take her companion first. Cover me.”

“You know that we are one SWAT short,” Melko took position near the door and had his blaster ready.

“I do but Melikas and that one there are the only ones radiating malice. We have to get Melikas first before continuing to his companion,” Steve voiced almost inaudibly.

“We can get her the same way,” Melko indicated. “We have enough cover and back up with the teams at the back. Get Melikas without that one noticing at all and we have both suspects. You know what Lasky said about practising on plastbins.”

“I do. The woman may be dangerous.”

Ten four coming to your place. We see a thirty one truck to the right.’

Steve tapped his mike and saw the woman near the window looking outside. “Keep low ten four. We are going to get two suspects without those suspects noticing that.”

Ten three zeroing in on your signal and holding back.’

Steve headed in with very silent steps and approached the bent over man. He reached with the opened handcuff to the right hand of the man. He had to follow the arrest procedure and whispered “Noranan Police. You have to come with us Melikas and tell us about your modified battle droid.”

That had an unexpected result.
    Melikas turned lightning fast towards Steve and swung the piece of precious metal he had been about to hide in the plastbin towards the officer’s right cheek. He shouted “Vicky” and kicked hard with his left boot against Steve’s right shin. He ran to the woman.

“Oww.” Dropping the cuffs Steve backed down, fired his blaster at the running man’s back and saw in the corner of his starry vision the woman turning and pointing a blaster-rifle to him and firing it. He dove towards one of the plastbins, firing another shot at the man. But a jaw that had fractured and hurting shin made him slow. A fiery hot sensation passed through his left shoulder and left upper arm, followed by an even more gut wrenching pain in his left leg and guts. He went down moaning an anguished cry when he toppled face down on his abused jaw that began adding more pain to the fire coursing through his body.

Melikas – useless left arm from the stun effect in his left shoulder hanging limply – shouted “Vicky evac” when he limped towards her. The second stun bolt had hit him in his posterior.

For Steve it was as if he had arrived in the seven hells of Corellia. Shots fired by Melko added to the noise of more blaster shots, slugs hitting metal and duracrete and breaking transparisteel. Faintly he heard Melko “Officer down.” In seconds the mission had taken a wrong turn.

Noranan air- and spaceport
    Conference room
    “Now what,” Amos ‘Sly’ Slojuk muttered very softly when he felt his datapad activating with a pre-programmed code sequence. He had – after guiding his father to the corvette in hangar ten – headed to the conference room where he met more owners of plastbins stored at hangar fifty seven. He had heard the excited talk and complaints and had added some of his own. The late Miss Wismer had been negligent in transporting the plastbins to their destinations. The insurance companies were not pleased either and one man had even called a lawyer.

“What?” the man sitting next to Amos whispered. He was Slojuk’s pilot.

“I need a break,” Amos stood up and headed to the caf machine in the back of the room. He had to act inconspicuous.

The pilot joined his boss after a few minutes, ordered caf and whispered “the corvette is ready to leave.”

Amos emptied his cup and walked to the area where freshers were located. He saw his pilot leaving and starting towards the corridor leading to the hangars.

tbc[face_worried]

@AzureAngel2
    @Nyota's Heart

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh :eek: [face_nail_biting] A cliffie for sure! =D=

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and followed by another (and you will see Mikja in a future post)

Benir-road 15
    Slojuk factory
    “Officer down,” Melko shouted. He had kept his cover and had fired his blaster at the limping man, headed to the back where Vicky was blasting the windows before jumping out with the graceful leap of a pittin. He saw Melikas following a bit awkward because of his stunned parts and crawled – taking caution – towards Steve. Seeing only deactivated battle droids left in the room he hurried to his fallen partner shouting in his mike for the SWAT teams “I am in the building with the blasted windows. Help us. Follow those sleemo’s in their Bantha poodoo truck.” He saw pain filled eyes opening. “Steve, stay with me. Help is coming.”

Ten three to dispatch. Officer down Benir-road 15

Ten two arriving. Truck crashing through the gate. Following suspect.

