main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Kerk Korpil, starship mechanic, standing by!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by KerkKorpil, Nov 22, 2016.

1. KerkKorpil

KerkKorpil Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2016
    Hi everyone!

I'm new to the JC forums, my real name is Mario A. Escamilla, I'm from Mexico and I'm over 40 years old.

I'm also known as Kerk Korpil, a Verpine starship mechanic, which has been my roleplaying game character for decades...

Here's a drawing by artist Khairul Hisham:

[​IMG]

I got to watch the original trilogy in cinemas as a kid, and somewhere at my grandparents there should be drawings of X-Wings battling TIE fighters, I had several toys now lost to time...

Later, in college, I went shopping to a bookstore in Texas and found the Timothy Zahn paperback for Heir to the Empire, that was my rekindling of my love to the saga...

I later found about the roleplaying books and started collecting them, having acquired several during West End Games final days. We started roleplaying with my closest friends for years, having incredible and unforgettable adventures.

I've had several websites in the past 20 years, most of them aimed at the Mexican and Latin American audiences, and I've interviewed several authors and Star Wars personalities, you can peruse my interviews (in English) here:

https://puerto-pirata-veracruz.blogspot.mx/search/label/Interviews

I have also received the opportunity to write an RPG-themed essay which will appear in one of the books soon to be published by Sequart Organization.

http://sequart.org/books/47/a-more-civilized-age-exploring-the-star-wars-expanded-universe/

[​IMG]

Thank you!

2. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Welcome!

KerkKorpil likes this.
  3. KerkKorpil

Nov 7, 2016
    Thank you! :D

Halle Dray likes this.
  4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello, welcome to the Boards.

KerkKorpil likes this.
  5. KerkKorpil

Nov 7, 2016
    Thanks!!!