main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ketsu Onyo

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I thought she "flipped" way too quickly, but I guess I couldn't expect much more out of a half hour show. :p

13977 and SilentGuy66 like this.
  2. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    My thought as well, but yeah. Since we aren't doing two episode arcs all the time, what can ya do?

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    yep it only took her two minutes.

Oh and guys she is also based off of a concept design of someone from TFA.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Probably a background character concept. But I like her design. The tubes connected to her helmet remind me of TIE pilot helmets a little.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Lady_Misty like this.
  5. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Not even half hour, a little over 20 minutes. I enjoy what I see but it does feel quite compressed.

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  6. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

I agree heavily, it does feel quite compressed. For example the wings of the master episode...Please...One episode?

7. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Well she's voiced by Jessica Pearson from Suits. Who we all know has a focus on money and success but deep down has a heart of gold and will do anything to protect her friends.

8. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    She's probably biding her time before making a move

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Same. These one shots try to compress way too much story into a 22 minute episode. I miss the grand, intricate story arcs from TCW, some that would last up to 5 or 6 episodes across a season. You could tell full, real stories in them. I never did like one shot stories unless they were particularly long, but that's me (and in the ones I've written, I've gotten complaints at the length, being told I could have split them up into 1k or even 3k chapters, but I don't enjoy that. I like big, long 5-12k chapters). These feel more "flavor of the week". They're not bad, they're better at feeling less episodic and boring than last season, but the pacing is just not there.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  10. DarthBrendon85

DarthBrendon85 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2015
    Ketsu Onyo was a Mandalorion bounty hunter and an old friend of Sabine Wren.
    They apparently attended the Mandalorian Imperial Academy together until they escaped. They were close friends, considering each other sisters, and had plans to become bounty hunters to join the Black Sun, and for an unknown period of time they worked as freelance bounty hunters. However, at some point, Ketsu abandoned Sabine to save herself, and at eventually succeeded in joining Black Sun.

11. 13977

13977 Jedi Master

Jan 18, 2008
    I thought the same thing, that is unless Ketsu is playing Sabine on a more longer term plan ;)

12. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I haven't finished watching her episode yet, but the second I realized she was voiced by Gina Torres my heart warmed to her immediately. It's always nice to see a Firefly alumna :cool:

13. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    She's a great character, it reminded me of the bounty hunters from TCW and I knew it that she will be on the good side at the end, can't wait to see her again, maybe she can be the new Hondo or they could give her a few episodes with the Black Sun.

14. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    She was definitely a BADASS alright!:cool:

15. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
  16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Pablo didn't say that though, he left that very much open. He just said that it was never mentioned in the episode whether or not Ketsu was an academy student and/or Mandalorian.

Swashbucklingjedi likes this.
  17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Oh right. Well it'll be interesting to see what they do with her character. Hopefully she's in the second half of season 3.

18. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    Then, perhaps she is aligned with a different Rebel group? How does the Black Sun fit into the picture? Curious indeed...

19. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    RIP my headcanons. I was so sure she was a fellow Mandalorian. Not even from the academy? Oh boy.

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Pablo didn't deny it either- he just said it was not really confirmed in the episode that she would be mando or that she would've been in the academy. He seems to like teasing fans a little bit.:p

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Didn't the new Galactic Atlas specifically confirm it though? I'll check it later.

22. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Something doesnt make sense. The episode portrayed that she was Mandalorian, whether that meant ethnically or she was transported there as a foreign student/immigrant may not be. But it was clear it was the Mandalorian academy.

23. Brandon G

Apr 20, 2015
    I wonder when of if she's ever gonna show up again?!

24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Since the second half is supposed to have more Mandalorian stuff...probably?

25. Brandon G

Apr 20, 2015
    Well I hope so then.