Ten one following the truck. Caution, the truck is a thirty one. Set up roadblock at Lenel-road.’

“Steve do you hear that,” Melko gripped the right hand of his partner. “They will arrest those sleemo’s.”

“Oww sht… st… steelmmhan,” Steve whispered with a pain filled voice.

“Yes Steve hang on Steelman is there to protect and rescue you,” Melko had a forced smile on his face. The sound of running feet on breaking transparisteel had him looking towards the window. An officer of SWAT ten three was there and another was climbing in.

“A medevac is coming. I will head to the door and Kerin will come to your place.”

“Steve stay awake,” Melko squeezed the right hand. “Jacco will be here soon with medics. Kerin is coming now.”

“Oww.”

“That’s good Steve,” Melko heard Kerin Behanzin rushing to him.

“Hey Steelman to the rescue,” Kerin ruffled for a moment Melko’s hair, knelt down next to Steve, took one look at the injuries and placed his hand on the forehead of Steve to add his Dunai elder strength. The injuries and blood loss could lead rapidly to shock.

“Steelman will tell a tale,” Melko saw closing eyes and moved the right hand he was holding.

“Steehmhnn aahnd wizzwrd,” Steve opened his eyes. “Huwt… oww.”

“I know you are hurting Steve. Wizard Kerin is helping me the Steelman and we were on a mission to a nice place,” Melko began.

“Now sow nwice,” Steve mumbled.

Remains of Hangar fifty seven and Conference room
    Bret and Danil had arrived ten minutes ago at the site and had donned full fatigues when they were briefed by Erdin and Ivano. None expected to find evidence of importance but they were soon examining rubble.
    Danil Reed had gleaming eyes when he could use his equipment. Traces of chemicals were identified by him.
    The two officers from the SWAT team were just outside the perimeter of the hangar. They had taken the Zakin works mark four airspeeder.

“Trouble Inspector Chedokin,” Danil shouted. Moments ago his modified and normal looking datapad had begun to vibrate in the pocket of his fatigues. He whipped it out and continued “Officer down at Slojuk and ten two and ten one are following a thirty one truck.”

“And Slojuk is there in the conference room,” Bret waved towards the two officers of his SWAT team giving a silent order. “Follow me Danil. We have to arrest the leader of the gang.”

“Need help?” Ivano looked up.

“Follow me,” Bret released the straps of his BA-gear, dropped it and began to run with Danil and his officers towards the main building. A thirty one code indicated that the truck was a heavy one and of the same size that had collided with the Kerebuy Hawk. He was unsure if the officers pursuing the truck could stop it before it reached the airport.

Erdin remained and was soon busy with the BA-gear sets to silence the motion alarms.

tbc[face_worried]
    @AzureAngel2
    @Nyota's Heart

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= Yup, they need to hurry.

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    who is hurrying? will someone escape? find out in the next post;)

Ikraan road 115
    Noranan General Hospital
    Hangar
    Jason had been busy in the cockpit of medevac one when his pager alerted him and being near the pilot-seat he plopped down in that seat and reached with one fluent movement to the ignition switch and the coms. “MDC med one here.”

Incident at Benir-road 15.’

“Leaving when ready,” Jason saw Kevin Kaol and Jay Dalair rushing to the medevac followed by Tim Dereika and bundling all in through the slide door. “And that’s now.” He powered up the engine and used the controls to hover the medevac towards the opening doors.

“I am flying back,” Tim reached for his harness.

“In the back,” Kevin grinned and helped Tim to secure the harness before getting his and feeling Jay helping him.

“No there,” Tim – now secure in his harness – saw the opening doors whizzing past the window of the medevac and pointed towards the pilot-seat. “What he is doing is madness.”

“Not madness but getting us there in ten minutes,” Kevin grinned.

Amos Slojuk peeked out of the fresher room to see if he could head to his transport. He saw two men wearing fatigues entering the conference room and two armed police officers baricading that door.

“Is Mr Slojuk present? We have found evidence that his plastbins were destroyed.”

