main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kev-Mas Colcha's Holonet Site

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by Kev-Mas_Colcha, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Title: Kev-Mas Colcha's Holonet Site
    Description:
    Purpose:
    This site, is meant to be my personal site, where I show off many of my favorite links and icons I create for these forums. In the future, should my Freelance Webdesign Site, Eternal Fury Productions go nowhere, it may serve as a replacement for that.
    Design:
    This site, is created from my modification of a Windows Theme Suite called Amana, by Four Impressions. It also uses Cutenews for PHP based Content Publishing.
    URL: http://kevmascolcha.templeoftheforce.co.cc/index.php

2. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Looking good. I like the layout.

The design is cool, would look good as a stormboards design.

3. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Hmm... Good idea!

4. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    It's a nice start, but there's not much there to judge this by. What type of other content are you looking to put up?

5. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    For now, its mainly a place for me to post icon submissions and links, but I may expand the JC Icon Section into a Section to show off my Artwork and Designs later on.

Also, I recently updated the full topic/comment view/layout.

I also may add a blog, separated into two sections, one for In Character entries, where I post as the character of Kev-Mas Colcha, and then one for Out Of Character entries, where I post as myself about real life things.

6. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Expanding the Icon section into a place to show off all of your artwork is a good idea. It gives a more broad selection of things for viewers to look at it, and it gives you the opportunity to show off all of your talent rather than just one part of it. As far as the blog goes, I think that's an interesting idea. While a regular blog is something that everyone can do, I like your idea of an in-character blog. It's fan fiction, just of a different nature. It'll be interesting to see how that turns out.

7. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    The new Artwork Category is now made. Also, the blogs will most likely go in the home section, as I don't have enough space on the navigation to put an extra link in, and I'm not about to reduce compatibility with smaller screen sizes by making it wider with an additional link. Although, I could probably put the link on an existing button, and make it an image map, I don't think I want to.

8. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I made another update just today, and also submitted the site to be indexed in Google Search. The update, includes a few modifications, including fitting a Blog Link in, making the site stretch across the screen (100% width), adding Gravatar Support in the Comments, and clean urls with Apache's Mod_Rewrite (the clean urls were necessary to be able to make a viable Google Sitemap).

9. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Now at a new address. http://kevmascolcha.twilightmainframe.net/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.