‘My plastbins,’ Amos thought ‘they are concerned about who are the owners of the plastbins.’ He left the fresher and walked towards hangar ten and heard very faint “And there was an inci…” before he reached the door to the concourse of the main passenger building. Here he could get lost in the crowd. He started to walk to his corvette in hangar ten.

tbc
    @AzureAngel2
    @Nyota's Heart

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= =D= Like the urgency in both scenes.

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More to come in the next scenes;)

Ikraan road 115
    Noranan General Hospital
    IC ward room number four
    Jesin had listened to Aradan and Jago telling Halfir all about his injuries. He had remained silent, quite unusual for him according to the Adins.
    But Aradan knew. He had helped to change bandages on Jesin’s leg and had seen Jesin follow every move when he began to inspect Halfir’s wounds.
    Jago had kept in constant touch with Halfir, explaining all to him.
    Halfir gave a sign through his bond with Jago.

“Halfir is sleepy and we will let him,” Jago voiced what Halfir was telling him.

“Ah yes,” Jesin began. Now he could ask the question that had been wandering in his mind for some time. “Can Messy be stationed here?”

“Uh,” Marhin began to grin. “We will be bending the rules about gifts and foreign objects in the ward but we can put him through decon. But why do you want him here?”

“He can help as a nurse,” Jesin said. “He doesn’t tire and can watch us. Plug a cable in the monitor and connect it to Messy and you will have an extra nurse.”

“Alright,” Kaagi laughed. “I will love the silence in my treatment room with Messy gone. You see he is holding endless conversations with my astromech Beesie. Shut up doesn’t work when the astromechs help each other to circumvent the code.” He stood up with Marhin aiding him.

Conference room
    “Mr. Slojuk was present minutes ago,” a woman stated. “He was sitting next to me and stood up after mumbling something about taking a break. And another man – I think his insurance official – left too.”

“Thank you for your information,” Bret nodded and saw Ivano coming in with a noticeable limp. He stomped to where Danil was explaining to an airport official about the found evidence.

“The culprit’s gone?” Ivano joined them.

“Yes and I don’t know where,” Bret grumbled and turned to the SWAT team. “We have to split forces. Mark go with Paul to parking control and find out where this man has parked his speeder. I will head with Ivano to control. Mr. Slojuk might have planned his escape and I intend to find out.”

“I can help Mark and Paul with this device to find the speeder,” Danil had again his datapad out of his fatigues. “And I will have a direct link with your datapads.”

“Go with them,” Bret headed to the exit with Ivano following.

“Kriffing foot,” Ivano grumbled when he limped towards the police inspector.

Bret had waited for him at the elevator leading to the control room and said when he entered the elevator “SWAT ten one crashed when it tried to stop the peedunkey truck at the roadblock. Ten two had to protect a school-bus going with children to the harbor when the karking sleemo almost collided with the bus. I am glad no one got hurt.”

“In short,” Ivano muttered “we have now only those guys here at control to keep Slojuk here. We need to close down all hangars. You could have gone ahead.”

“No Ivano. I don’t know who the supervisor is today. Two commanders will make the difference.”

tbc

@AzureAngel2
    @Nyota's Heart

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a new cliffie

Benir-road 15
    Slojuk factory
    Med one was fast.
    Jason dropped the medevac between two wire-mesh hangars when he saw the waving hands of a police officer. The place was remarkable free of rubble. And he saw why. Employees from the factory had been using tow-trucks to move plastbins out of the way.
    Kevin and Jay had the sliding door open before the medevac came to a stop and began to guide a stretcher stashed with equipment out when Jason jumped from his place.

“Add the pressure bandages and a vac splint,” Jason said.

Tim Dereika threw the packages on the stretcher. “I will have her ready to leave.”

“This way,” the police officer had the door open.

“Follow us Mannock with the stretcher,” Jason saw the name tag on the uniform. “We need all the help we can get.” He ran inside, pulling from the pocket of his uniform a pair of blue gloves and started to don them. “Kevin ready two large bore IV’s.”

Kevin ran along with the stretcher, guided by Jacco Mannock and Jay Dalair and had the medkit open. He ran ahead after gripping the two packages with saline-IV and lines in his hands and came to a stop next to the kneeling Jason.

“Left hand,” Jason had swabbed the hands, took one of the offered sets and found to his great relief a vein. He inserted the canule in the right hand and knew that Kevin was doing the same with the left hand.

“Owss eewlmn,” Steve mumbled.

“I was telling him a story about Steelman and it kept him awake,” Melko gave a relieved sigh.

“Steelman,” Kevin looked up for a moment after attaching the line and bag and had a smile on his face. “Ah you can hold this Steelman. You are looking the part with that crew-cut.”

“And this,” Jason gave his IV-bag wondering who Steelman was. He started to examine his patient.

The stretcher with Jay and Jacco arrived.
    Kevin cut away clothes and attached monitor leads and a pulse ox-monitor.
    Jay guided an oxygen mask over nose and mouth.

Jason took one of the pressure bandages from the package. “I suspect a broken femur.”

Kevin lifted the left leg and Jason helped with Jay to guide the bandage around the thigh.
    The three Dunai used their powers to keep the thigh motionless and their patient as free of pain as possible.
    The vac splint came next. A second bandage was taped to the abdomen and a third around the left arm. Two bandages were used on the left shoulder.

Jason was very glad to hear the loud grunts and said when he was ready “this will hurt a bit more. We are going to lift you on the stretcher and be as gentle as possible.”

“Wuwse twe fowce awain,” Steve grunted. “Yu can.”

“I will,” Jason grinned and was only a bit surprised when he felt officer Behanzin helping him. Now he knew why his patient was lucid and not in shock from blood loss.

Steve landed very softly on the stretcher and was secured by Kevin and Jay.

“He was hit four times by particle slugs from a blaster rifle,” Kerin Behanzin took the monitoring equipment and oxygen-tank in his hands.

“Ready, go,” Jason had one hand resting on the right shoulder of his patient, assuring him all the way to the medevac. “You will be alright. I will treat you and dig out those particle slugs. You will recover fully Steve and hear more stories about Steelman.”

“Wizzwwawd and fwaiwies,” Steve mumbled when he was guided inside the medevac.

“Hop in Steelman Garnits,” Jay took the two IV-bags and hooked them to the supports attached to the roof. He sat down next to the stretcher and Jason and Kevin.

“Go Melko,” Kerin urged. “I will secure the evidence and meet the inspector.”

Melko hurried to the place next to the pilot and was securing his harness when the medevac lifted.

“I will beat your record Guyet,” Tim laughed. “With Steelman next to me I can do it.”

‘I will ask Lanika who Steelman is,’ Jason thought. He reached for the com and began to relay the vitals to MDC. Finished with those he asked MDC to alert surgeons Kerebuy and Maerhin because both had a vast knowledge on battle wounds.

Control room
    “Close those doors of hangar ten,” Bret said with a soft but commanding voice. On his datapad he had seen a short message from Danil that Slojuk’s speeder was found. “Danil has found out that Slojuk owns a corvette parked in hangar ten.”

“We cannot,” Tim Pioan began.

“We can,” Felix Metfor said with a soft voice when he saw Kelly Slade reaching for a red switch and turning that. She was taking responsibility for the wrecking of a door and a transport. “Now Tim. Push switch ten and switch override on my command. Three, two zero now.”

Great doors began to close, descending towards the hull of a Corellian corvette hovering out of the hangar.

tbc

@AzureAngel2
    @Nyota's Heart

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= Great rescue and aborted escape

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    aborted? [face_skull]

Tarmac and corvette
    “It is a wreck and we don’t need it anymore,” Warren steered the truck – damaged after evading a roadblock and pushing a patrol down the embankment – to the fence that was separating them from the road and the tarmac.

“And we are just in time,” Vicky grumbled. “Head that way Warren. Our ride is leaving.”

“Not without us,” Warren barreled through the fence and steered towards hangar ten where the hovering corvette was just beginning to pass the doors.

The corvette stopped after escaping the closing doors. A cargo-hatch started to open.
    Melikas, Vicky and Warren jumped from their truck, ran to the open cargo-hatch and were inside when the corvette started upward. They had to hang on to straps used to secure cargo when the pilot had the corvette in a sharp climb.
    The three made their way into the passenger cabin and sat down in the cushioned seats.

“Up and away,” Melikas was fumbling one handed with his crashwebbing when he saw Amos Slojuk turning towards him.

“Your message saved me,” Amos said. “Two officers were coming to the conference room and asking for me. Their armed goons were blocking the exit. They have found evidence in the rubble from our plastbins.”

“And they traced the conversation between Wismer and you and found out about me,” Melikas remarked. “Those sleemo’s had more brains than I thought.”

“They traced you only,” Vicky reached for the crashwebbing of Melikas after closing her own. “I lost all my equipment except my blaster in the truck thanks to the kriffing koochoo but I managed to slug one of them.”

Entering hyperspace for the first jump towards the Moniron nebula.
    That came from the PA-system.

“Only one more difficulty to navigate and we are free,” Vicky gave a relieved sigh. “Coruscant here we come.”

“And we have enough stored aboard to supply you with new blasters,” Amos gave Vicky a package.

Seeing Melikas giving her a wink with his left eye Vicky opened it and put the ring with the expensive gemstone on her finger. “My wedding present,” she gave him a kiss.

Ikraan road 115
    Noranan General Hospital
    Treatment room Kaagi Adin
    Beep iii ppp iii ppp iii I p po pi pi pi piwiiip
    Twiiip iiii pppiii.

“It is a beeping screeching concert,” Marhin put his fingers in his ears when he followed his father – now in his wheelchair – inside the room.

“Beesie shut up,” Kaagi shouted above the ruckus.

“It doesn’t work dad,” Marhin shouted.

“Maybe this will work,” Kaagi turned the wheelchair towards Messy. “Messy, guide me towards Jesin and Halfir in the intensive care.”

Beesie stopped his bleeping and began to extend a grappler towards the handle-bar.

“Not you Beesie,” Kaagi turned his head to the astromech. “You are needed here to guide me home. Messy I need help.”

A grappler extended from Messy. The astromech got a firm hold on the handlebar and began to guide the wheelchair at a high speed towards the surgery wing.

“Not so fast dad,” Marhin laughed when he spurted after his father. “You are breaking speed-records.”

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :oops: :eek: Guess not LOL Love the scene with Messy :)

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More messy things coming but first this

Control room
    “Moirani Darrin,” Bret Chedokin was fuming. He had seen the Corellian corvette disappearing in the sky after three humans entered it through a cargo hatch.

A brown coloured truck was there on the tarmac before hangar ten as a sign of their failure.

Kelly Slade shrugged with her shoulders. “Even if we had an interceptor fleet with hyperdrive capabilities I wouldn’t risk the life of the pilots. That corvette is armed. They are away and cannot come back. I have alerted all the space-ports.”

“But I don’t think they will come back,” Bret said. “The escape was organized. They will enter the nebula and have to use the automatic jump stored in their navcomp to a known system.”

“And our work in the rubble is done,” Ivano had a small smile on his face. “Selling Slojuk’s factory and Wismer’s apartment will satisfy the plastbin owners and insurance companies.”

“Yeah,” Bret grumbled. “I will head to Noranan general after visiting the Slojuk factory. One of my officers is injured and I like to know how he is doing.”

Ikraan road 115
    Noranan General Hospital
    Medevac and ER
    Tim Dereika grinned broadly when he was settling the medevac down on the lawn. He had broken the speed-record with ten seconds.

Melko was awed. He had been the test-pilot for the Zakin works mark four but this was for him unimaginable. Despite the speed the flight had been very smooth and touching down was feather light. “You are a wizard Tim. I couldn’t have done better in the Zakin.”

“I had to,” Tim grinned. “As a former police officer I wanted you and him as soon as possible in the ER.”

Melko jumped from his place and opened the sliding door of the medevac. “Stay awake Steve.” He remained glued to the side of his partner.

“Sweewmahn ahd elp fwom wiwwawd,” Steve was still lucent after getting a hefty dose of painkiller and the necessary amounts of saline and A-blood to replace what he had lost. “Awan Wuyew wiw hewp me.”

“I will help you,” Jason guided with Jay and Kevin the stretcher out of the medevac and towards the opening doors of the ER. “My father has medevac duty but… ah he is here.”

“I am here,” Alan Guyet grinned. “I see you wrecked my works Steve.”

“Sowwy,” Steve mumbled.

“I will put you under as soon as possible,” Alan turned for a moment to Melko. “Steelman, I am the wizard and will heal your friend.”

“I am the helper of the wizard and one of your nurses,” Kevin put his hand on his chest.

“And I am his little helper and friend of the blue pittin,” Jay bowed his head before guiding the stretcher under the scanning equipment in the ER.

Jason shook his head. Everybody but him knew about Steelman and friends. He was itching to know too but had to wait. He saw his father busy with the IV-line and emptying a syringe in the tap of the right IV.

“Get scrubbing Jason,” Jay had replaced the oxygen mask with a mask with bag.

“See you soon,” Melko patted gently on the right arm of Steve.

“Wiw sweewmahn fwiend,” Steve blinked with his eyes.

“I will bring him,” Melko stepped back and saw Tim standing in the doorway giving a signal.

Alan used the airway scope to insert the tube with the utmost care. He had sensed immediately that the right jaw was broken.

Melko headed to Tim.

“You can wait here in our restaurant if you like,” Tim said. “Follow me. Chef Mouraha and his famous fruit pies will be a great distraction for you.”

“Nice and I can tell you more about my test flights in the Zakin,” Melko had now a small smile on his face. He could pass the time with nice talk instead of worrying about Steve.

“You were a test pilot?”

“Yes.”

Tim began to smile broadly when he guided Melko to the restaurant.

tbc

@AzureAngel2
    @Nyota's Heart

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Aww, glad to see more busy in the ER =D= and the Slojuks haven't got away as cleanly as they think. [face_thinking]

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    They are away but;)

Space
    Moniron nebula
    Corellian corvette
    On the bridge of the corvette was pilot Jono Bel-Hana or as he was known to his boss as Jono Bekana. He was a recent addition to the gang. He was awed when he saw the swirling patterns of rocks and dust that formed the infamous Moniron nebula. His father Jeb had told him everything about the treacherous trip to Moniron and the debt he had to Ira Slojuk because the corvette had been a wreck after landing. Jeb had to pay for the repairs and got a meagre job in one of the factories near the harbour where he met a nice girl and married her. Jono was born in Noranan.
    He was ten when the police came to take him home telling him that his parents were found murdered. Jono was sent to an orphanage in Monir where he was soon taken by a nice couple.
    Jono being interested in what his father had done for a living graduated as a fully qualified pilot after studying at Monir University. He was a pilot for the Monir police when he got the belongings from his parents and found out that Amos Slojuk had been responsible. Jeb had been late paying a term on his debt.
    Jono began to plan and joined Slojuk two months ago giving a false name. Slojuk greedily accepted his services when he heard that Jono could finish the repairs the corvette.

Ikraan road 115
    Noranan General Hospital
    IC ward room number four
    “Messy, you are here,” Jesin smiled when he saw the astromech coming in. “WOW you are gleaming.”

Pwieeet prooot

“Don’t complain,” Jesin stated. “You are as clean as you were when you left the atromech factory. You have to help me. Messy get me some water!”

Jago had been briefed by Jesin. He came towards the astromech and guided him to the sink when Marhin came in supporting his father.

“He broke the speed-record from dad and bumped almost against Mick Kerebuy,” Marhin laughed.

“Mick has an emergency?” Jago turned towards the Adins.

“And Aaqu,” Kaagi added. “I saw him rounding the corner to the scrub room.”

“And more work for me,” Jesin blinked with his eyes.

“I see,” Kaag replied after some time. “We will have another patient needing some persuasion to stay here. We will put him in your room Jesin. He is one of Halfir’s childhood friends.”

“That’s alright with me,” Jesin said. “I like to meet more friends.”

Benir-road 15
    Slojuk factory
    Jacco Mannock had thanked Jon Lasky – the foreman of the Slojuk factory – for his cooperation. Thanks to him the medevac had been able to land as near as possible to the building where the injured officer had been. He had seen Kerin Behanzin walking back inside the building with the officers from SWAT ten four and was about to follow him when the sound of an approaching airspeeder alerted him.
    The airspeeder landed and a roof opened.

“I will be available if you need me,” Jon Lasky said.

Jacco saw the stormy looks on inspector Chedokin’s face when the inspector jumped out.

“Someone will have to take over this factory,” Bret grumbled. “Slojuk is out exploring the galaxy with his goons.”

“I am Jon Lasky,” the foreman shook hands with Bret. “Our boss is gone?”

“He left in his corvette with Melikas, Vicky and a man driving the truck,” Bret began and told more when the employees came to listen. He ended “we traced the datapad to Melikas.”

“Melikas,” Jon Lasky began to grumble. “He, Vicky Padoffi and Warren had something going on in that lab that was off limits to us. But they were our superiors and we didn’t ask, fearing to lose our jobs.” He indicated the men. “No one but Melikas and his new girlfriend Padoffi and their friends were working in the lab where your officer got injured. Uh by the way the officer didn’t have a chance. Padoffi used to exercise with her guns out there and bragged about her wins during tournaments when she was introduced by Mr. Slojuk three months ago. We couldn’t stop the truck because we saw Padoffi with a blaster on the passenger seat. We offered our help when your officers showed up. He began to tell us that a medevac was coming.”

Kerin Behanzin had approached and waited for Lasky to finish. “You were a great help Lasky.” He turned to Bret. “I have secured the slug that traveled through Steve’s left shoulder and found some interesting things inside the building.”

“Lead the way,” Bret followed Kerin and Jacco.

Jacco gave a soft sigh when he passed the area where Steve had fallen. A puddle of dried blood and more brown spots indicated severe injuries.

“He will be alright,” Kerin gave a brief pat on Jacco’s shoulder. “I was able to stabilize him until the medics took over. Particle slugs give nasty but mostly clean wounds. Look what I have found there on the bench.” He walked with a brisk pace towards the bench where a disassembled battle droid was next to a blaster rifle, blaster-guns, a dart-gun, darts and some flasks. “Steve was hit by slugs from this blaster rifle. Use of this dart-gun could have killed him.”

“Those darts,” Bret indicated the small points on the darts.

“If they were filled with this from the flask,” Kerin held up a flask in his blue gloved hand. “The label indicates a solution of brabweed-poison. The other flasks contain solutions with nanodroids or bacteria or poisons.”

“Nanodroids,” Bret donned blue gloves and picked up another flask. “This one contains nanodroids too.” He read the label and examined the other flasks. “Only the one you are holding and this one contains poison that could have killed Steve instantly. The others… bring them all to the lab and let Danil examine them. And make these slugs a priority examination.” He gave the blaster rifle to Jacco. “Go. I will be in the hospital.” He hurried out of the lab towards his airspeeder.

tbc:eek:[face_nail_biting]

@AzureAngel2
    @Nyota's Heart

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Aha! Cool stuff with the flasks and the pilot ;)

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “Nanodroids,” Bret donned blue gloves and picked up another flask. “This one contains nanodroids too.” He read the label and examined the other flasks. “Only the one you are holding and this one contains poison that could have killed Steve instantly. The others… bring them all to the lab and let Danil examine them. And make these slugs a priority examination.” He gave the blaster rifle to Jacco. “Go. I will be in the hospital.” He hurried out of the lab towards his airspeeder.

More excitement heading our way. :eek: